By Roger Ebert
A funny thing happened on the way to the Oscars. Not to the Oscars. To me. I sustained a hairline fracture of my left hip. I didn't fall. I didn't break it. It just sort of...happened to itself. Most of the time, it causes me no pain at all. But my left leg won't bear any weight, nor can I walk on it. This pain is off the charts. It has nothing to do with cancer. It's plain bad luck.
The good news is that I've seen the films of one of the best recent years in cinema. I wrote more than 300 reviews in 2012--a record--and it was unusually difficult to leave out many of the quote-unquote films in 11th place.
Here are the Best Ten Films I saw in 2012:
1. • "Argo." This film takes first place on my best movie list because it is above all else a movie--pure, »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Steven Spielberg Reveals the Original 1965 Casting Choices For 'Bridge of Spies' (From Movies.com. 7 October 2015, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Martian’s’ Naomi Scott to Star in ‘Power Rangers’ as Pink Ranger (From The Wrap. 7 October 2015, 1:29 PM, PDT)
- Meet China's La Peikang, the movie world's most powerful man (From The Guardian - Film News. 7 October 2015, 9:38 AM, PDT)
- Interview: Kevin Pollack on His Portrayal of Roger Ebert in ‘The Black/White Love Play’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 7 October 2015, 10:03 AM, PDT)
- 32 years ago today: Sean Connery returned to play Bond in ‘Never Say Never Again’ (From Hitfix. 7 October 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Studio Ghibli: its final films, the future of 2D animation (From Den of Geek. 5 October 2015, 5:58 AM, PDT)
- Carey Mulligan and Marcus Mumford have apparently had their baby (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 7 October 2015, 8:44 AM, PDT)
- Movie News: Ellen Page Touted for 'Flatliners' Remake; Watch Kurt Russell in First 'Bone Tomahawk' Trailer (From Movies.com. 6 October 2015, 12:02 PM, PDT)
- Jake Gyllenhaal and Paul Dano linked to Bong Joon-ho’s Okja (From Flickeringmyth. 6 October 2015, 12:00 PM, PDT)