The film's journey began when Damon and actress Emily Blunt worked together on 2011's "The Adjustment Bureau." Damon met Blunt's husband, actor John Krasinski, and the two hit it off. Together with his wife, Damon started going on double dates with the couple and Damon and Krasinski became such good friends they decided they wanted to make a movie. Enter "Promised Land."
"John and I were looking for something to do together," Damon said. He originally wanted to direct the movie, so he found a story he was passionate about, but realized that he was spending too much time away from home and instead handed the reins to "Good Will Hunting" director Gus Van Sant.
As for the film's subject matter — Damon, »
- NextMovie Staff
Similar News ItemsMatt Damon
- ‘The Martian’ Deleted Scene Features Additional Science, More Matt Damon Wisecracking (From Slash Film. 9 October 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Pan’ Flies Away With $650,000 at Thursday Night Box Office (From The Wrap. 9 October 2015, 7:56 AM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Pan’ Flies Off With $650,000 on Thursday Night (From Variety - Film News. 9 October 2015, 7:32 AM, PDT)
- The Guardian Film Show podcast reviews Suffragette, Sicario, Regression and Red Army – audio reviews (From The Guardian - Film News. 9 October 2015, 9:28 AM, PDT)
- Votd: The Impressive, Unnoticeable VFX of ‘Sicario’ (From Slash Film. 9 October 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Emily Blunt: five best moments (From The Guardian - Film News. 9 October 2015, 1:25 AM, PDT)
- John Krasinski Congratulates a Couple Who Channeled Jim and Pam at Their Wedding (From Popsugar. 9 October 2015, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- John Krasinski and Emily Blunt Have a Broadway Date Night (From Popsugar. 9 October 2015, 8:16 AM, PDT)
- Nerd Alert: Aladdin Honest Trailer, Lego Batmobile and Star Wars Mashup (From MovieWeb. 7 October 2015, 9:55 AM, PDT)