Sources tell the New York Post that Demi had been hoping to quietly negotiate a financial settlement with Kutcher and then file the papers once an agreement had been reached. Kutcher couldn't wait that long, it seems. Moore announced she was ending her six-year marriage to the 34-year-old actor in November 2011, and there had been many rumors as to why neither had officially filed papers until now.
According to the Post's source, the negotiations got too bogged down and Kutcher -- who is the highest paid TV actor, pulling in $24 million last year for his role on "Two And A Half Men" -- couldn't wait any longer.
"Demi was asking for so much money, and [the negotiation] was dragging on so long, that Kutcher got fed up and filed papers, »
- Stephanie Marcus
Similar News ItemsAshton Kutcher
- Will Charlie Sheen Return for the 'Two and a Half Men' Finale? (From Entertainment Tonight. 17 December 2014, 6:00 PM, PST)
- The 16 Weirdest Celebrity Baby Names of 2014 (From Entertainment Tonight. 17 December 2014, 5:33 PM, PST)
- Interview: Jason Hall (From AwardsDaily. 17 December 2014, 3:31 AM, PST)
- 10 Times Brad Pitt Made Your Bottom Lip Quiver (From Obsessed with Film. 19 December 2014, 12:49 AM, PST)
- Letters: Iain M Banks, Star Trek, Shield and TV shows (From Den of Geek. 18 December 2014, 7:26 AM, PST)
- Ciril compares Akshay Kumar to Bruce Willis (From Bollyspice. 17 December 2014, 7:00 PM, PST)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- Find Out Why Charlie Sheen Is Reprising His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Character (From Movies.com. 18 December 2014, 2:35 PM, PST)
- "Jurassic World": Raptors In Your Face (From SneakPeek. 18 December 2014, 8:25 AM, PST)
- Ashton Kutcher -- Real Deal Jiu-Jitsu Ass Kicker ... Says Legendary Trainer (From TMZ. 18 December 2014, 3:00 AM, PST)