Sources tell the New York Post that Demi had been hoping to quietly negotiate a financial settlement with Kutcher and then file the papers once an agreement had been reached. Kutcher couldn't wait that long, it seems. Moore announced she was ending her six-year marriage to the 34-year-old actor in November 2011, and there had been many rumors as to why neither had officially filed papers until now.
According to the Post's source, the negotiations got too bogged down and Kutcher -- who is the highest paid TV actor, pulling in $24 million last year for his role on "Two And A Half Men" -- couldn't wait any longer.
"Demi was asking for so much money, and [the negotiation] was dragging on so long, that Kutcher got fed up and filed papers, »
- Stephanie Marcus
Similar News ItemsAshton Kutcher
- Inside Obama's Live Nation Event: Ashton Kutcher Talks Tech, Donors Plot Midterm Campaigns (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 24 July 2014, 2:52 PM, PDT)
- Mayim Bialik will host TV Land's reboot of 'Candid Camera' (From EW.com - Inside TV. 24 July 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Pregnant Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Enjoy Low-Key Lunch in West Hollywood—See a Pic of the Parents-to-Be! (From E! Online. 22 July 2014, 8:58 AM, PDT)
- Robert Rodriguez gets a Sin City: A Dame to Kill For poster (From Flickeringmyth. 25 July 2014, 8:29 AM, PDT)
- Robert Rodriguez Gets His Own Sin City: A Dame To Kill For Poster (From ComicBookMovie. 25 July 2014, 3:33 AM, PDT)
- Bruce Willis and Rosario Dawson featured in new Sin City: A Dame To Kill For posters (From Flickeringmyth. 25 July 2014, 1:02 AM, PDT)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 7/24/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 July 2014, 2:07 PM, PDT)
- Extant Recap: Crappy Birthday to You (From TVLine.com. 23 July 2014, 8:27 PM, PDT)
- ‘MasterChef,’ ‘American Ninja Warrior’ Hit Highs While ‘Under the Dome’ Falls to Low (From Variety - TV News. 22 July 2014, 9:57 AM, PDT)