Be careful when you're buying yourself a piece of signed memorabilia from The King, because there's a good chance it could be fake. Authenticators PSA/DNA have revealed that Elvis Presley is at the top of the list of the most-forged autographs in 2012.
Considering Elvis' continued popularity, it shouldn't come as much of a shock that there is a big market of people looking for items signed by the rock 'n' roll star -- and a big market of people looking to provide. Coming in second on the list is another continually popular band: The Beatles. Rounding out the top three is Neil Armstrong, who passed away earlier this year.
Apparently the major forgery problem is not with people wishing ill will, but with the fact that celebrities would respond to fan mail by having their secretaries or assistants sign items instead of them.
"There was absolutely no financial gain »
Similar News ItemsElvis Presley
- Kevin Spacey Takes on Role as a Cat in 'Nine Lives' (From MovieWeb. 28 January 2015, 11:39 AM, PST)
- Walk of Fame Honor: Producer Ken Ehrlich Charges Up Electric Grammy Moments (From Variety - TV News. 28 January 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Box Office Democracy: “Strange Magic” (From Comicmix. 27 January 2015, 7:30 AM, PST)
Neil Armstrong (I)
- 25 Stars You Didn't Know Are Left-Handed (From Popsugar. 30 December 2014, 4:12 AM, PST)
- Apollo 11-Inspired Spacesuit Sweatsuit (From GeekTyrant. 27 December 2014, 6:01 AM, PST)
- ‘Whiplash’ Director Damien Chazelle’s Incredible Journey (From Scott Feinberg. 26 December 2014, 7:53 AM, PST)