Chicago – There are a great many talented people involved in the over-hyped, underdeveloped horror anthology, “V/H/S.” It’s a sad sight to see so many gifted filmmakers assembled for a project so misguided. What could’ve been a launching pad for several exciting careers ends up being a mildly diverting curiosity well worth taping over.
Brad Miska’s concept of a “Creepshow”-style amalgam of found footage shorts is certainly promising in theory, but he falters in the execution. At an interminable running time of 116 minutes, the concept outstays its welcome several times over. Miska’s interview in the disc’s plentiful special features indicate that he wasn’t shrewd enough to cut the segments down to sharpen the pacing, while cutting others altogether.
Blu-ray Rating: 2.0/5.0
The wraparound vignette, “Tape 56,” was shot before any of the shorts had been planned, and its disjointed presence in the film is a conspicuous distraction. »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Adam Fendelman)
Similar News ItemsParanormal Activity (2007)
- Jerry Bruckheimer & Paramount Ink First-Look Deal, Brett Ratner to Direct Beverly Hills Cop 4 (From HeyUGuys. 10 December 2013, 3:17 AM, PST)
- The HeyUGuys Instant Watching Guide – December 9th 2013 (From HeyUGuys. 9 December 2013, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Casting Update for Ouija (From DailyDead. 6 December 2013, 7:12 PM, PST)
- Magnet Releasing Gives The Sacrament a Release Date (From Dread Central. 9 December 2013, 12:50 PM, PST)
- Ti West’s ‘The Sacrament’ Set for U.S. Release on June 6 (From Variety - Film News. 9 December 2013, 12:35 PM, PST)
- Release Details for Ti West’s The Sacrament (From DailyDead. 9 December 2013, 10:36 AM, PST)
Simon Barrett (I)
- You’Re Next Invades Blu-ray & DVD January 14th! (From Icons of Fright. 9 December 2013, 12:16 PM, PST)
- New Pictures Arrive From Joe Swanberg’s Thriller, 24 Exposures (From ShockYa. 8 December 2013, 8:45 AM, PST)
- Sundance Film Fesival 2014 Midnight Movie Lineup (From GeekTyrant. 8 December 2013)