Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds, has died at the age of 83. The film and television producer, whose credits also included the puppet shows Captain Scarlet and Joe 90 had suffered for several years with mixed dementia and died in his sleep, his son announced on Wednesday.
The news was announced on his son Jamie Anderson's website. He wrote: "I'm very sad to announce the death of my father, Thunderbirds creator, Gerry Anderson. He died peacefully in his sleep at midday today (26th December 2012), having suffered with mixed dementia for the past few years. He was 83."
He requested that any fans wishing to make donations in honour of his father should contribute to the Alzheimer's Society.
His website also included a tribute written by his fan club, »
- Alexandra Topping
Similar News ItemsJonathan Ross (I)
- Olympic Star Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black Take a Romantic Stroll in Houston—Check It Out! (From E! Online. 12 December 2013, 10:08 AM, PST)
- What To Watch: Tonight's TV Picks - British Comedy Awards, Dynamo (From Digital Spy - TV news. 12 December 2013, 2:00 AM, PST)
- TV highlights 12/12/13 (From The Guardian - TV News. 11 December 2013, 11:00 PM, PST)
United Artists [us]
- Posters for Fake Seinfeld Movie Mysteriously Appear in New York (From PasteMagazine. 8 December 2013, 10:50 AM, PST)
- Heaven's Gate (From The Guardian - Film News. 7 December 2013, 4:08 PM, PST)
- Im Global Names Chris Bosco Chief Operating Officer (From The Wrap. 5 December 2013, 1:41 PM, PST)
Gerry Anderson (I)
- Leeds International Film Festival 2013 - Ikarie Xb-1 (1963) (From Flickeringmyth. 19 November 2013, 11:37 PM, PST)
- Doctor Who and the secret of the cereal packet Tardis (From The Guardian - TV News. 9 November 2013, 4:15 PM, PST)
- “The Middleman” Exclusive Interview with Javier Grillo-Marxauch (From Comicmix. 7 November 2013, 12:23 PM, PST)