By Roger Ebert
A funny thing happened on the way to the Oscars. Not to the Oscars. To me. I sustained a hairline fracture of my left hip. I didn't fall. I didn't break it. It just sort of...happened to itself. Most of the time, it causes me no pain at all. But my left leg won't bear any weight, nor can I walk on it. This pain is off the charts. It has nothing to do with cancer. It's plain bad luck.
The good news is that I've seen the films of one of the best recent years in cinema. I wrote more than 300 reviews in 2012--a record--and it was unusually difficult to leave out many of the quote-unquote films in 11th place.
Here are the Best Ten Films I saw in 2012:
1. • "Argo." This film takes first place on my best movie list because it is above all else a movie--pure, »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Yes I can hear you, Don Draper: Jon Hamm is guest starring in Matt Berry's Toast of London (From Digital Spy - TV news. 1 September 2015, 12:44 AM, PDT)
- CBS Announces the End of Under The Dome (From DailyDead. 31 August 2015, 7:38 PM, PDT)
- 'Under the Dome' Gets Canceled (From MovieWeb. 31 August 2015, 5:12 PM, PDT)
- Horror movie director Wes Craven dies at 76 (From Cineplex. 31 August 2015, 10:13 AM, PDT)
- R.I.P., Wes Craven (From Hitfix. 30 August 2015, 6:37 PM, PDT)
- The Conversation: Drew Morton and Landon Palmer Discuss ‘Cléo from 5 to 7’ (From SoundOnSight. 30 August 2015, 9:36 AM, PDT)
- Late Show With Stephen Colbert Week 2 Guests Include Emily Blunt, Jake Gyllenhaal & Broad City Stars (From TVovermind.com. 1 September 2015, 8:03 AM, PDT)
- 'Late Show' Second Week: Willie Nelson,'Broad City,' Bernie Sanders (From Rolling Stone. 1 September 2015, 6:14 AM, PDT)
- Five new clips from Everest (From Flickeringmyth. 1 September 2015, 5:30 AM, PDT)