Natalie Portman is the most bankable star in Hollywood. This according to Forbes, which has come up with a clunky algorithm to determine which actors and actresses provide the biggest bang for their bucks.
Portman finished ahead of franchise fixtures Kristen Stewart, Shia Labeouf, Robert Pattinson and Daniel Radcliffe. Per Forbes, the "Black Swan" actress earns her employers $42.70 per each dollar paid. Here's how that figure was determined:
We looked at the last three films each actor starred in over the last three years that opened in more than 2,000 theaters, calculating the return on investment for the studios who pay his (or her) salary. We didn’t count movies where the actor was in a supporting or large ensemble role and we didn’t count animated movies. The actors who score well on this list tend to have small paydays and star in highly profitable movies.
As Forbes notes, that means "Thor, »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsRobert Pattinson
- Watch: First Six Mesmerising Minutes Of ‘The Rover’ (From The Hollywood News. 20 August 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Second Opinion – The Rover (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 19 August 2014, 11:35 PM, PDT)
- Jessica Alba Admits To Being a “Prude,” Gisele Bundchen Is The World’s Highest Paid Model + More in Today’s Last Lap (From VH1.com. 19 August 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
Kristen Stewart (I)
- ‘The Good Lie’ and ‘A Most Wanted Man’ Set To Play at Deauville (From Variety - Film News. 20 August 2014, 3:58 AM, PDT)
- Nyff 2014. Main Slate (From MUBI. 19 August 2014, 5:16 PM, PDT)
- Kristen Stewart Poses with Juliette Binoche for Germany’s Interview Magazine (From AwardsDaily. 19 August 2014, 4:39 PM, PDT)
- Tiff: ‘St. Vincent’, James Franco, ‘Kaguya’ round out festival lineup (From SoundOnSight. 19 August 2014, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Bill Murray has been found: 'St. Vincent' is coming to the Toronto Film Festival (From Hitfix. 19 August 2014, 12:09 PM, PDT)
- Tiff 2014: Updated Screening Tally Brings Total to 46 Possible Movies (From Rope Of Silicon. 19 August 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)