By Roger Ebert
A funny thing happened on the way to the Oscars. Not to the Oscars. To me. I sustained a hairline fracture of my left hip. I didn't fall. I didn't break it. It just sort of...happened to itself. Most of the time, it causes me no pain at all. But my left leg won't bear any weight, nor can I walk on it. This pain is off the charts. It has nothing to do with cancer. It's plain bad luck.
The good news is that I've seen the films of one of the best recent years in cinema. I wrote more than 300 reviews in 2012--a record--and it was unusually difficult to leave out many of the quote-unquote films in 11th place.
Here are the Best Ten Films I saw in 2012:
1. • "Argo." This film takes first place on my best movie list because it is above all else a movie--pure, »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Movie Power Rankings: The Cannes Festival takes the top spot (From Hitfix. 22 May 2013, 4:44 PM, PDT)
- Stars Get Snap Happy at Cannes (From Popsugar. 22 May 2013, 3:51 PM, PDT)
- Sam Neill Is Under The Impression That The New 'Jurassic Park' Will Be A Reboot (From The Playlist. 22 May 2013, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- 'Cloud Atlas' Debuts at No. 1 on Blu-ray, DVD Charts (From The Hollywood Reporter. 22 May 2013, 5:48 PM, PDT)
- DVD Release: 56 Up (From Disc Dish. 22 May 2013, 3:12 PM, PDT)
- Blu-Ray Review: My Neighbor Totoro Blu-Ray Combo Pack (From ScifiMafia. 22 May 2013, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Billboard Awards Winners 2013 (List) Taylor Swift's Big Night (From National Ledger. 20 May 2013, 9:33 AM, PDT)
- Taylor Swift wins eight Billboard awards (From Monsters and Critics. 20 May 2013, 1:01 AM, PDT)
- Emily Blunt Cast in Disney's Into The Woods (From GeekTyrant. 18 May 2013, 6:00 AM, PDT)