Sources tell the New York Post that Demi had been hoping to quietly negotiate a financial settlement with Kutcher and then file the papers once an agreement had been reached. Kutcher couldn't wait that long, it seems. Moore announced she was ending her six-year marriage to the 34-year-old actor in November 2011, and there had been many rumors as to why neither had officially filed papers until now.
According to the Post's source, the negotiations got too bogged down and Kutcher -- who is the highest paid TV actor, pulling in $24 million last year for his role on "Two And A Half Men" -- couldn't wait any longer.
"Demi was asking for so much money, and [the negotiation] was dragging on so long, that Kutcher got fed up and filed papers, »
- Stephanie Marcus
Similar News ItemsAshton Kutcher
- Here's What's New on Netflix for September 2014 (From Moviefone. 28 August 2014, 6:45 AM, PDT)
- Is Mila Kunis "Nervous" to Give Birth? Find Out How Ashton Kutcher Is Helping His Pregnant Fiancée (From E! Online. 27 August 2014, 11:11 AM, PDT)
- Highest Paid TV Actors 2014 - Ashton Kutcher, Jon Cryer and Mark Harmon Top Forbes 2014 List (From National Ledger. 25 August 2014, 6:18 PM, PDT)
- Movie Review – Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 29 August 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review – Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 27 August 2014, 7:39 AM, PDT)
- Venice Film Review: ‘Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)’ (From Variety - Film News. 27 August 2014, 2:00 AM, PDT)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 8/30/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 August 2014, 4:33 PM, PDT)
- 'The Tick' TV Show with Patrick Warburton Revived on Amazon? (From MovieWeb. 30 August 2014, 9:33 AM, PDT)
- Thursday TV Ratings: The Quest, Welcome to Sweden, Big Brother (From TVSeriesFinale. 29 August 2014, 1:34 PM, PDT)