By Roger Ebert
A funny thing happened on the way to the Oscars. Not to the Oscars. To me. I sustained a hairline fracture of my left hip. I didn't fall. I didn't break it. It just sort of...happened to itself. Most of the time, it causes me no pain at all. But my left leg won't bear any weight, nor can I walk on it. This pain is off the charts. It has nothing to do with cancer. It's plain bad luck.
The good news is that I've seen the films of one of the best recent years in cinema. I wrote more than 300 reviews in 2012--a record--and it was unusually difficult to leave out many of the quote-unquote films in 11th place.
Here are the Best Ten Films I saw in 2012:
1. • "Argo." This film takes first place on my best movie list because it is above all else a movie--pure, »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- "The Adventures Of Tintin: Prisoners Of The Sun" (From SneakPeek. 11 December 2013, 7:18 PM, PST)
- Producer Frank Marshall hints at Indiana Jones 5 (From Flickeringmyth. 11 December 2013, 3:18 PM, PST)
- American Cinematheque Honoree Jerry Bruckheimer on His Hits and Misses (From Variety - Film News. 11 December 2013, 2:33 PM, PST)
- Steve James Promises Surprises in Roger Ebert Documentary 'Life Itself,' Set to Premiere (and Livestream) at Sundance 2014 (Exclusive) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 11 December 2013, 10:48 AM, PST)
- Race, Gender, and Sexuality at the Oscars, Part III (From Scott Feinberg. 10 December 2013, 6:05 PM, PST)
- Sundance Short Films: Movies From Danny Pudi, Rose McGowan Highlight Lineup (From The Wrap. 10 December 2013, 1:22 PM, PST)
- films to stream: UK week of Dec 09 (From FlickFilosopher. 11 December 2013, 4:48 PM, PST)
- Tom Cruise Falls Into A Deadly Time Loop In Edge Of Tomorrow Trailer (From Cinema Blend. 11 December 2013, 11:49 AM, PST)
- The top 30 underrated films of 2002 (From Den of Geek. 11 December 2013, 9:31 AM, PST)