Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds, has died at the age of 83. The film and television producer, whose credits also included the puppet shows Captain Scarlet and Joe 90 had suffered for several years with mixed dementia and died in his sleep, his son announced on Wednesday.
The news was announced on his son Jamie Anderson's website. He wrote: "I'm very sad to announce the death of my father, Thunderbirds creator, Gerry Anderson. He died peacefully in his sleep at midday today (26th December 2012), having suffered with mixed dementia for the past few years. He was 83."
He requested that any fans wishing to make donations in honour of his father should contribute to the Alzheimer's Society.
His website also included a tribute written by his fan club, »
- Alexandra Topping
Similar News ItemsJonathan Ross (I)
- Top of the Pops: Why it should return to TV (From Digital Spy - TV news. 22 April 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- The Interviews: Gold to air comedian biography show with a difference (From Digital Spy - TV news. 1 April 2015, 2:35 AM, PDT)
- Jonathan Ross: Awards ceremonies are a 'bad idea' (From Virgin Media - TV. 31 March 2015, 9:15 AM, PDT)
United Artists [us]
- Those Glorious Old Movie Photos: Pasadena Theatre, 1967 (From CinemaRetro. 26 April 2015, 6:22 PM, PDT)
- Drive-In Dust Offs: The Beast Within (From DailyDead. 25 April 2015, 11:48 AM, PDT)
- Remembering Film Critic Richard Corliss (1944-2015) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 24 April 2015, 11:35 AM, PDT)
Jamie Anderson (XII)
- The Celebrity Apprentice: Season Seven Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 3 February 2015, 12:40 PM, PST)
- ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Ep Mark Burnett: Joan Rivers ‘Busted Her Ass for Other People’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 16 January 2015, 1:01 PM, PST)
- Fired ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Jamie Anderson: Kenya Moore, Brandi Glanville Live for the ‘Bullsh-t’ (From The Wrap. 13 January 2015, 12:14 PM, PST)