Sources tell the New York Post that Demi had been hoping to quietly negotiate a financial settlement with Kutcher and then file the papers once an agreement had been reached. Kutcher couldn't wait that long, it seems. Moore announced she was ending her six-year marriage to the 34-year-old actor in November 2011, and there had been many rumors as to why neither had officially filed papers until now.
According to the Post's source, the negotiations got too bogged down and Kutcher -- who is the highest paid TV actor, pulling in $24 million last year for his role on "Two And A Half Men" -- couldn't wait any longer.
"Demi was asking for so much money, and [the negotiation] was dragging on so long, that Kutcher got fed up and filed papers, »
- Stephanie Marcus
Similar News ItemsAshton Kutcher
- Readers Feel the Love for Newly Engaged Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis (From PEOPLE.com. 8 March 2014, 7:20 AM, PST)
- Cute Pairs Star in This Week's Can't-Miss Shots! (From Popsugar. 8 March 2014, 5:44 AM, PST)
- Wilmer Valderrama: That '70s Show Castmates Are 'So Proud of Me' (From PEOPLE.com. 7 March 2014, 3:30 PM, PST)
- Neo-Noir Lives on in New Official Trailer for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (From Horror Asylum. 8 March 2014)
- Sin City: A Dame To Kill Trailer (From QuietEarth. 7 March 2014, 2:26 PM, PST)
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Trailer Offers Sex, Guns, Villains (From Rolling Stone. 7 March 2014, 12:30 PM, PST)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 3/8/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 8 March 2014, 1:20 PM, PST)
- 10 Stories You Might Have Missed: 'Fifty Shades' producer not yet in sequel mode (From Hitfix. 7 March 2014, 10:41 PM, PST)
- Ashton Kutcher Looks Hot and Hunky While Out Walking His Dog—See the Pic! (From E! Online. 7 March 2014, 4:53 PM, PST)