Consolidating its position as the most successful Bond movie ever, Skyfall has this weekend passed the $1 billion mark and stands at No 14 in the all-time global box office chart, just below The Dark Knight.
It's also become the first film in UK box office history to cross the £100 million barrier, making it Britain's biggest movie to date.
This latest adventure in the long-running franchise is Daniel Craig's third time in the role and sees Bond, Judi Dench's M, Ben Whishaw's Q and Naomie Harris's field agent Eve up against a memorable villain in the form of terrorist Raoul Silva, played by Javier Bardem.
Previous villains have often had plans for global destruction or seizing control of a vital commodity but for Silva, it was much more about revenge within the ranks of MI6.
With the film's DVD and Blu-ray release now announced for February 18, 2013, Spanish actor »
- David Bentley
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight (2008)
- I, Frankenstein Coming to DVD, Blu-ray And Digital From Lionsgate Home Entertainment (From ScifiMafia. 11 March 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- David S. Goyer Reveals Constantine TV Pilot Details (From Dread Central. 11 March 2014, 12:24 PM, PDT)
- 'I, Frankenstein' Blu-ray and DVD Releases May 13th (From MovieWeb. 11 March 2014, 8:06 AM, PDT)
Daniel Craig (I)
- Special Features - Dodging Bullets: Why Liam Neeson would have made a terrible 007 (From Flickeringmyth. 11 March 2014, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Height matters for women while choosing partner (From RealBollywood. 11 March 2014, 5:37 AM, PDT)
- Wills-Kat 'perfect couple' when it comes to height (From RealBollywood. 11 March 2014, 12:47 AM, PDT)
- Enemies Closer Blu-Ray Review (From We Got This Covered. 11 March 2014, 4:56 AM, PDT)
- Sony Hires Chris Boal To Pen ‘Zorro’ Reboot (From LatinoReview. 7 March 2014, 6:33 AM, PST)
- Inside Madonna's A-List Oscar Party (From PEOPLE.com. 4 March 2014, 6:15 AM, PST)