With all the hype surrounding the release of "Les Misérables" on Christmas day, many movie fans expected the Tom Hooper musical to cruise to the top spot at the box office this weekend. But "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" upset the apple cart, earning its third box office title in a row with an estimated $32.9 million according to Film.com.
That's not to say that "Les Misérables" was a disappointment, as Hugh Jackman and company finished with a solid $28 million for the weekend. But that amount still left it behind both "The Hobbit" and Quentin Tarantino's bloodsoaked revenge epic "Django Unchained," which brought in $30.7 million.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- Eddie The Eagle Superbowl Spot (From TheMovieBit. 7 February 2016, 11:47 PM, PST)
- Big Game TV Spot – Eddie The Eagle (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 7 February 2016, 7:05 PM, PST)
- Watch: Get Inspired With Super Bowl Spot For 'Eddie The Eagle' (From The Playlist. 7 February 2016, 7:05 PM, PST)
- The Dressmaker sails past $20 million, Spotlight strong, Steve Jobs weak (From IF.com.au. 7 February 2016, 1:49 PM, PST)
- Box Office: ‘The Revenant’ Tops $300 Million Globally (From Variety - Film News. 7 February 2016, 1:24 PM, PST)
- Film Review: ‘Carnage Park’ (From Variety - Film News. 7 February 2016, 11:44 AM, PST)
Django Unchained (2012)
- Spectre gets the Honest Trailer treatment (From Flickeringmyth. 5 February 2016, 12:00 AM, PST)
- Craft Guild Noms, Oscar Tallies Reveal Interesting Contrasts (From Variety - Film News. 3 February 2016, 1:42 PM, PST)
- Check Out The First Poster For Mike Epps’ Comedy Meet The Blacks (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 28 January 2016, 5:09 PM, PST)