"Mockingbird Lane" will not proceed on NBC. The pilot, which aired as a one-off Halloween special, will be all that's produced of "The Munsters" remake.
Series creator Bryan Fuller tweeted the news to his followers.
Fuller wrote the script for the show that was a modern-day retelling of the Munster clan made up of vampires, werewolves and Frakenstein. Bryan Singer directed the pilot that aired on NBC in October. The show was billed as a Halloween special and had 5.5 million viewers. Jerry O'Connell, Portia de Rossi, Charity Wakefield, Mason Cook and Eddie Izzard starred in the pilot.
Fuller had been developing "The Munsters" reboot since 2010 and the pilot reportedly cost $10 million to produce. While "Mockingbird Lane" isn't going forward, Fuller fans have "Hannibal" to look forward to on NBC. Hugh Dancy, Gillian Anderson and many, many Fuller veterans star in the thriller about serial killer Hannibal Lecter. No premiere date has been announced. »
- Chris Harnick
Similar News ItemsBryan Singer
- Man Who Accused 'X-Men' Director of Sexual Abuse Seeks to Dismiss Lawsuit (From Rolling Stone. 22 August 2014, 8:04 AM, PDT)
- Are There Too Many Superhero Movies for Hollywood to Handle? (From Screen Rant. 22 August 2014, 6:13 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lawrence could potentially join Quentin Tarantino’s next film (From SoundOnSight. 21 August 2014, 7:13 PM, PDT)
- Stand Out From the Competition; Alexia Landeau Toplines Zoe Cassavetes’ “Day Out Of Days” (From ioncinema. 20 August 2014, 10:45 AM, PDT)
- Robin Williams Finished His "Anything" Work (From Dark Horizons. 19 August 2014, 7:48 PM, PDT)
- Zoe Cassavetes Ponders Plight Of The L.A. Actress In ‘Day Out Of Days’ (From Deadline New York. 19 August 2014, 5:31 PM, PDT)
- Official Hannibal Season 2 Specs Takes a Bite Out of Home Video (From Dread Central. 14 August 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Emily S. Whitten’s Grand San Diego Adventure: Hannibal Edition (From Comicmix. 12 August 2014, 7:02 AM, PDT)
- Hannibal Season 3 Interview with the Cast and Producers (From DailyDead. 8 August 2014, 7:55 AM, PDT)