With all the hype surrounding the release of "Les Misérables" on Christmas day, many movie fans expected the Tom Hooper musical to cruise to the top spot at the box office this weekend. But "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" upset the apple cart, earning its third box office title in a row with an estimated $32.9 million according to Film.com.
That's not to say that "Les Misérables" was a disappointment, as Hugh Jackman and company finished with a solid $28 million for the weekend. But that amount still left it behind both "The Hobbit" and Quentin Tarantino's bloodsoaked revenge epic "Django Unchained," which brought in $30.7 million.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- First Look: Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique in X-Men: Days of Future Past (From Worst Previews. 21 May 2013, 3:37 AM, PDT)
- The Wolverine character posters for Viper and Yukio, new trailer arriving tomorrow (From Flickeringmyth. 21 May 2013, 3:11 AM, PDT)
- First look at Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique in X-Men: Days of Future Past (From Flickeringmyth. 21 May 2013, 3:11 AM, PDT)
Quentin Tarantino (I)
- Favourite Movie Soundtracks - Goodfellas (From Flickeringmyth. 21 May 2013, 3:12 AM, PDT)
- Oscar Alert: Julia and Judi, and Meryl Too (From Alt Film Guide. 20 May 2013, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Django Unchained Blu-Ray Review (From The Hollywood News. 20 May 2013, 7:28 AM, PDT)
Django Unchained (2012)
- Jamie Foxx is Shooting a Short Film in NYC (From LatinoReview. 20 May 2013, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- Tyrin Turner, Nichole Galicia Star In Jamie Foxx's Canon 'Imaginat10n' Project + You Too Can Participate (From ShadowAndAct. 20 May 2013, 3:01 PM, PDT)
- Ron Howard and Bryce Dallas Howard's 'Project Imaginat10n' Contest Underway, Jamie Foxx's Short Film Goes Into Production Update (From Thompson on Hollywood. 20 May 2013, 11:50 AM, PDT)