Chicago – There are a great many talented people involved in the over-hyped, underdeveloped horror anthology, “V/H/S.” It’s a sad sight to see so many gifted filmmakers assembled for a project so misguided. What could’ve been a launching pad for several exciting careers ends up being a mildly diverting curiosity well worth taping over.
Brad Miska’s concept of a “Creepshow”-style amalgam of found footage shorts is certainly promising in theory, but he falters in the execution. At an interminable running time of 116 minutes, the concept outstays its welcome several times over. Miska’s interview in the disc’s plentiful special features indicate that he wasn’t shrewd enough to cut the segments down to sharpen the pacing, while cutting others altogether.
Blu-ray Rating: 2.0/5.0
The wraparound vignette, “Tape 56,” was shot before any of the shorts had been planned, and its disjointed presence in the film is a conspicuous distraction. »
- email@example.com (Adam Fendelman)
Similar News ItemsParanormal Activity (2007)
- ‘Pay the Ghost’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 21 November 2015, 8:24 AM, PST)
- The Must-Own Filmmaking Books This Holiday: David Lynch, Terry Gilliam, Marty McFly, and More (From The Film Stage. 19 November 2015, 9:05 AM, PST)
- Ventana Sur: ‘Downhill,’ ‘Benavidez’s Case’ Play at Bloody Work in Progress (From Variety - Film News. 19 November 2015, 6:14 AM, PST)
- 2016 Sundance Film Festival 75 Predictions List: An Introduction (From ioncinema. 23 November 2015, 9:30 AM, PST)
- Round-Up: Funko’s Fallout 4 Pop! Vinyls, The Wretched Photos, South Of Hell Video (From DailyDead. 16 November 2015, 8:31 AM, PST)
- Deathgasm Blu-ray / DVD Slated for January 5th Release (From DailyDead. 13 November 2015, 11:02 AM, PST)
Simon Barrett (I)
- 200 Greatest Horror Films (180-171) (From SoundOnSight. 3 October 2015, 7:51 PM, PDT)
- Adi Shankar’s ‘Bootleg Universe Pitch Show’ Unveils Guest Lineup (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 31 August 2015, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Simon Barrett and The Vicious Brothers to team up for upcoming feature (From SoundOnSight. 28 July 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)