December is Tarantino Month here at Sos, and in the week leading up our January month-long theme of westerns, I thought it would be best to whip up an article spotlighting some films that influenced Tarantino’s long awaited take on the western, Django Unchained. For my money, all of the films listed below are essential viewing for fans of Django Unchained. I’ll be diving deeper into these films come January, but in the meantime, this should hopefully whet your appetite. Enjoy!
Note: This is the second of a three part article.
Directed by Sergio Corbucci
1968, Italy / Spain
Second only to Leone, Sergio Corbucci is the best when it comes to making spaghetti westerns. The man would never take a break, directing Django, The Great Silence, Navajo Joe and The Mercenary within a span of two years. »
Similar News ItemsQuentin Tarantino
- Harvey Weinstein Reveals Only One Person Knows the Real Ending to Tarantino's 'The Hateful Eight' (From Movies.com. 26 January 2015, 2:10 PM, PST)
- Harvey Weinstein on Best Pictures, 'Snowpiercer' and Theatrical vs. VOD and His "Harvey Scissorhands" Nickname (From Rope Of Silicon. 26 January 2015, 9:14 AM, PST)
- Harvey Weinstein Says Quentin Tarantino Has Changed The Last Chapter Of 'The Hateful Eight' (From The Playlist. 26 January 2015, 6:45 AM, PST)
- Super Bowl Ads: 11 Commercials That Forced The Big Game To Change Its Spots (From Variety - TV News. 26 January 2015, 10:18 AM, PST)
- Off the Carpet: 'Birdman' asserts itself as the Oscar frontrunner (From Hitfix. 26 January 2015, 9:36 AM, PST)
- American Sniper holds top spot at weekend box office (From Cineplex. 26 January 2015, 9:26 AM, PST)
Django Unchained (2012)
- Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight: 10 Things You Need To Know (From Obsessed with Film. 26 January 2015, 5:37 AM, PST)
- Quentin Tarantino Adds Three To The Hateful Eight (From EmpireOnline. 25 January 2015, 7:48 PM, PST)
- Quentin Tarantino's western Hateful Eight announces 3 new cast members (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 24 January 2015, 10:25 AM, PST)