Be careful when you're buying yourself a piece of signed memorabilia from The King, because there's a good chance it could be fake. Authenticators PSA/DNA have revealed that Elvis Presley is at the top of the list of the most-forged autographs in 2012.
Considering Elvis' continued popularity, it shouldn't come as much of a shock that there is a big market of people looking for items signed by the rock 'n' roll star -- and a big market of people looking to provide. Coming in second on the list is another continually popular band: The Beatles. Rounding out the top three is Neil Armstrong, who passed away earlier this year.
Apparently the major forgery problem is not with people wishing ill will, but with the fact that celebrities would respond to fan mail by having their secretaries or assistants sign items instead of them.
"There was absolutely no financial gain »
Similar News ItemsElvis Presley
- The Essential Pet Shop Boys: Ranking Their Top Ten Songs (From The Backlot. 10 July 2014, 11:05 AM, PDT)
- Garth Brooks Is Back! Comeback Album, World Tour on the Way (From Entertainment Tonight. 10 July 2014, 10:39 AM, PDT)
- Garth Brooks finally joins the digital age, new album and tour plans (From Hitfix. 10 July 2014, 10:27 AM, PDT)
Neil Armstrong (I)
- UFO Doc Aliens On The Moon: The Truth Exposed Flies To SyFy July! 20th (From Icons of Fright. 10 July 2014, 2:15 AM, PDT)
- Syfy to Expose the Truth About Aliens on the Moon (From Dread Central. 7 July 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Surviving Progress: we're advancing to oblivion one hashtag at a time | Jazz Twemlow (From The Guardian - TV News. 6 July 2014, 6:57 PM, PDT)