"Mockingbird Lane" will not proceed on NBC. The pilot, which aired as a one-off Halloween special, will be all that's produced of "The Munsters" remake.
Series creator Bryan Fuller tweeted the news to his followers.
Fuller wrote the script for the show that was a modern-day retelling of the Munster clan made up of vampires, werewolves and Frakenstein. Bryan Singer directed the pilot that aired on NBC in October. The show was billed as a Halloween special and had 5.5 million viewers. Jerry O'Connell, Portia de Rossi, Charity Wakefield, Mason Cook and Eddie Izzard starred in the pilot.
Fuller had been developing "The Munsters" reboot since 2010 and the pilot reportedly cost $10 million to produce. While "Mockingbird Lane" isn't going forward, Fuller fans have "Hannibal" to look forward to on NBC. Hugh Dancy, Gillian Anderson and many, many Fuller veterans star in the thriller about serial killer Hannibal Lecter. No premiere date has been announced. »
- Chris Harnick
Similar News ItemsBryan Singer
- How much of Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: Days of Future Past script made it into the movie? (From Flickeringmyth. 23 December 2014, 12:39 PM, PST)
- Famed TV Exec Garth Ancier -- Accuser Admitted Rape Story Was a 'Gay Hollywood' Shakedown Plot (From TMZ. 23 December 2014, 9:30 AM, PST)
- Vaughn Talks Singer's "X-Men" Script Changes (From Dark Horizons. 22 December 2014, 10:30 AM, PST)
- Simon Pegg and Robin Williams star in first Absolutely Anything clip (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 18 December 2014, 3:15 AM, PST)
- Watch A Hilarious First Clip From ‘Absolutely Anything’ Featuring Simon Pegg & Robin Williams In His Last Role (From The Hollywood News. 17 December 2014, 11:53 AM, PST)
- 'Absolutely Anything' Clip Shows Robin Williams' Last Role (From MovieWeb. 17 December 2014, 8:57 AM, PST)
- Joe Anderson to Replace Michael Pitt as Mason Verger in Hannibal TV Series (From DailyDead. 19 December 2014, 3:48 PM, PST)
- Anderson Replaces Pitt In NBC's "Hannibal" (From Dark Horizons. 19 December 2014, 11:03 AM, PST)
- Digital Spy's best TV shows of the year 2014: 5-1 (From Digital Spy - TV news. 19 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)