By Roger Ebert
A funny thing happened on the way to the Oscars. Not to the Oscars. To me. I sustained a hairline fracture of my left hip. I didn't fall. I didn't break it. It just sort of...happened to itself. Most of the time, it causes me no pain at all. But my left leg won't bear any weight, nor can I walk on it. This pain is off the charts. It has nothing to do with cancer. It's plain bad luck.
The good news is that I've seen the films of one of the best recent years in cinema. I wrote more than 300 reviews in 2012--a record--and it was unusually difficult to leave out many of the quote-unquote films in 11th place.
Here are the Best Ten Films I saw in 2012:
1. • "Argo." This film takes first place on my best movie list because it is above all else a movie--pure, »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Could ‘Concussion’ Be This Year’s ‘Blind Spot’? (From Scott Feinberg. 1 December 2015, 6:11 AM, PST)
- George Lucas Gives Definitive Answer to Why Han Didn't Shoot First (From MovieWeb. 30 November 2015, 4:46 PM, PST)
- George Lucas Hasn't Seen "Force Awakens" (From Dark Horizons. 30 November 2015, 1:52 PM, PST)
- ‘Creed,’ ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ and the Rise of the Nostalgia Sequel (From Variety - Film News. 29 November 2015, 2:15 PM, PST)
- Remember When Siskel & Ebert Reviewed Jaws: The Revenge? (From shocktillyoudrop. 27 November 2015, 9:09 AM, PST)
- 10 Movies Which Were Completely Changed After Test Screenings (From Obsessed with Film. 27 November 2015, 5:22 AM, PST)
- Adam Sandler's 2015 Holiday Gift: The Chanukah Song Updated With New Names (From BuzzSugar. 30 November 2015, 10:30 AM, PST)
- What a Link. What a Lovely Link (From FilmExperience. 28 November 2015, 5:03 PM, PST)
- A first crack at SAG predictions (From Hollywoodnews.com. 27 November 2015, 1:28 PM, PST)