Sources tell the New York Post that Demi had been hoping to quietly negotiate a financial settlement with Kutcher and then file the papers once an agreement had been reached. Kutcher couldn't wait that long, it seems. Moore announced she was ending her six-year marriage to the 34-year-old actor in November 2011, and there had been many rumors as to why neither had officially filed papers until now.
According to the Post's source, the negotiations got too bogged down and Kutcher -- who is the highest paid TV actor, pulling in $24 million last year for his role on "Two And A Half Men" -- couldn't wait any longer.
"Demi was asking for so much money, and [the negotiation] was dragging on so long, that Kutcher got fed up and filed papers, »
- Stephanie Marcus
Similar News ItemsAshton Kutcher
- Mila Kunis Dines With Her Parents, Without Ashton Kutcher (From E! Online. 21 May 2013, 4:12 PM, PDT)
- Mila Kunis' Parents Meet Ashton Kutcher in London: Picture (From Us Weekly. 21 May 2013, 11:12 AM, PDT)
- Last Lap: What Do Mila Kunis’ Parents Think of Ashton Kutcher? (From TheFabLife - Movies. 20 May 2013, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Recruits Rumer Willis for Season 4 (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 21 May 2013, 6:05 PM, PDT)
- Catherine Zeta-Jones Comes Home After Treatment (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 May 2013, 6:44 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive Red 2 Poster (From TotalFilm. 20 May 2013, 11:50 PM, PDT)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- What to TiVo: Wednesday (From BuzzSugar. 21 May 2013, 11:59 PM, PDT)
- Upfronts: Networks Embrace Changes in Scheduling Patterns (From Variety - TV News. 21 May 2013, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Enjoy Sweet Stroll in London—See the Romantic Pic! (From E! Online. 20 May 2013, 12:52 PM, PDT)