I feel bad because I gave up on Ann Dowd.
Early in the Oscar season, when the field is so open and many films are still unseen, it’s easier to get behind an underdog. There’s more room to suggest a longshot for consideration’s sake, which to me feels a bit more interesting than just trying to “guess right” for … what exactly? A pat on the head for correctly predicting who might get a trophy?
That’s why I wish I’d had the nerve to give Dowd more of a push for her truly devastating performance in »
- Anthony Breznican
Similar News ItemsNatalie Portman
- ‘Awards Chatter’ Podcast — Barry Jenkins (‘Moonlight’) (From Scott Feinberg. 19 February 2017, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Arthouse Audit: ‘I Am Not Your Negro’ Soars as ‘Kedi’ Continues Strong (From Indiewire. 19 February 2017, 9:43 AM, PST)
- Ryan Gosling and Michael Fassbender Fight Over Rooney Mara in First Trailer for 'Song to Song' -- Watch! (From Entertainment Tonight. 17 February 2017, 3:21 PM, PST)
- Film Acquisition Rundown: HBO Picks Up ‘David Bowie: The Last Five Years,’ TWC Buys ‘Perfetti Sconosciuti’ and More (From Indiewire. 17 February 2017, 3:05 PM, PST)
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson Don't Let Traffic Get in the Way of Date Night for a Fabulous Cause (From E! Online. 17 February 2017, 1:42 PM, PST)
- Ryan Gosling & Natalie Portman rock out in this trailer for Song to Song (From JoBlo. 17 February 2017, 11:55 AM, PST)
- Why Fences should win the best picture Oscar (From The Guardian - Film News. 17 February 2017, 6:33 AM, PST)
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Set for Free Screenings in 14 Cities for Black History Month (From Variety - Film News. 14 February 2017, 11:16 AM, PST)
- Newswire: Lin-Manuel Miranda, Justin Timberlake, and John Legend are all playing this year’s Oscars (From The AV Club. 10 February 2017, 11:42 AM, PST)