Here’s the featurette showing the digital effects work of Ilm — the lead vendor who shared responsibility for creating many of the film’s key effects, on the major battle sequence in The Avengers.
For over thirty years, Industrial Light & Magic (Ilm) is a division of Lucasfilm Ltd., which was recently purchased by Disney for $4.05 billion.
The video focuses on the battle in New York at the end of the film, how this final battle scene was constructed and how difficult it was to have all the superheroes together on one screen finally. Everything we see in the battle is simulated and computer generated like New York itself is a digital panoramic or virtual New York so that the actors can perform their duties anywhere within the city.
- Nick Martin
Similar News ItemsRobert Downey Jr.
- Entertainers of the Year, An Alternate Take (From FilmExperience. 26 December 2014, 7:00 PM, PST)
- 'Call of Duty Online' Trailer Starring Chris Evans (From MovieWeb. 26 December 2014, 8:55 AM, PST)
- Christmas TV movie guide: Friday, December 26 - The Avengers, Monsters Inc (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 26 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
The Avengers (2012)
- 'Agent Maria Hill' Covers "Maxim" (From SneakPeek. 27 December 2014, 10:16 PM, PST)
- "Avengers: Age Of Ultron" - Official Website (From SneakPeek. 27 December 2014, 10:42 AM, PST)
- ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’ Review: Colin Firth Rocks Suits, Stunts, and ‘Splosions (From The Wrap. 27 December 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
Iron Man (2008)
- The Week in Spandex – Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Shazam, The Sinister Six and more (From Flickeringmyth. 27 December 2014, 2:59 AM, PST)
- Is Iron Man 4 closer than we think? (From Flickeringmyth. 27 December 2014, 2:44 AM, PST)
- Top 5 Stories of 2014 – Watch Fmtv’s Movie Newsgasm (From Flickeringmyth. 26 December 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)