A funny thing happened on the way to the Oscars. Not to the Oscars. To me. I sustained a hairline fracture of my left hip. I didn't fall. I didn't break it. It just sort of... happened to itself. Most of the time, it causes me no pain at all. But my left leg won't bear any weight, nor can I walk on it. This pain is off the charts. It has nothing to do with cancer. It's plain bad luck.
The good news is that I've seen the films of one of the best recent years in cinema. I wrote more than 300 reviews in 2012 -- a record -- and it was unusually difficult to leave out many of the quote-unquote "best" films in 11th place.
Here are the Best Films I saw in 2012:
1. • "Argo"
This film takes first place on my best movie list because it is above »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- What’s the Bloody ‘300’ Sequel’s Beef With Anti-War Movies? (From Variety - Film News. 10 March 2014, 7:40 PM, PDT)
- Lee Hall: Spielberg, Scargill and me (From The Guardian - Film News. 10 March 2014, 5:05 PM, PDT)
- Louis Gossett Jr. Joins Extant Cast as Halle Berry's Father (From Dread Central. 10 March 2014, 5:04 PM, PDT)
- Hitchcock Would've Admired Denis Villeneuve's Creepy Puzzler 'Enemy,' Starring Jake Gyllenhaal (From Thompson on Hollywood. 10 March 2014, 11:11 AM, PDT)
- Enemy | Review (From ioncinema. 10 March 2014, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Singled Out In ‘The Double’ Poster (From The Hollywood News. 10 March 2014, 2:12 AM, PDT)
- Q&A: 'Community's' Dan Harmon Takes No Prisoners (From Rolling Stone. 10 March 2014, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- This Week on Stage: Bryan Cranston goes 'All the Way' (From EW.com - PopWatch. 8 March 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- 'Cruel Intentions,' 15 years later: A definitive power list (From EW.com - PopWatch. 5 March 2014, 2:21 PM, PST)