Well, here’s one name we can cross off our list.
In a new interview with Empire Magazine, Star Trek helmer J.J. Abrams explained that he won’t be taking the reins of another intergalactic franchise: Disney’s upcoming Star Wars extension. The Lost creator explained that he and Kathleen Kennedy, the series’s new overseer, had “very early conversations” about how he might be involved in Star Wars: Episode VII’s development.
- Hillary Busis
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- The Dressmaker sails past $20 million, Spotlight strong, Steve Jobs weak (From IF.com.au. 7 February 2016, 1:49 PM, PST)
- Box Office: Caesar wasn't quite hailed (From FilmExperience. 7 February 2016, 1:48 PM, PST)
- 12 Movie Spoilers We Didn’t Know Last Week (6th Feb) (From Obsessed with Film. 7 February 2016, 12:58 PM, PST)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Reaches $2 Billion Mark Worldwide (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 7 February 2016, 2:30 PM, PST)
- The Week in Star Wars – The Force Awakens to hit $2 billion, Captain Phasma returning for Episode VIII, Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Kevin Smith talks Stormtrooper cameo and more (From Flickeringmyth. 7 February 2016, 2:26 AM, PST)
- 'Indiana Jones' Easter Egg Discovered in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' (From MovieWeb. 5 February 2016, 4:14 PM, PST)
Star Trek (2009)
- William Shatner keen on Star Trek return as Captain Kirk (From Flickeringmyth. 7 February 2016, 11:22 AM, PST)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens becomes only the third movie ever to gross $2 billion worldwide (From Flickeringmyth. 7 February 2016, 9:58 AM, PST)
- ‘Awards Chatter’ Podcast — William Shatner (‘Star Trek’) (From Scott Feinberg. 6 February 2016, 9:43 AM, PST)