Its been awhile. On Christmas night I saw Django Unchained, Quentin Tarantino’s latest film on revenge as well as a twisted ode to the Spaghetti Western genre. Given that it was Christmas, the theater was packed as expected. Was Django off the chain (sorry, too easy), or should it have stayed…well…chained?
Let’s give it a look and see.
I was a little leery in early 2011 when I heard about this movie getting made. However, I’m a late-to-the-game Tarantino fan who soon stopped worrying given what I’ve already seen him do with plots that range from the absurdly simplistic (Kill Bill Vol. 1) to the potentially controversial (Inglorious Basterds). Plus, the all-star cast was too good to pass up.
One of the first things that painted this Spaghetti Western in a different light was of course the setting and the protagonist. Most Westerns (save »
- C.C. Ekeke
Similar News ItemsLeonardo DiCaprio
- 10 Famous Actors Who Can’t Help Doing The Same Thing In Every Movie (From Obsessed with Film. 9 March 2014, 9:23 AM, PDT)
- Filmmaker Scott Kalvert of 'Basketball Diaries' fame found dead (From RealBollywood. 8 March 2014, 9:32 PM, PST)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Leads a Boom in Palm Springs Real Estate (From The Hollywood Reporter. 8 March 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
Samuel L. Jackson
- 'Reassemble' promo for Captain America: The Winter Soldier (From Flickeringmyth. 9 March 2014, 10:03 AM, PDT)
- New Illustrated Posters For Captain America: The Winter Soldier Spotted (From ComicBookMovie. 9 March 2014, 6:11 AM, PDT)
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Gets Reassembled in Disney Xd Promo (From MovieWeb. 8 March 2014, 8:59 AM, PST)
- From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series Review: “Episode 1.01″ (Season 1, Episode 1) [SXSW 2014] (From We Got This Covered. 8 March 2014, 4:00 PM, PST)
- Harvey Weinstein to California: Expand Production Tax Incentives, ‘Please’ (From Variety - Film News. 8 March 2014, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Robert Rodriguez talks From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series (From DailyDead. 7 March 2014, 5:23 PM, PST)