Consolidating its position as the most successful Bond movie ever, Skyfall has this weekend passed the $1 billion mark and stands at No 14 in the all-time global box office chart, just below The Dark Knight.
It's also become the first film in UK box office history to cross the £100 million barrier, making it Britain's biggest movie to date.
This latest adventure in the long-running franchise is Daniel Craig's third time in the role and sees Bond, Judi Dench's M, Ben Whishaw's Q and Naomie Harris's field agent Eve up against a memorable villain in the form of terrorist Raoul Silva, played by Javier Bardem.
Previous villains have often had plans for global destruction or seizing control of a vital commodity but for Silva, it was much more about revenge within the ranks of MI6.
With the film's DVD and Blu-ray release now announced for February 18, 2013, Spanish actor »
- David Bentley
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight (2008)
- First Look At Jared Leto As The Joker In Suicide Squad (From We Got This Covered. 5 March 2015, 4:05 PM, PST)
- 8 Ways Heath Ledger’s Joker Almost Turned Out Completely Different (From Obsessed with Film. 5 March 2015, 6:38 AM, PST)
- Oscars 2016 May Return to 5 Best Picture Nominees (From MovieWeb. 4 March 2015, 4:52 PM, PST)
Daniel Craig (I)
- Star Wars Actor Ford Injured in Plane Accident in Los Angeles Area (From Alt Film Guide. 5 March 2015, 4:43 PM, PST)
- 'Spectre' Set Video Shows 'James Bond' Car Chase in Rome (From MovieWeb. 4 March 2015, 7:12 AM, PST)
- Sir Roger Moore reprises role as James Bond for Comic Relief (From Virgin Media - TV. 4 March 2015, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Tom Hooper’s The Danish Girl To Be Released November 27th, 2015 For Awards Season (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 4 March 2015, 12:10 PM, PST)
- New poster for The Gunman starring Sean Penn (From Flickeringmyth. 1 March 2015, 3:00 AM, PST)
- See All the Photos of Daniel Craig Looking Hot as James Bond (From BuzzSugar. 28 February 2015, 5:30 AM, PST)