By Roger Ebert
A funny thing happened on the way to the Oscars. Not to the Oscars. To me. I sustained a hairline fracture of my left hip. I didn't fall. I didn't break it. It just sort of...happened to itself. Most of the time, it causes me no pain at all. But my left leg won't bear any weight, nor can I walk on it. This pain is off the charts. It has nothing to do with cancer. It's plain bad luck.
The good news is that I've seen the films of one of the best recent years in cinema. I wrote more than 300 reviews in 2012--a record--and it was unusually difficult to leave out many of the quote-unquote films in 11th place.
Here are the Best Ten Films I saw in 2012:
1. • "Argo." This film takes first place on my best movie list because it is above all else a movie--pure, »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- 'Poltergeist' (2015) Movie Review (From Rope Of Silicon. 22 May 2015, 9:40 AM, PDT)
- Poltergeist Actor Oliver Robins Says Costars' Eerie Deaths Were "Just Tragic Coincidences," No Curse (From Us Weekly. 22 May 2015, 8:31 AM, PDT)
- Kathleen Kennedy's Great Story About How J.J. Abrams And Matt Reeves Met Steven Spielberg As Teenagers (From The Playlist. 22 May 2015, 7:25 AM, PDT)
- Alejandro G. Inarritu, Marielle Heller Tapped for Sundance Honor (From Variety - Film News. 21 May 2015, 11:14 AM, PDT)
- New Projects: Help fund ‘Helen Keller vs. Nightwolves’ (From SoundOnSight. 21 May 2015, 9:07 AM, PDT)
- The Oral History of the Human Centipede Movies (It’s Pretty Gross) (From Vulture. 21 May 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin & Benicio Del Toro Team Up In First Clip For Denis Villeneueve’s 'Sicario' (From The Playlist. 22 May 2015, 11:11 AM, PDT)
- Cannes Oscar Buzz: ‘Carol,’ Pixar’s ‘Inside Out,’ Amy Winehouse Doc Lead the Race (From Variety - Film News. 22 May 2015, 9:38 AM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Sells Yacht Dinner for $280,000 at Cannes amfAR Gala (From Variety - Film News. 22 May 2015, 6:27 AM, PDT)