Robert Zemeckis is officially giving up on his remake of the seminal animated classic Yellow Submarine, which served as a showcase for The Beatles back in 1968. Walt Disney Pictures announced the director was moving forward on the motion-capture adventure in 2009, with Cary Elwes, Peter Serafinowicz, Adam Campbell, and Dean Lennox Kelly cast as the Fab Four. Shooting was set to being in 2011, but that never happened.
Mars Needs Moms, which debuted in March of 2011, was a substantial flop for Disney, and it was because of this that the studio pulled the plug on Yellow Submarine. Robert Zemeckis, whose last three films had all been motion capture (The Polar Express, Beowulf, and Disney's a Christmas Carol), moved onto the live action drama Flight, his first in nearly a decade, instead.
He had planned to make Yellow Submarine at a different studio after Disney dropped the ball, but now he has given up on the movie completely, »
Similar News ItemsPeter Serafinowicz
- The best Christmas 2014 TV and radio (From Den of Geek. 11 December 2014, 3:29 AM, PST)
- Hear Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett cameo in Radio 4's Good Omens (From Den of Geek. 27 November 2014, 3:18 AM, PST)
- The Week in Spandex – Ant-Man, Black Panther, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, The Fantastic Four, X-Men: Apocalypse, Suicide Squad, Bananaman and more (From Flickeringmyth. 22 November 2014, 2:57 AM, PST)
Walt Disney Pictures [us]
- New Into The Woods Movie Received Mostly Positive Reviews From Major Critics (From OnTheFlix. 26 December 2014, 12:35 PM, PST)
- Into The Woods Two New Movie Clips Released With Cinderella & Jack And The Beanstalk (From OnTheFlix. 25 December 2014, 1:59 PM, PST)
- Film Review: Four Fairy Tales Charmingly Unite in Hollywood, Broadway Merger of ‘Into the Woods’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 24 December 2014, 2:55 PM, PST)
- Movie News: Breathtaking New Peek at Joseph Gordon-Levitt in 'The Walk' (From Movies.com. 24 December 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- News Briefs: Breathtaking New Peek at Joseph Gordon-Levitt in 'The Walk' (From Fandango. 23 December 2014, 10:45 PM, PST)
- Watch: The Opening Of Stanley Kubrick’s '2001: A Space Odyssey' With Alex North's Original, Unused Score (From The Playlist. 23 December 2014, 9:40 AM, PST)