Sources tell the New York Post that Demi had been hoping to quietly negotiate a financial settlement with Kutcher and then file the papers once an agreement had been reached. Kutcher couldn't wait that long, it seems. Moore announced she was ending her six-year marriage to the 34-year-old actor in November 2011, and there had been many rumors as to why neither had officially filed papers until now.
According to the Post's source, the negotiations got too bogged down and Kutcher -- who is the highest paid TV actor, pulling in $24 million last year for his role on "Two And A Half Men" -- couldn't wait any longer.
"Demi was asking for so much money, and [the negotiation] was dragging on so long, that Kutcher got fed up and filed papers, »
- Stephanie Marcus
Similar News ItemsAshton Kutcher
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason it's public -- Video (From EW.com - PopWatch. 18 April 2014, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- Lindsay Lohan Confirms Sex List Is Real, Says She Wrote It While in Rehab (From E! Online. 17 April 2014, 8:47 PM, PDT)
- Lindsay Lohan on "Watch What Happens Live" -- 5 Biggest Takeaways! (From TooFab. 17 April 2014, 8:13 PM, PDT)
- Jamie Foxx: 5 Awesome Performances And 5 That Sucked (From Obsessed with Film. 18 April 2014, 12:51 PM, PDT)
- Frank Miller Shares Badass Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Concept Art (From Dread Central. 17 April 2014, 1:36 PM, PDT)
- April Showers: Pulp Fiction (From FilmExperience. 16 April 2014, 8:11 PM, PDT)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 4/18/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 18 April 2014, 2:33 PM, PDT)
- Pregnant Celebrities - Mila Kunis Having a Baby Girl (From National Ledger. 16 April 2014, 4:35 PM, PDT)
- Official House of Dust Trailer Blows In (From Dread Central. 15 April 2014, 2:22 PM, PDT)