The film's journey began when Damon and actress Emily Blunt worked together on 2011's "The Adjustment Bureau." Damon met Blunt's husband, actor John Krasinski, and the two hit it off. Together with his wife, Damon started going on double dates with the couple and Damon and Krasinski became such good friends they decided they wanted to make a movie. Enter "Promised Land."
"John and I were looking for something to do together," Damon said. He originally wanted to direct the movie, so he found a story he was passionate about, but realized that he was spending too much time away from home and instead handed the reins to "Good Will Hunting" director Gus Van Sant.
As for the film's subject matter — Damon, »
- NextMovie Staff
Similar News ItemsMatt Damon
- Tyrese Wants This Perfect Action Star To Join Fast & Furious (From Cinema Blend. 30 March 2015, 8:17 PM, PDT)
- News Nuggets: Leonardo DiCaprio tops all actors with $25 million per movie? (From Gold Derby. 25 March 2015, 6:23 PM, PDT)
- Ben Stiller Turned Down Good Will Hunting, Here's Why (From Cinema Blend. 25 March 2015, 4:58 PM, PDT)
- Emily Blunt Joins Sylvester Stallone, John Krasinksi, and Sir Ian McKellen on Animal Crackers (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 30 March 2015, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- Emily Blunt Joins Animal Crackers (From EmpireOnline. 30 March 2015, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- ‘Interstellar’ wins best film at Empire Awards (From ScreenDaily. 30 March 2015, 6:55 AM, PDT)
- Aw! Emily Blunt and John Krasinski to Play Married Couple in Animated Film Animal Crackers (From E! Online. 30 March 2015, 3:39 PM, PDT)
- Emily Blunt Takes Bite Of ‘Animal Crackers'; ‘Neon Demon’ Cast Is Set – Film Briefs (From Deadline. 30 March 2015, 1:54 PM, PDT)
- Emily Blunt Joins Animated Feature ‘Animal Crackers’ (From Variety - Film News. 30 March 2015, 9:59 AM, PDT)