No sooner will the bell be ringing for 2013, than the glittering and good of the entertainment world will be brushing off their tuxes, practising their good-loser grins and optimistically clearing a spot on the mantelpiece.
And the good news is... there are a whole bunch of British names in the mix. Here's a quick run-down of the cinematic horses with their noses out front at the moment, along with our best home-grown hopes...
Hugh Jackman - Shows his vulnerable side, emaciated frame, not to mention a deep well of a singing voice, to heartbreaking effect in 'Les Miserables'
Philip Seymour Hoffman - Tour de force as a religious cult leader who may or may not be Scientology-influenced
- Caroline Frost
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Watch: Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, and Terence Winter Talk Wolf Of Wall Street, Spielberg on Set, and More (From Collider.com. 4 December 2013, 12:24 PM, PST)
- Face-Melting Art for Raiders Of The Lost Ark (From GeekTyrant. 4 December 2013, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Top Ten Funniest Food Moments in Film (From HeyUGuys. 4 December 2013, 4:06 AM, PST)
Jennifer Lawrence (III)
- American Hustle – review | Peter Bradshaw (From The Guardian - Film News. 4 December 2013, 3:32 PM, PST)
- Miley Cyrus’ Shocking New Tweet: ‘I Want A Boyfriend’ (From HollywoodLife. 4 December 2013, 2:51 PM, PST)
- Satellite Award Nominees (From The Hollywood News. 4 December 2013, 2:37 PM, PST)
- Sundance Competition & Next Lineups Announced (From Twitch. 4 December 2013, 1:50 PM, PST)
- Sundance First Look: Anne Hathaway In 'Song One' & Elle Fanning In 'Low Down' (From The Playlist. 4 December 2013, 1:41 PM, PST)
- Sundance 2014: Cutter Hodierne, Damien Chazelle, Kat Candler & Mona Fastvold Among Lucky 16 U.S. Dramatic Comp Selections (From ioncinema. 4 December 2013, 1:30 PM, PST)