Consolidating its position as the most successful Bond movie ever, Skyfall has this weekend passed the $1 billion mark and stands at No 14 in the all-time global box office chart, just below The Dark Knight.
It's also become the first film in UK box office history to cross the £100 million barrier, making it Britain's biggest movie to date.
This latest adventure in the long-running franchise is Daniel Craig's third time in the role and sees Bond, Judi Dench's M, Ben Whishaw's Q and Naomie Harris's field agent Eve up against a memorable villain in the form of terrorist Raoul Silva, played by Javier Bardem.
Previous villains have often had plans for global destruction or seizing control of a vital commodity but for Silva, it was much more about revenge within the ranks of MI6.
With the film's DVD and Blu-ray release now announced for February 18, 2013, Spanish actor »
- David Bentley
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight (2008)
- Christopher Nolan's ‘Interstellar’ Explodes at Intimate, First-Look Screening (From The Wrap. 23 October 2014, 1:21 AM, PDT)
- Michael Douglas and Evangeline Lilly in new Ant-Man set photo (From Flickeringmyth. 22 October 2014, 11:51 PM, PDT)
- Outrage Over Superhero Casting (From SoundOnSight. 22 October 2014, 8:07 PM, PDT)
Daniel Craig (I)
- Tpg Capital Buys Majority Stake in CAA (From Variety - Film News. 20 October 2014, 10:49 AM, PDT)
- 15 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept To Enjoy The Dark Knight Trilogy (From Obsessed with Film. 20 October 2014, 7:58 AM, PDT)
- Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study (From Deadline New York. 20 October 2014, 12:01 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Ridley Scott's 'The Counselor' Gets Its Cult Film Due (From Thompson on Hollywood. 20 October 2014, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- Farrell for 'Strange', 'Pacific Rim 2', Bardem for 'Pirates 5', Over an Hour of IMAX 'Interstellar' (From Rope Of Silicon. 18 October 2014, 10:14 PM, PDT)
- Pedro Almodovar Feted As Thierry Frémaux’s Lumière Fest Nears Close (From Deadline New York. 18 October 2014, 8:07 AM, PDT)