After publicly criticizing "Zero Dark Thirty" -- the film by Oscar-winning director Kathryn Bigelow about the decade-long hunt for Osama bin Laden -- the CIA has taken steps to debunk some "Hollywood myths."
The agency outlined "Hollywood myths vs. the real CIA" in a Friday press release covering such topics as spies, arrests and foreign policy.
"While the CIA may have cool spy tools that even James Bond would be proud to use, such as a robot fish that samples water and insect-sized listening devices, the CIA is a lot different than Hollywood portrays it to be," the release said.
Acting CIA Director Michael Morell previously addressed the film's depiction of interrogation methods used during the course of the successful manhunt for Osama Bin Laden, including controversial torture scenes.
"What I want you to know is that Zero Dark Thirty is a dramatization, not a realistic portrayal of the facts, »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsKathryn Bigelow
- Film Review: Mira Nair’s The Reluctant Fundamentalist (From DearCinema.com. 16 May 2013, 8:50 PM, PDT)
- Tracing America's Relationship to the Middle East in Valentino's Ghost (From Village Voice. 15 May 2013, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Joel Edgerton In Demand: Actor Joins Johnny Depp In 'Black Mass' & Michelle Williams In 'The Double Hour' (From The Playlist. 15 May 2013, 5:11 PM, PDT)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- Joel Edgerton Joins Johnny Depp in Black Mass (From GeekTyrant. 18 May 2013, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- Smart Art Films Thrive at the Right Price (From Variety - Film News. 16 May 2013, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Joel Edgerton Joins Black Mass With Johnny Depp (From We Got This Covered. 16 May 2013, 11:02 AM, PDT)
John McCain (I)
- Aclu Wants Cam and Mitchell To Marry, The Wanted Might Dabble, Jason Bourne Mounts Gordon Gekko (From The Backlot. 16 May 2013, 6:05 AM, PDT)
- Meghan McCain Spills on Her New Talk Show (From The Hollywood Reporter. 16 May 2013, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- The Most Unlikely Hero In The Fight Against Cable (From Huffington Post. 14 May 2013, 2:28 PM, PDT)