Robert Zemeckis is officially giving up on his remake of the seminal animated classic Yellow Submarine, which served as a showcase for The Beatles back in 1968. Walt Disney Pictures announced the director was moving forward on the motion-capture adventure in 2009, with Cary Elwes, Peter Serafinowicz, Adam Campbell, and Dean Lennox Kelly cast as the Fab Four. Shooting was set to being in 2011, but that never happened.
Mars Needs Moms, which debuted in March of 2011, was a substantial flop for Disney, and it was because of this that the studio pulled the plug on Yellow Submarine. Robert Zemeckis, whose last three films had all been motion capture (The Polar Express, Beowulf, and Disney's a Christmas Carol), moved onto the live action drama Flight, his first in nearly a decade, instead.
He had planned to make Yellow Submarine at a different studio after Disney dropped the ball, but now he has given up on the movie completely, »
Similar News ItemsPeter Serafinowicz
- Good Omens: Neil Gaiman, Amazon and BBC working on TV adaptation (From Den of Geek. 19 January 2017, 8:17 AM, PST)
- John Wick 2 clip: Warner Bros. debut first clip from upcoming sequel (From The Hollywood News. 19 January 2017, 12:07 AM, PST)
- Check out a load of new images from ‘John Wick: Chapter 2’ (From The Hollywood News. 17 January 2017, 12:09 AM, PST)
Walt Disney Pictures [us]
- Votd: Are These The Most Beautiful Shots In The History of Disney Animation? (From Slash Film. 18 January 2017, 5:30 AM, PST)
- Here are two new posters for ‘Beauty and the Beast’ (From The Hollywood News. 16 January 2017, 11:59 PM, PST)
- This Is Dumb-o: Will Smith May Star In Tim Burton’s Live-Action ‘Dumbo’ (From Slash Film. 11 January 2017, 12:20 PM, PST)
- ‘Power Rangers’ Trailer: Bryan Cranston Meets The Team and Tells Them It’s Morphin’ Time (From Indiewire. 19 January 2017, 7:48 AM, PST)
- ‘Allied’ Starring Brad Pitt Embarks for 4K, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital in February (From TheHDRoom. 19 January 2017, 7:06 AM, PST)
- You Probably Didn’t Notice This Shot in ‘Contact’ Was Done with Visual Effects (From Slash Film. 17 January 2017, 6:00 AM, PST)