Canadian critics chose the winners of the 16th annual Toronto Film Critics Association Awards and Paul Thomas Anderson's "The Master" took the top prize. The film also won Best Director, Screenplay, and Best Supporting Actor for Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Here's the complete list of winners; for winners/nominees of other award-giving bodies, click here:
Best Film: "The Master"
Allan King Documentary Award: "Stories We Tell"
Best Animated Film: "ParaNorman"
Best Foreign Language Film: "Amour"
Rogers Best Canadian Film Award Finalists: "Bestiaire," "Goon," and "Stories We Tell" »
Similar News ItemsPhilip Seymour Hoffman
- Interview: Co-Directors Josh Gordon & Will Speck Invite All to ‘Office Christmas Party’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 7 December 2016, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Where has peril and unpredictability gone in modern movies? (From Den of Geek. 23 November 2016, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Great Job, Internet!: A dialect coach analyzes 32 of the best and worst movie accents (From The AV Club. 21 November 2016, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Alessandro Nivola In Talks To Join Rachel Weisz & Rachel McAdams In ‘Disobedience’ (From Deadline. 7 December 2016, 11:49 AM, PST)
- The Trailer For Tom Cruise's Reboot of The Mummy Looks Legitimately Terrifying (From BuzzSugar. 4 December 2016, 6:50 PM, PST)
- How Metacritic Can Sink a Contender’s Oscar Chances, and How Critics’ Groups Fight Back (From Thompson on Hollywood. 29 November 2016, 8:19 AM, PST)
Paul Thomas Anderson (I)
- The Best Movie Posters of 2016 (From MUBI. 9 December 2016, 4:54 PM, PST)
- Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling Are in Perfect Harmony in the Enchanting Musical La La Land (From PEOPLE.com. 8 December 2016, 2:27 PM, PST)
- Megan Ellison to Receive PGA Visionary Award (From The Wrap. 6 December 2016, 10:05 AM, PST)