By Roger Ebert
A funny thing happened on the way to the Oscars. Not to the Oscars. To me. I sustained a hairline fracture of my left hip. I didn't fall. I didn't break it. It just sort of...happened to itself. Most of the time, it causes me no pain at all. But my left leg won't bear any weight, nor can I walk on it. This pain is off the charts. It has nothing to do with cancer. It's plain bad luck.
The good news is that I've seen the films of one of the best recent years in cinema. I wrote more than 300 reviews in 2012--a record--and it was unusually difficult to leave out many of the quote-unquote films in 11th place.
Here are the Best Ten Films I saw in 2012:
1. • "Argo." This film takes first place on my best movie list because it is above all else a movie--pure, »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- 40 Great Horror Films for the Halloween Season Part 4: 10-1 (From SoundOnSight. 24 October 2014, 8:16 PM, PDT)
- Movie Review – Fury (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 24 October 2014, 10:52 AM, PDT)
- 2-Acre Brush Fire Breaks Out in L.A's Brentwood Neighborhood (From The Hollywood Reporter. 23 October 2014, 11:25 PM, PDT)
- Harvey Weinstein: Netflix Is Winning Because it Has Vision (From Variety - Film News. 25 October 2014, 2:21 PM, PDT)
- Gotham Nominees: Boyhood vs. Birdman vs. Budapest (From FilmExperience. 23 October 2014, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- Interview: Oliver Stone on the Red Carpet at the 50th Chicago International Film Festival (From HollywoodChicago.com. 22 October 2014, 9:16 AM, PDT)
- Jake Gyllenhaal on Producing, 'Nightcrawler' Cuts and How "Acting Is Incredibly Selfish" (From The Hollywood Reporter. 25 October 2014, 2:09 PM, PDT)
- "Nightcrawler" Red Band Trailer (From SneakPeek. 25 October 2014, 12:43 PM, PDT)
- Watch The Red Band Nightcrawler Trailer (From Twitch. 25 October 2014, 10:30 AM, PDT)