No sooner will the bell be ringing for 2013, than the glittering and good of the entertainment world will be brushing off their tuxes, practising their good-loser grins and optimistically clearing a spot on the mantelpiece.
And the good news is... there are a whole bunch of British names in the mix. Here's a quick run-down of the cinematic horses with their noses out front at the moment, along with our best home-grown hopes...
Hugh Jackman - Shows his vulnerable side, emaciated frame, not to mention a deep well of a singing voice, to heartbreaking effect in 'Les Miserables'
Philip Seymour Hoffman - Tour de force as a religious cult leader who may or may not be Scientology-influenced
- Caroline Frost
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- See Reddit users’ favorite movie from each year (From SoundOnSight. 2 September 2014, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- Arcades in Movies and Steven Spielberg’s Arcade Game Collection (From Slash Film. 2 September 2014, 11:33 AM, PDT)
- North Korea Condemns U.K. TV Series as ‘Despicable Burlesque’ (From Variety - TV News. 1 September 2014, 10:05 AM, PDT)
Jennifer Lawrence (III)
- Apple Insists the iCloud Is Secure in Wake of Mass Nude Photo Leak That Ensnared Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton and Others (From E! Online. 2 September 2014, 12:58 PM, PDT)
- 10 Cm Punk Ironies He Doesn’t Want You To Realise (From Obsessed with Film. 2 September 2014, 12:57 PM, PDT)
- Lena Dunham and Emma Watson Support Celebs Whose Nude Photos Were Leaked: ''You Are Violating These Women!'' (From E! Online. 2 September 2014, 12:25 PM, PDT)
- Wamg’s Guide To 100+ Films For Fall / Holiday 2014 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 29 August 2014, 1:49 PM, PDT)
- Mike Epps Lands the Role of Richard Pryor in Lee Daniels-Directed Biopic (From SoundOnSight. 28 August 2014, 5:23 PM, PDT)
- Warner Bros rumoured to have a no jokes policy on its DC films (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 August 2014, 3:25 AM, PDT)