2012 was a big year for film – The Avengers assembled, The Hobbit started off on his long and arduous journey, the Dark Knight abdicated his throne and Matthew McConaughey proved that he is far, far more than a walking six-pack (by taking all of his clothes off in Magic Mike and Killer Joe, among other things.) And among the best films and best performances were an awful lot of very good, and eminently quotable lines of dialogue.
It had to be so – 2011 had been ruled by a silent film, which would go on the make some of the biggest, but far from the most unexpected waves in the early part of 2012 by picking up a raft of Oscars, including the big three. So 2012 needed to prove it was good to talk.
And judging by the lines we found to put this article together, the year didn’t do half badly.
- Simon Gallagher
Similar News ItemsMatthew McConaughey
- Bob Ingersoll: The Law Is A Ass #347: The Thing Has Gone Non Corpus Mentis (From Comicmix. 27 February 2015, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Mining value from an Oscar win (From ScreenDaily. 27 February 2015, 1:32 PM, PST)
- The value of an Oscar win (From ScreenDaily. 27 February 2015, 1:32 PM, PST)
Magic Mike (2012)
- Riley Keough Cast in Starz ‘The Girlfriend Experience’ (From Monsters and Critics. 26 February 2015, 3:22 PM, PST)
- Riley Keough Cast in Starz’s ‘The Girlfriend Experience’ From Steven Soderbergh (From Variety - TV News. 26 February 2015, 2:39 PM, PST)
- Inside Oscar’s Glamorous After-Parties (From Variety - Film News. 23 February 2015, 3:00 PM, PST)
Killer Joe (2011)
- Matthew McConaughey will soon be Born To Run (From Flickeringmyth. 30 January 2015, 4:41 AM, PST)
- Matthew McConaughey will soon be Born To Run (From Flickeringmyth. 29 January 2015, 10:07 AM, PST)
- The Precedent for an Eddie Redmayne or Michael Keaton Oscar Win (From Scott Feinberg. 19 January 2015, 8:53 AM, PST)