Here’s the featurette showing the digital effects work of Ilm — the lead vendor who shared responsibility for creating many of the film’s key effects, on the major battle sequence in The Avengers.
For over thirty years, Industrial Light & Magic (Ilm) is a division of Lucasfilm Ltd., which was recently purchased by Disney for $4.05 billion.
The video focuses on the battle in New York at the end of the film, how this final battle scene was constructed and how difficult it was to have all the superheroes together on one screen finally. Everything we see in the battle is simulated and computer generated like New York itself is a digital panoramic or virtual New York so that the actors can perform their duties anywhere within the city.
- Nick Martin
Similar News ItemsRobert Downey Jr.
- 9 Oscars Winners Who Don't Hold Up to the Test of Time (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 February 2017, 2:05 PM, PST)
- "Spider-Man: Homecoming" Prelude (From SneakPeek. 24 February 2017, 8:09 AM, PST)
- Jordan Peele’s Monkeypaw Productions Inks First-Look TV Deal With Sonar Entertainment (From Variety - TV News. 22 February 2017, 2:00 PM, PST)
Iron Man (2008)
- Yondu to Return In Avengers: Infinity War? (From MovieWeb. 25 February 2017, 12:47 PM, PST)
- VFX breakdown reel explores the Oscar-nominated visual effects of Disney’s The Jungle Book (From Flickeringmyth. 25 February 2017, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Hugh Jackman might have stayed as Wolverine if he was allowed in the McU (From JoBlo. 24 February 2017, 6:55 AM, PST)
The Avengers (2012)
- Scarlett Johansson Discusses Her “Unique” Ghost In The Shell Character (From We Got This Covered. 25 February 2017, 9:27 AM, PST)
- The Week in Spandex – The Batman, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Logan, X-Force, Deadpool 2, Gambit, Fantastic Four 2, Phase Three Preview, Captain Marvel and more (From Flickeringmyth. 25 February 2017, 7:51 AM, PST)
- Can We Give The DC Extended Universe A Little Credit? (From LRM Online. 24 February 2017, 2:56 PM, PST)