On December 14, 2012, a young man named Adam Lanza broke into a primary school and fatally shot 26 people in the small village of Sandy Hook, Connecticut. Twenty of them were children, aged 6 or 7. On that day, no matter where I went or what I did, I couldn’t stop thinking about the tragedy of that event, the inhumanity of it. Evidently, I wasn’t the only one.
Ann Coulter, the incendiary pundit and bellicose mouthpiece for America’s most radical right wing, said this on her Twitter account, just hours after the tragedy in Connecticut: “Only one policy has ever been shown to deter mass murder: concealed-carry laws”.
Amongst many things, what she said got me thinking about gun violence in Canada. Earlier this year in Toronto, where I live, a gunman shot and killed two men at the Eaton Centre shopping mall, injuring five innocent bystander in the process. In »
- Justin Li
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Why 'Apes' Director Matt Reeves Needs to Direct a 'Star Wars' Movie (From Movies.com. 10 July 2014)
- Has Doctor Who Showrunner Stephen Moffat Been Offered A Star Wars Movie? (From We Got This Covered. 9 July 2014, 8:37 PM, PDT)
- "Who," "Sherlock" Showrunner Doing "Star Wars"? (From Dark Horizons. 9 July 2014, 6:58 PM, PDT)
- ‘Unbroken’ Star Jack O'Connell Goes to Prison in ‘Starred Up’ Trailer (Video) (From The Wrap. 9 July 2014, 7:39 PM, PDT)
- Elle Fanning to Star in 'How to Talk to Girls at Parties' (From MovieWeb. 9 July 2014, 4:48 PM, PDT)
- Guy Ritchie Welcomes His Fifth Child (From Popsugar. 9 July 2014, 2:50 PM, PDT)
"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- ‘The Wolf Among Us’ Completes an Engaging Tale with a Mixed Conclusion (From SoundOnSight. 9 July 2014, 8:03 PM, PDT)
- The Wolf Among Us: Episode 5 – Cry Wolf Review (From We Got This Covered. 9 July 2014, 6:50 PM, PDT)
- "Guardians of the Galaxy"- The Power of 'Thanos' (From SneakPeek. 9 July 2014, 4:17 PM, PDT)