Sources tell the New York Post that Demi had been hoping to quietly negotiate a financial settlement with Kutcher and then file the papers once an agreement had been reached. Kutcher couldn't wait that long, it seems. Moore announced she was ending her six-year marriage to the 34-year-old actor in November 2011, and there had been many rumors as to why neither had officially filed papers until now.
According to the Post's source, the negotiations got too bogged down and Kutcher -- who is the highest paid TV actor, pulling in $24 million last year for his role on "Two And A Half Men" -- couldn't wait any longer.
"Demi was asking for so much money, and [the negotiation] was dragging on so long, that Kutcher got fed up and filed papers, »
- Stephanie Marcus
Similar News ItemsAshton Kutcher
- Sebastian Stan and Margarita Levieva Are Dating! (From Us Weekly. 31 July 2014, 2:52 PM, PDT)
- The Complete Guide to Mila Kunis' Pregnancy Cravings: From Burgers to Italian to Comfort Food! (From E! Online. 30 July 2014, 9:51 AM, PDT)
- Mila Kunis Baby Shower - Due Date Confusion for Ashton Kutcher Wife to Be (From National Ledger. 29 July 2014, 7:33 PM, PDT)
- Sin City 2, The Inbetweeners 2, Lucy: 5 must-see August movie releases (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 1 August 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Movie News: First Look at Bill Murray in 'Rock the Kasbah'; Jamie Foxx May Play Mike Tyson (From Movies.com. 31 July 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Zooey Deschanel Tweets Star Studded Set Photo From 'Rock The Kasbah' (From Entertainment Tonight. 30 July 2014, 7:45 PM, PDT)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 7/31/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 31 July 2014, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- The Big Bang Theory Season 8 Filming Delayed By Salary Dispute (From Obsessed with Film. 31 July 2014, 3:50 AM, PDT)
- Extant Recap: The Unkindest Cut (From TVLine.com. 30 July 2014, 8:28 PM, PDT)