Be careful when you're buying yourself a piece of signed memorabilia from The King, because there's a good chance it could be fake. Authenticators PSA/DNA have revealed that Elvis Presley is at the top of the list of the most-forged autographs in 2012.
Considering Elvis' continued popularity, it shouldn't come as much of a shock that there is a big market of people looking for items signed by the rock 'n' roll star -- and a big market of people looking to provide. Coming in second on the list is another continually popular band: The Beatles. Rounding out the top three is Neil Armstrong, who passed away earlier this year.
Apparently the major forgery problem is not with people wishing ill will, but with the fact that celebrities would respond to fan mail by having their secretaries or assistants sign items instead of them.
"There was absolutely no financial gain »
Similar News ItemsElvis Presley
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Join in on the Fun at Orlando Bloom’s Surprise Birthday Party (From PEOPLE.com. 15 January 2017, 3:16 PM, PST)
- Dick Gautier, ‘Get Smart’ Actor, Dies at 85 (From The Wrap. 14 January 2017, 10:53 AM, PST)
- Dick Gautier, Hymie the Robot on 'Get Smart,' Dies at 85 (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 14 January 2017, 9:21 AM, PST)
Neil Armstrong (I)
- Playback: Damien Chazelle on ‘La La Land,’ ‘First Man’ and Daring to Dream (From Variety - Film News. 19 January 2017, 12:30 PM, PST)
- The Last Man On The Moon, Capt. Gene Cernan, Dies (1934-2017) (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 16 January 2017, 2:34 PM, PST)
- Interview: Ryan Gosling on La La Land, learning to play the piano & his musical future (From HeyUGuys. 12 January 2017, 10:52 AM, PST)