A funny thing happened on the way to the Oscars. Not to the Oscars. To me. I sustained a hairline fracture of my left hip. I didn't fall. I didn't break it. It just sort of... happened to itself. Most of the time, it causes me no pain at all. But my left leg won't bear any weight, nor can I walk on it. This pain is off the charts. It has nothing to do with cancer. It's plain bad luck.
The good news is that I've seen the films of one of the best recent years in cinema. I wrote more than 300 reviews in 2012 -- a record -- and it was unusually difficult to leave out many of the quote-unquote "best" films in 11th place.
Here are the Best Films I saw in 2012:
1. • "Argo"
This film takes first place on my best movie list because it is above »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- C'mon, Hollywood: Why exactly did Oldboy bomb? (From JoBlo. 9 December 2013, 7:13 PM, PST)
- ‘Indiana Jones’ Set To Return (From The Hollywood News. 9 December 2013, 11:05 AM, PST)
- Steven Spielberg's Longtime Editor Michael Kahn Tapped for 'Pele' (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 9 December 2013, 10:14 AM, PST)
- Race, Gender, and Sexuality at the Oscars, Part III (From Scott Feinberg. 10 December 2013, 6:05 PM, PST)
- Why the Oscars Best Supporting Actor Race Is a Hot Mess (From Variety - Film News. 10 December 2013, 6:30 AM, PST)
- Jake Gyllenhaal on ‘Prisoners’ and Why Good Cops Have Criminal Minds (From The Wrap. 9 December 2013, 4:20 PM, PST)
- The most overpaid actors of 2013 (From Flickeringmyth. 10 December 2013, 11:11 PM, PST)
- Will The ‘Bad Boys’ Ride Again? (From LatinoReview. 10 December 2013, 8:52 PM, PST)
- Bad Boys III In Talks With A New Screenwriter (From Cinema Blend. 10 December 2013, 5:46 PM, PST)