I feel bad because I gave up on Ann Dowd.
Early in the Oscar season, when the field is so open and many films are still unseen, it’s easier to get behind an underdog. There’s more room to suggest a longshot for consideration’s sake, which to me feels a bit more interesting than just trying to “guess right” for … what exactly? A pat on the head for correctly predicting who might get a trophy?
That’s why I wish I’d had the nerve to give Dowd more of a push for her truly devastating performance in »
- Anthony Breznican
Similar News ItemsNatalie Portman
- Hemsworth Wasn't Kissing Portman In "Thor 2" (From Dark Horizons. 9 December 2013, 1:58 AM, PST)
- Marion Cotillard Talks ‘The Immigrant,’ ‘Lady Macbeth,’ Scorsese and the Dardennes Brothers (From Variety - Film News. 7 December 2013, 8:47 AM, PST)
- Thor: The Dark World crosses $600 million worldwide (From Flickeringmyth. 7 December 2013, 1:03 AM, PST)
- Can Idris Elba make 'Long Walk' to Oscars by playing Nelson Mandela? (From Gold Derby. 9 December 2013, 12:55 PM, PST)
- Films about winning the lottery (From Flickeringmyth. 9 December 2013, 11:53 AM, PST)
- Online Film Critics' Society award nominees revealed (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 9 December 2013, 11:09 AM, PST)
- Sleater-Kinney reunite at Pearl Jam show for cover of 'Rockin' in the Free World' (From Hitfix. 1 December 2013, 7:26 PM, PST)
- Prize Fighter: Best Actor shapes up as the Oscars' toughest race (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 29 November 2013, 8:00 AM, PST)
- The top 25 underappreciated films of 2000 (From Den of Geek. 27 November 2013, 7:48 AM, PST)