Director Alex Zamm (Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2) has released some test footage from Alcon Entertainment and Warner Bros.' proposed live-action / CG hybrid adaptations of Hong Kong Phooey and Marvin the Martian.
Last August, it was revealed that Eddie Murphy (Doctor Dolittle) had signed on to lend his voice to Hanna-Barbera's kung-fu canine in Hong Kong Phooey, although with the test footage now making its way online, it would seem that the big screen adaptation may have fallen apart, much like Zamm's earlier Marvin the Martian project, which is of course based upon Chuck Jones' classic Looney Tunes character.
In the case of Hong Kong Phooey that's probably a good thing, although the Marvin the Martian footage - which takes the form of a short entitled 'Yule Be Sorry' - certainly looked a little more promising.
Similar News ItemsEddie Murphy (I)
- The most overpaid actors of 2013 (From Flickeringmyth. 11 December 2013, 3:56 AM, PST)
- Adam Sandler named 'most overpaid' Hollywood star in annual Forbes list (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 10 December 2013, 5:36 AM, PST)
- Jerry Bruckheimer & Paramount Ink First-Look Deal, Brett Ratner to Direct Beverly Hills Cop 4 (From HeyUGuys. 10 December 2013, 3:17 AM, PST)
Doctor Dolittle (1998)
- Gravity and other films that changed Hollywood for ever (From The Guardian - Film News. 7 November 2013, 4:06 PM, PST)
- Rihanna Hugs an Elephant's Trunk in South Africa—See the Pic! (From E! Online. 18 October 2013, 8:13 AM, PDT)
- Sony Pictures Nearing Financing Deal With Blue Anchor (From Variety - Film News. 3 October 2013, 10:51 PM, PDT)
Chuck Jones (I)
- Thn Advent Calendar Day 9: The Grinch (From The Hollywood News. 9 December 2013, 3:22 AM, PST)
- No Comment Two (The Invention of Facts) (From MUBI. 5 December 2013, 10:21 AM, PST)
- Silly CG Animated Short Comedy - Caminandes: Gran Dillama (From GeekTyrant. 2 December 2013, 11:00 AM, PST)