NBC got its ratings wings on Christmas Eve. The network’s annual presentation of It's a Wonderful Life delivered the film’s biggest numbers in years Monday night.
Frank Capra’s holiday classic starring Jimmy Stewart was seen by 5.6 million viewers and had a 1.5 in the adult demo. That’s up 16 percent this year to mark its most-watched airing since 2005 and it ranked as the most-watched theatrical movie to play on a broadcast network so far this season.
This was NBC’s 34th primetime run of the film since it was brought to broadcast TV in 1994. »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsJames Stewart (I)
- Black Friday Holiday Horror Gift Guide (From DailyDead. 28 November 2013, 11:10 AM, PST)
- Watch: 'Wolf of Wall Street' and 'It's a Wonderful Life' Trailer Mash-Up (From FirstShowing.net. 26 November 2013, 12:01 PM, PST)
- Watch: Smart and Hilarious Video Mashup of 'It's A Wonderful Life' Cut Like 'The Wolf of Wall Street' Trailer (From Thompson on Hollywood. 26 November 2013, 9:43 AM, PST)
- The top 25 underappreciated films of 2001 (From Den of Geek. 4 December 2013, 1:17 AM, PST)
- When is It’s a Wonderful Life on TV 2013? (From ChannelGuideMag. 3 December 2013, 1:26 PM, PST)
- See It's A Wonderful Life Done Scorsese Style With Clever Wolf Of Bedford Falls Trailer (From Cinema Blend. 29 November 2013, 7:36 AM, PST)
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
- Holiday Favorites 2013: Lars Nilsen Has a Few (From Slackerwood. 3 December 2013, 8:00 AM, PST)
- This Season's Best Holiday TV Specials! (From Entertainment Tonight. 2 December 2013, 9:21 AM, PST)
- It's a Wonderful Life Trailer Gets The Wolf of Wall Street Makeover (From MovieWeb. 29 November 2013, 12:37 PM, PST)