William Friedkin earned a Best Director Oscar for his riveting 1971 film The French Connection and earned another nomination for changing the face of horror with The Exorcist. Now, with his latest controversial film Killer Joe out on Blu-ray, the legendary director revisits some of his greatest films for ETonline and reveals the secrets behind them; discusses his thoughts on Hollywood's remake fever; and gets candid about what frightens the man who helmed one of the scariest films ever made.
Related: The Uncomfortable Sexuality of 'Killer Joe'
On the Possibility of an 'Exorcist' Sequel/Prequel, and the Real-Life Case that Inspired the Film:
"[I've been asked often], and I won't. … I've said everything that could be said about demonic possession and exorcism. I have not even seen any of the sequels, not even [William Peter] Blatty's [Exorcist III]. I would not do a prequel or a sequel, absolutely not, under no circumstances and for no amount of money. But if I could »
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- How Netflix, Amazon and Hulu are transforming the TV business (From ScreenDaily. 30 March 2017, 3:14 AM, PDT)
- Jeremy Renner Is Not Returning in Mission: Impossible 6 (From MovieWeb. 29 March 2017, 5:11 PM, PDT)
- CinemaCon 2017: New Cloverfield Universe Film Confirmed to Be Coming This October (From Dread Central. 29 March 2017, 1:09 PM, PDT)
- CinemaCon Buzzmeter: What’s Hot and Cold in Las Vegas (From Variety - Film News. 29 March 2017, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Stephen King Sued for Ripping Off 'The Dark Tower' Character from a Comic Book (From TMZ. 28 March 2017, 6:31 PM, PDT)
- ‘True Detective’ Season 3: Despite Changes, the HBO Drama Still Has an Auteur TV Problem (From Indiewire. 28 March 2017, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- Sherry Lansing on Being "Painfully Insecure," Defending Cruise and Gibson and Post-Studio Life: "I Don't Miss Anything" (Q&A) (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 29 March 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- The Boys In The Band – QFest St. Louis Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 March 2017, 5:39 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Listen to Tyler Bates’ “Molotov Cocktails” from The Belko Experiment Soundtrack (From DailyDead. 16 March 2017, 11:26 AM, PDT)