Sources tell the New York Post that Demi had been hoping to quietly negotiate a financial settlement with Kutcher and then file the papers once an agreement had been reached. Kutcher couldn't wait that long, it seems. Moore announced she was ending her six-year marriage to the 34-year-old actor in November 2011, and there had been many rumors as to why neither had officially filed papers until now.
According to the Post's source, the negotiations got too bogged down and Kutcher -- who is the highest paid TV actor, pulling in $24 million last year for his role on "Two And A Half Men" -- couldn't wait any longer.
"Demi was asking for so much money, and [the negotiation] was dragging on so long, that Kutcher got fed up and filed papers, »
- Stephanie Marcus
Similar News ItemsAshton Kutcher
- Who is January Jones Son Xander's Father - Baby Daddy a Secret? (From National Ledger. 23 May 2013, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- 'Twilight' dominates Teen Choice Awards nominations (From EW.com - PopWatch. 23 May 2013, 6:52 AM, PDT)
- Last Lap: Watch the Premiere of VH1′s Hit the Floor! (From TheFabLife - Movies. 22 May 2013, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (Video) (From Moviefone. 23 May 2013, 11:09 AM, PDT)
- Summer Movie Preview Guide: July (From Cinelinx. 23 May 2013, 9:36 AM, PDT)
- Jackie Chan Talks The Expendables 3 And Reveals Which Superhero He Would Most Like To Play (From ComicBookMovie. 23 May 2013, 8:26 AM, PDT)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- Wednesday TV Show Ratings: MasterChef, Chicago Fire, Nashville, Modern Family (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 May 2013, 2:22 PM, PDT)
- TV Ratings Report: Season Finales Galore! (From TVfanatic. 23 May 2013, 9:56 AM, PDT)
- TV ratings: 'Criminal Minds' finale leads CBS to Wednesday victory, 'Nashville' up for ABC (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 23 May 2013, 9:49 AM, PDT)