A funny thing happened on the way to the Oscars. Not to the Oscars. To me. I sustained a hairline fracture of my left hip. I didn't fall. I didn't break it. It just sort of... happened to itself. Most of the time, it causes me no pain at all. But my left leg won't bear any weight, nor can I walk on it. This pain is off the charts. It has nothing to do with cancer. It's plain bad luck.
The good news is that I've seen the films of one of the best recent years in cinema. I wrote more than 300 reviews in 2012 -- a record -- and it was unusually difficult to leave out many of the quote-unquote "best" films in 11th place.
Here are the Best Films I saw in 2012:
1. • "Argo"
This film takes first place on my best movie list because it is above »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Edwards Pt 2: The Pink Panther Sequels and Famous Silent Film Era Step-grandfather Director (From Alt Film Guide. 28 May 2017, 11:17 PM, PDT)
- John Williams Receives an A Cappella Tribute at Harvard — Watch (From Indiewire. 28 May 2017, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- Pirates Co-Director Joachim Rønning On Fighting For The Gig & Growing Up With His Collaborator (From LRM Online. 26 May 2017, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- Cannes Ends — 3rd of 3 (From Sydney's Buzz. 29 May 2017, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Why the Women Ruled Cannes 2017, Even When the Festival Failed Them (From Indiewire. 26 May 2017, 12:07 PM, PDT)
- Explore a Space Station & Meet its Enigmatic New Resident in the First Ten Minutes of Life (From DailyDead. 26 May 2017, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Why Swimfan Is the Most Underrated Thriller of the 2000s (From MovieWeb. 28 May 2017, 1:10 PM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan Curates BFI Series on the Influences of ‘Dunkirk’ (From The Film Stage. 25 May 2017, 5:09 AM, PDT)
- Jamie Foxx Reveals Oprah Winfrey Staged an Intervention During His Hard Partying Days Before His Oscar Win (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 May 2017, 10:34 PM, PDT)