2012 was a big year for film – The Avengers assembled, The Hobbit started off on his long and arduous journey, the Dark Knight abdicated his throne and Matthew McConaughey proved that he is far, far more than a walking six-pack (by taking all of his clothes off in Magic Mike and Killer Joe, among other things.) And among the best films and best performances were an awful lot of very good, and eminently quotable lines of dialogue.
It had to be so – 2011 had been ruled by a silent film, which would go on the make some of the biggest, but far from the most unexpected waves in the early part of 2012 by picking up a raft of Oscars, including the big three. So 2012 needed to prove it was good to talk.
And judging by the lines we found to put this article together, the year didn’t do half badly.
- Simon Gallagher
Similar News ItemsMatthew McConaughey
- Star-Lord's Dad Revealed in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'? (From MovieWeb. 24 November 2015, 10:48 AM, PST)
- "Spotlight" Director Tom McCarthy to Receive Sonny Bono Visionary Award at 27th Annual Psiff Awards Gala (From Manny the Movie Guy. 24 November 2015, 10:08 AM, PST)
- In Praise of Adele, My Fat, Flawless Heroine (From Vulture. 24 November 2015, 6:56 AM, PST)
Magic Mike (2012)
- Win Magic Mike Xxl On Blu-ray (From Obsessed with Film. 25 November 2015, 3:17 AM, PST)
- Recommended Discs & Deals of the Week: Black Friday Edition (From The Film Stage. 24 November 2015, 6:24 AM, PST)
- Sofia Vergara Marries Joe Manganiello At The Breakers (From Uinterview. 23 November 2015, 10:30 AM, PST)
Killer Joe (2011)
- Saturday Night Live, Ep. 41.06, “Matthew McConaughey/Adele” (From SoundOnSight. 22 November 2015, 2:25 PM, PST)
- Matthew McConaughey Passes On Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 (From We Got This Covered. 28 October 2015, 8:20 PM, PDT)
- Just Jim review: “A quirky coming of age dramedy” (From The Hollywood News. 24 September 2015, 5:11 AM, PDT)