By Roger Ebert
A funny thing happened on the way to the Oscars. Not to the Oscars. To me. I sustained a hairline fracture of my left hip. I didn't fall. I didn't break it. It just sort of...happened to itself. Most of the time, it causes me no pain at all. But my left leg won't bear any weight, nor can I walk on it. This pain is off the charts. It has nothing to do with cancer. It's plain bad luck.
The good news is that I've seen the films of one of the best recent years in cinema. I wrote more than 300 reviews in 2012--a record--and it was unusually difficult to leave out many of the quote-unquote films in 11th place.
Here are the Best Ten Films I saw in 2012:
1. • "Argo." This film takes first place on my best movie list because it is above all else a movie--pure, »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Have Secret Cinema just revealed their next two big productions? (From The Hollywood News. 28 July 2016, 12:17 AM, PDT)
- Joe Cornish's "Snow Crash" Filming In 2017? (From Dark Horizons. 27 July 2016, 8:10 PM, PDT)
- Hmwybs: "The Turning Point" (From FilmExperience. 27 July 2016, 5:24 PM, PDT)
- Films of 1986; Aliens Hits The 30 Year Mark (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 July 2016, 8:43 AM, PDT)
- PaleyFest Fall TV Previews Lineup Includes ‘Pitch,’ Kiefer Sutherland’s ‘Designated Survivor’ (From Variety - TV News. 25 July 2016, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- 12 expensive and eccentric modern Hollywood movies (From Den of Geek. 25 July 2016, 8:02 AM, PDT)
- Venice Fest Lineup: New Pics By Mel Gibson, Tom Ford, Terrence Malik, Pablo Larrain (From Variety - Film News. 28 July 2016, 2:30 AM, PDT)
- Eddie Redmayne signs on for The Last Days of Night (From Flickeringmyth. 28 July 2016, 12:20 AM, PDT)
- Playwright David Auburn in Talks for ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Reboot (From Variety - Film News. 27 July 2016, 11:30 AM, PDT)