Washington, Dec mber 28: Despite signs of intelligent life in celebrity land, there were still many examples of the sublimely ridiculous like January Jones taking dried placenta pills and Patsy Palmer rubbing coffee granules on her skin in their effort to stay young and maintain their looks.
Scientists were asked to review a selection of the dubious claims sent to throughout the year.
In 2011 Simon Cowell was responsible for the intravenous vitamin craze. This year, Cheryl Cole and Rihanna were reported to be following the trend, while Simon seems to have moved on to pocket-sized oxygen shots to inhale.
This year's. »
- Smith Cox
Similar News ItemsSimon Cowell (I)
- The X Factor Season 3 Performance Finale Recap: Dream Until Your Dreams Come True (From TVLine.com. 18 December 2013, 7:39 PM, PST)
- ‘X Factor’ Finale Recap: Alex & Sierra Secure Their Victory On Night 1 (From HollywoodLife. 18 December 2013, 7:06 PM, PST)
- The X Factor Top 3 Perform For the Season 3 Prize—Watch Their Last Performances Now! (From E! Online. 18 December 2013, 7:05 PM, PST)
Cheryl Cole (III)
- Corrie's Michelle Keegan talks 'idol' Cheryl Cole's cameo - new pictures (From Digital Spy - TV news. 17 December 2013, 1:04 PM, PST)
- Paddy McGuinness on Take Me Out's Oap Christmas special for Text Santa (From Digital Spy - TV news. 17 December 2013, 12:29 PM, PST)
- 1D singer Harry Styles wins paparazzi court order (From The Guardian - Film News. 17 December 2013, 5:38 AM, PST)
January Jones (I)
- How we made Love Actually (From The Guardian - Film News. 16 December 2013, 9:58 AM, PST)
- 'Love Actually 2' trailer reveals where Andrew Lincoln, Martin Freeman are now (From Pop2it. 11 December 2013, 6:30 PM, PST)
- Everyone Wants to See Miley Cyrus (From Popsugar. 6 December 2013, 11:35 AM, PST)