NBC got its ratings wings on Christmas Eve. The network’s annual presentation of It's a Wonderful Life delivered the film’s biggest numbers in years Monday night.
Frank Capra’s holiday classic starring Jimmy Stewart was seen by 5.6 million viewers and had a 1.5 in the adult demo. That’s up 16 percent this year to mark its most-watched airing since 2005 and it ranked as the most-watched theatrical movie to play on a broadcast network so far this season.
This was NBC’s 34th primetime run of the film since it was brought to broadcast TV in 1994. »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsJames Stewart (I)
- The Past, Present, and Future of Real-Time Films Part One (From SoundOnSight. 17 October 2014, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- 40 Great Horror Films for the Halloween Season 3 (From SoundOnSight. 17 October 2014, 1:41 PM, PDT)
- Which is the greatest British film in history? No one seems to be in agreement (From Alt Film Guide. 11 October 2014, 5:32 PM, PDT)
- Almodóvar Shoots Latest Film in Lyon, Shares Prize with Frank Capra (From Variety - Film News. 19 October 2014, 5:44 AM, PDT)
- Harris as 87th Academy Awards Host. Good Choice? (From Alt Film Guide. 15 October 2014, 5:35 PM, PDT)
- Thierry Fremaux on Pedro Almodóvar, Film Docs, Lumière Festival Growth (From Variety - Film News. 14 October 2014, 1:35 AM, PDT)
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
- PopWatch Confessional: Which classic (or 'classic') film have you never seen? (From EW.com - PopWatch. 24 October 2014, 11:07 AM, PDT)
- Billy Bob Thornton says Bad Santa 2 is still happening (From JoBlo. 20 October 2014, 12:34 PM, PDT)
- Fxx's Every Simpsons Ever Marathon: Day 10 - HitFix Picks (From Hitfix. 29 August 2014, 8:00 PM, PDT)