Be careful when you're buying yourself a piece of signed memorabilia from The King, because there's a good chance it could be fake. Authenticators PSA/DNA have revealed that Elvis Presley is at the top of the list of the most-forged autographs in 2012.
Considering Elvis' continued popularity, it shouldn't come as much of a shock that there is a big market of people looking for items signed by the rock 'n' roll star -- and a big market of people looking to provide. Coming in second on the list is another continually popular band: The Beatles. Rounding out the top three is Neil Armstrong, who passed away earlier this year.
Apparently the major forgery problem is not with people wishing ill will, but with the fact that celebrities would respond to fan mail by having their secretaries or assistants sign items instead of them.
"There was absolutely no financial gain »
Similar News ItemsElvis Presley
- Videology: Gangster Nancy Sinatra’s Paradise Lost – Lana Del Rey’s ‘Tropico’ (From SoundOnSight. 1 September 2015, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Glen Campbell Gets Ready To Return To The Stage In Clip From Oscar Nominated Documentary 'I'll Be Me' (From The Playlist. 31 August 2015, 12:17 PM, PDT)
- Core Media TV Chief Jennifer O’Connell to Exit Amid Restructuring, Debt Refinancing Push (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 27 August 2015, 7:50 AM, PDT)
Neil Armstrong (I)
- Help is on the way for Matt Damon in latest trailer for ‘The Martian’ (From SoundOnSight. 19 August 2015, 7:11 AM, PDT)
- 33 Stars You Didn't Know Are Left-Handed (From Popsugar. 13 August 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Marco Beltrami and Philip Glass Thrilling Fantastic Four Soundtrack On CD August 14 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 2 August 2015, 11:32 AM, PDT)