During Sunday’s Meet the Press, David Gregory held up what he described as a 30-round magazine of ammunition as part of an interview with the NRA’s Wayne Lapierre. The Washington Metropolitan Police Department is investigating whether Gregory and NBC violated D.C. gun laws during the segment.
Possessing a large capacity ammunition device is illegal in D.C., if the device holds more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The police had told NBC they could not use the magazine and the matter is under investigation, according to CNN.
Video of Sunday’s show is below; Gregory holds up the »
- Annie Barrett
Similar News ItemsPiers Morgan
- Outrage Watch: Which HitFix staffer has been owning Piers Morgan on Twitter? (From Hitfix. 23 July 2015, 4:22 PM, PDT)
- Piers Morgan Defends Article Bashing Nicki Minaj: I’m ‘Not Remotely Sexist, Nor Racist’ (From The Wrap. 22 July 2015, 5:27 PM, PDT)
- Piers Morgan proves Nicki Minaj's point for her with a racist rant (From Hitfix. 22 July 2015, 12:17 PM, PDT)
"Meet the Press" (1947)
- NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Brings Back ‘Racist’ Pat Buchanan, Twitter Goes Nuts (From The Wrap. 26 July 2015, 1:27 PM, PDT)
- Theater Shooting And Gun Laws: Bernie Sanders Vs. Rick Perry (From Deadline TV. 26 July 2015, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- MSNBC Decides: Touré Is Out, Rev. Al Stays (For Now) (From Indiewire Television. 24 July 2015, 5:20 AM, PDT)
David Gregory (VII)
- Alex Wallace, One of NBC’s Most Senior News Executives, Departs (From Variety - TV News. 24 July 2015, 1:21 PM, PDT)
- Chuck Todd Expected to Host New Show on MSNBC (From Variety - TV News. 23 July 2015, 6:29 AM, PDT)
- Blu-Ray Review: 1990: The Bronx Warriors (From Destroy the Brain. 4 July 2015, 10:44 AM, PDT)