I feel bad because I gave up on Ann Dowd.
Early in the Oscar season, when the field is so open and many films are still unseen, it’s easier to get behind an underdog. There’s more room to suggest a longshot for consideration’s sake, which to me feels a bit more interesting than just trying to “guess right” for … what exactly? A pat on the head for correctly predicting who might get a trophy?
That’s why I wish I’d had the nerve to give Dowd more of a push for her truly devastating performance in »
- Anthony Breznican
Similar News ItemsNatalie Portman
- 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' First Look: Do we even care anymore? (From Hitfix. 3 July 2015, 9:46 AM, PDT)
- 19 Actors Who Didn't Marry Actors (From Popsugar. 28 June 2015, 5:15 PM, PDT)
- Terrence Malick's Next Films Hit In 2016 (From Dark Horizons. 27 June 2015, 11:29 PM, PDT)
- Classic Hollywood 'Profiles' Online (From Thompson on Hollywood. 3 July 2015, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- “The Martian”: Looking at potential Best Picture contenders (From Hollywoodnews.com. 2 July 2015, 2:28 PM, PDT)
- Oscars: Biopics, Diversity Dearth Shape Midyear Race (From Variety - Film News. 2 July 2015, 1:19 PM, PDT)
- Comic Book Review – Airboy #2 (From Flickeringmyth. 4 July 2015, 2:07 AM, PDT)
- ‘Philadelphia’ Screenwriter on Gay Marriage, Legacy of Tom Hanks AIDS Drama (From Variety - Film News. 1 July 2015, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Hating Seth MacFarlane: A Timeline (From Rolling Stone. 29 June 2015, 12:02 PM, PDT)