By Roger Ebert
A funny thing happened on the way to the Oscars. Not to the Oscars. To me. I sustained a hairline fracture of my left hip. I didn't fall. I didn't break it. It just sort of...happened to itself. Most of the time, it causes me no pain at all. But my left leg won't bear any weight, nor can I walk on it. This pain is off the charts. It has nothing to do with cancer. It's plain bad luck.
The good news is that I've seen the films of one of the best recent years in cinema. I wrote more than 300 reviews in 2012--a record--and it was unusually difficult to leave out many of the quote-unquote films in 11th place.
Here are the Best Ten Films I saw in 2012:
1. • "Argo." This film takes first place on my best movie list because it is above all else a movie--pure, »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Spotlight on the Stars: Christian Bale (From Hollywoodnews.com. 17 December 2014, 4:20 PM, PST)
- ‘Saving Private Ryan’, ‘Lebowski’, ‘Willy Wonka’ added to National Film Registry (From SoundOnSight. 17 December 2014, 4:08 PM, PST)
- 'Jurassic World' Photo Has Chris Pratt with His Pet Raptor (From MovieWeb. 17 December 2014, 2:28 PM, PST)
- Hollywood Hits Twitter To Vent Anger About ‘The Interview’ Being Pulled (From Deadline New York. 17 December 2014, 6:06 PM, PST)
- Lets Take An Intermission (From Cinelinx. 17 December 2014, 2:19 PM, PST)
- Justin Chang’s Top 10 Films of 2014 (From Variety - Film News. 17 December 2014, 12:58 PM, PST)
- Dublin critics award 'Boyhood,' 'Frank,' Jake Gyllenhaal and Marion Cotillard (From Hitfix. 17 December 2014, 10:46 AM, PST)
- Austin critics love 'Boyhood,' single out 'Joe' star Gary Poulter (From Hitfix. 17 December 2014, 10:21 AM, PST)
- Austin Film Critics Love ‘Boyhood’ (From FilmSchoolRejects. 17 December 2014, 9:41 AM, PST)