Wanted: Somebody to go back in time with me. This is not a joke. You'll get paid after we get back. Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.
That spoof internet ad inspired a flood of responses and was even featured on the Jay Leno show.
Director Colin Trevorrow (right) and scriptwriter Derek Connolly used it as the inspiration for their first feature, Safety Not Guaranteed, which won a screenwriting award at the Sundance Film Festival and opened in cinemas on Boxing Day, December 26.
Alison Jones chatted to Colin Trevorrow about the new film, about his plans to remake Flight of the Navigator and about those recent rumours that he was in line to direct one of the new Star Wars movies.
What was the truth behind that insane whirlwind of web speculation? And what did Trevorrow think about it all? Would »
- David Bentley
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Harrison Ford Injured in Heroic Plane Crash -- Here's the Latest (From Movies.com. 6 March 2015, 5:45 PM, PST)
- First look at Star Wars: Kanan: The Last Padawan #1 (From Flickeringmyth. 6 March 2015, 11:30 AM, PST)
- 'Star Wars 7' Trailer Description Promises Original Cast? (From MovieWeb. 6 March 2015, 10:04 AM, PST)
Star Trek (2009)
- Video: NCIS Alum Cote de Pablo Leads a Tour of the Dovekeepers Set (From TVLine.com. 6 March 2015, 10:31 AM, PST)
- Are You Missing Vintage Scandal? Should Good Wife Wrap Campaign? Is Drunk Cookie Delicious? And More Qs! (From TVLine.com. 6 March 2015, 10:02 AM, PST)
- Ratings: Scandal, Elementary and Blacklist Slip; Grey's, Odd Couple and Bang Rise; American Crime Tops Hour (From TVLine.com. 6 March 2015, 8:56 AM, PST)
- Danny DeVito Makes Jimmy Fallon Get Uncomfortably Close to His Bare #TrollFoot (Video) (From The Wrap. 5 March 2015, 9:20 AM, PST)
- James Corden on Taking Over ‘The Late Late Show’ and Winning Over America (From Variety - TV News. 3 March 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Jimmy Fallon and Kelly Clarkson Duet on Sonny and Cher, Human League Hits (Video) (From The Wrap. 3 March 2015, 8:00 AM, PST)