By Roger Ebert
A funny thing happened on the way to the Oscars. Not to the Oscars. To me. I sustained a hairline fracture of my left hip. I didn't fall. I didn't break it. It just sort of...happened to itself. Most of the time, it causes me no pain at all. But my left leg won't bear any weight, nor can I walk on it. This pain is off the charts. It has nothing to do with cancer. It's plain bad luck.
The good news is that I've seen the films of one of the best recent years in cinema. I wrote more than 300 reviews in 2012--a record--and it was unusually difficult to leave out many of the quote-unquote films in 11th place.
Here are the Best Ten Films I saw in 2012:
1. • "Argo." This film takes first place on my best movie list because it is above all else a movie--pure, »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Screen Talk: How 'Room' Could Contend for Best Picture (From Thompson on Hollywood. 12 February 2016, 1:45 PM, PST)
- Bridge of Spies book author sues over rights to title of Steven Spielberg film (From The Guardian - Film News. 12 February 2016, 12:27 PM, PST)
- 'Transformers' Bumblebee Spinoff Movie Is Coming in 2018 (From MovieWeb. 12 February 2016, 11:03 AM, PST)
- 'Lethal Weapon' TV Show Gets Damon Wayans Sr. as Roger Murtaugh (From MovieWeb. 12 February 2016, 12:42 PM, PST)
- Lethal Weapon Pilot Ordered at Fox, Damon Wayans Sr. to Star (From TVLine.com. 12 February 2016, 10:30 AM, PST)
- BFI Review – The Lady Eve (1941) (From Flickeringmyth. 10 February 2016, 12:50 AM, PST)
- BAFTA’s British Categories Highlight Next Gen of Talent (From Variety - Film News. 11 February 2016, 10:00 AM, PST)
- 'Hardcore Henry' Trailer Puts You in the Middle of the Action (From MovieWeb. 11 February 2016, 7:08 AM, PST)
- Birthday Girl Jennifer Aniston's Got More Famous Friends Than We Can Count (From Popsugar. 10 February 2016, 2:30 PM, PST)