On December 14, 2012, a young man named Adam Lanza broke into a primary school and fatally shot 26 people in the small village of Sandy Hook, Connecticut. Twenty of them were children, aged 6 or 7. On that day, no matter where I went or what I did, I couldn’t stop thinking about the tragedy of that event, the inhumanity of it. Evidently, I wasn’t the only one.
Ann Coulter, the incendiary pundit and bellicose mouthpiece for America’s most radical right wing, said this on her Twitter account, just hours after the tragedy in Connecticut: “Only one policy has ever been shown to deter mass murder: concealed-carry laws”.
Amongst many things, what she said got me thinking about gun violence in Canada. Earlier this year in Toronto, where I live, a gunman shot and killed two men at the Eaton Centre shopping mall, injuring five innocent bystander in the process. In »
- Justin Li
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Alden Ehrenreich's Han Solo Will Not Appear In Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (From ComicBookMovie. 28 July 2016, 2:50 AM, PDT)
- Harrison Ford Could Have Died In ‘Star Wars’ Set Accident (From Uinterview. 27 July 2016, 6:13 PM, PDT)
- Hmwybs: "The Turning Point" (From FilmExperience. 27 July 2016, 5:24 PM, PDT)
"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- AMC TV Show Ratings (updated 7/27/16) (From TVSeriesFinale. 28 July 2016, 12:07 AM, PDT)
- Robert Kirkman Says His Plan For The Walking Dead’s Ending Has Changed (From We Got This Covered. 27 July 2016, 6:38 PM, PDT)
- The Walking Dead: The End Is Nigh, But Keeps Changing And The New EW Cover Featuring Negan! (From LatinoReview. 27 July 2016, 3:12 PM, PDT)
Angelina Jolie Pitt
- The Evolution of Mila Kunis, From ‘That ’70s Show’ to ‘Bad Moms’ (Photos) (From The Wrap. 24 July 2016, 10:22 PM, PDT)
- Announcing the 2016 Popsugar 100! (From Popsugar. 22 July 2016, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- The Ultimate Bikini Movie Gallery (From BuzzSugar. 21 July 2016, 4:30 PM, PDT)