By Roger Ebert
A funny thing happened on the way to the Oscars. Not to the Oscars. To me. I sustained a hairline fracture of my left hip. I didn't fall. I didn't break it. It just sort of...happened to itself. Most of the time, it causes me no pain at all. But my left leg won't bear any weight, nor can I walk on it. This pain is off the charts. It has nothing to do with cancer. It's plain bad luck.
The good news is that I've seen the films of one of the best recent years in cinema. I wrote more than 300 reviews in 2012--a record--and it was unusually difficult to leave out many of the quote-unquote films in 11th place.
Here are the Best Ten Films I saw in 2012:
1. • "Argo." This film takes first place on my best movie list because it is above all else a movie--pure, »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Page 2: Goonies, Alien, Big Trouble in Little China, Firefly, Star Wars, Benedict Cumberbatch, Transformers (From Slash Film. 28 January 2015, 3:00 PM, PST)
- Sundance: Kevin Bacon’s ‘Cop Car’ Arrested by Focus World (From The Wrap. 28 January 2015, 1:53 PM, PST)
- Penn Is Latest Hollywood Celeb to Take Home French Academy's Honor (From Alt Film Guide. 28 January 2015, 1:46 PM, PST)
- Flashback: Richard Linklater's Experimental Approach in 1995's 'Before Sunrise' Was Sundance's Real Breakout Hit (From Entertainment Tonight. 27 January 2015, 9:10 AM, PST)
- Jordan's Top Ten Movies of 2014 (From Rope Of Silicon. 27 January 2015, 7:45 AM, PST)
- Nominated for Nothing: 'Life Itself' (From EW.com - PopWatch. 27 January 2015, 6:45 AM, PST)
- Rita Ora To Perform Oscar-Nominated Song “Grateful” at 2015 Oscars (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 28 January 2015, 2:40 PM, PST)
- 6 Male Stars Who Lost a Shocking Amount of Weight (From Entertainment Tonight. 28 January 2015, 2:30 PM, PST)
- Rita Ora will perform the Oscar®-nominated song “Grateful” at the 87th Oscars (From Hollywoodnews.com. 28 January 2015, 1:37 PM, PST)