By Roger Ebert
A funny thing happened on the way to the Oscars. Not to the Oscars. To me. I sustained a hairline fracture of my left hip. I didn't fall. I didn't break it. It just sort of...happened to itself. Most of the time, it causes me no pain at all. But my left leg won't bear any weight, nor can I walk on it. This pain is off the charts. It has nothing to do with cancer. It's plain bad luck.
The good news is that I've seen the films of one of the best recent years in cinema. I wrote more than 300 reviews in 2012--a record--and it was unusually difficult to leave out many of the quote-unquote films in 11th place.
Here are the Best Ten Films I saw in 2012:
1. • "Argo." This film takes first place on my best movie list because it is above all else a movie--pure, »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Rooney Mara Cast as Tiger Lilly in Joe Wright's 'Pan' (From Rope Of Silicon. 12 March 2014, 1:24 PM, PDT)
- EA Aims to Correct Missteps in Vidgame-to-Film Adaptations With ‘Need for Speed’ (From Variety - Film News. 12 March 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Linksy (From FilmExperience. 12 March 2014, 5:52 AM, PDT)
- Spike Lee Heading To Ebertfest For Special 25th Anniversary Screening Of ‘Do The Right Thing' (From ShadowAndAct. 11 March 2014, 2:09 PM, PDT)
- Twenty Documentaries to Watch For in 2014 (From SoundOnSight. 9 March 2014, 2:05 PM, PDT)
- Wes Anderson’s Ten Most Memorable Characters (From HeyUGuys. 7 March 2014, 4:00 AM, PST)
- Capsule Movie Reviews (Mar. 12): 'Enemy' and four more (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 12 March 2014, 12:39 PM, PDT)
- Key, Spider, 'Enemy' (From Rope Of Silicon. 12 March 2014, 12:07 PM, PDT)
- Enemy Giveaway: Win the Soundtrack and a Poster Signed by Jake Gyllenhaal (From Collider.com. 12 March 2014, 8:23 AM, PDT)