By Roger Ebert
A funny thing happened on the way to the Oscars. Not to the Oscars. To me. I sustained a hairline fracture of my left hip. I didn't fall. I didn't break it. It just sort of...happened to itself. Most of the time, it causes me no pain at all. But my left leg won't bear any weight, nor can I walk on it. This pain is off the charts. It has nothing to do with cancer. It's plain bad luck.
The good news is that I've seen the films of one of the best recent years in cinema. I wrote more than 300 reviews in 2012--a record--and it was unusually difficult to leave out many of the quote-unquote films in 11th place.
Here are the Best Ten Films I saw in 2012:
1. • "Argo." This film takes first place on my best movie list because it is above all else a movie--pure, »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Golden Globe Winner Barrymore's Half-Sister Found Dead Near San Diego (From Alt Film Guide. 31 July 2014, 11:17 AM, PDT)
- Podcast Bonus: 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' (2008) Audio Commentary (From Rope Of Silicon. 31 July 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Charlotte Le Bon Talks The Hundred Foot Journey, Robert Zemeckis’ The Walk, How She Got Into Acting, and More (From Collider.com. 30 July 2014, 3:08 PM, PDT)
- Gotham honour for Ted Sarandos (From ScreenDaily. 30 July 2014, 11:09 AM, PDT)
- 88 Films announce “Slasher Classics” collection! (From Blogomatic3000. 30 July 2014, 5:01 AM, PDT)
- ‘Sin City: A Dame to Kill For’ Red-Band Trailer (From Screen Rant. 28 July 2014, 12:51 PM, PDT)
- Jon Stewart's passion project 'Rosewater' gets a November release date (From Hitfix. 31 July 2014, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- ‘Whiplash’ Producer David Lancaster Launches Company (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 30 July 2014, 3:52 PM, PDT)
- Sophie Turner Finds 'Another Me' in Doppelganger Thriller Trailer (From FirstShowing.net. 29 July 2014, 10:55 AM, PDT)