Here’s the featurette showing the digital effects work of Ilm — the lead vendor who shared responsibility for creating many of the film’s key effects, on the major battle sequence in The Avengers.
For over thirty years, Industrial Light & Magic (Ilm) is a division of Lucasfilm Ltd., which was recently purchased by Disney for $4.05 billion.
The video focuses on the battle in New York at the end of the film, how this final battle scene was constructed and how difficult it was to have all the superheroes together on one screen finally. Everything we see in the battle is simulated and computer generated like New York itself is a digital panoramic or virtual New York so that the actors can perform their duties anywhere within the city.
- Nick Martin
Similar News ItemsThe Avengers (2012)
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For movie review: meaner streets (From FlickFilosopher. 20 August 2014, 6:01 AM, PDT)
- Female Superheroes and the Big Screen (From GeekTyrant. 19 August 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- 'Agents of Shield' Casts Adrianne Palicki as Mockingbird (From MovieWeb. 19 August 2014, 1:27 PM, PDT)
Robert Downey Jr.
- Open Road to re-release Chef (From ScreenDaily. 19 August 2014, 12:51 PM, PDT)
- 'Chef' Returning to Theaters (From Thompson on Hollywood. 19 August 2014, 11:58 AM, PDT)
- First Look at Paul Rudd in Ant-man (From Destroy the Brain. 19 August 2014, 10:11 AM, PDT)
Iron Man (2008)
- "Ant-Man" Starts Principal Photography (From SneakPeek. 20 August 2014, 5:04 AM, PDT)
- Marvel prez: Development work has been done on 'Captain Marvel,' 'Black Panther' films (From Hitfix. 19 August 2014, 6:34 PM, PDT)
- Kevin Feige on Fan Demand for Black Panther and Captain Marvel (From GeekTyrant. 19 August 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)