December is Tarantino Month here at Sos, and in the week leading up our January month-long theme of westerns, I thought it would be best to whip up an article spotlighting some films that influenced Tarantino’s long awaited take on the western, Django Unchained. For my money, all of the films listed below are essential viewing for fans of Django Unchained. I’ll be diving deeper into these films come January, but in the meantime, this should hopefully whet your appetite. Enjoy!
Note: This is the second of a three part article.
Directed by Sergio Corbucci
1968, Italy / Spain
Second only to Leone, Sergio Corbucci is the best when it comes to making spaghetti westerns. The man would never take a break, directing Django, The Great Silence, Navajo Joe and The Mercenary within a span of two years. »
Similar News ItemsQuentin Tarantino
- Isabelle Huppert, Mariachi and a History Lesson: Cannes Celebrates Its 70th Year With a Lively Night (From Indiewire. 24 May 2017, 2:55 AM, PDT)
- Troma Will Premiere Return to Nuke Em' High 2 at Cannes (From MovieWeb. 22 May 2017, 5:54 PM, PDT)
- Jared Leto Is The New Chief Creative Officer of Streaming Service Fandor (From Indiewire. 22 May 2017, 8:19 AM, PDT)
- Cannes Review: ‘The Beguiled’ is a Defiant and Sumptuous Genre Outing for Sofia Coppola (From The Film Stage. 24 May 2017, 6:17 AM, PDT)
- 'The Beguiled': Film Review | Cannes 2017 (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 24 May 2017, 5:51 AM, PDT)
- Sofia Coppola’s ‘The Beguiled’ Wows Cannes While Nicole Kidman Calls Out Lack of Female Directors (From Thompson on Hollywood. 24 May 2017, 4:36 AM, PDT)
Django Unchained (2012)
- Mark Burnett on Jamie Foxx, ‘American Idol’ and His Record Week Ahead (From Variety - TV News. 22 May 2017, 2:40 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars: Jedi Of The Republic – Mace Windu Arrives This Summer (From We Got This Covered. 18 May 2017, 10:27 AM, PDT)
- Myriad Pictures heads to Cannes with 'Django Lives!' (From ScreenDaily. 12 May 2017, 1:12 PM, PDT)