NBC got its ratings wings on Christmas Eve. The network’s annual presentation of It's a Wonderful Life delivered the film’s biggest numbers in years Monday night.
Frank Capra’s holiday classic starring Jimmy Stewart was seen by 5.6 million viewers and had a 1.5 in the adult demo. That’s up 16 percent this year to mark its most-watched airing since 2005 and it ranked as the most-watched theatrical movie to play on a broadcast network so far this season.
This was NBC’s 34th primetime run of the film since it was brought to broadcast TV in 1994. »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsJames Stewart (I)
- Bridge of Spies movie review: the lawyer who went out in the Cold War (From FlickFilosopher. 27 November 2015, 9:18 AM, PST)
- Submerged review: stuck in a limo with you and a shock lobster (From The Guardian - Film News. 27 November 2015, 8:16 AM, PST)
- Daily Dead’s 2015 Holiday Gift Guide & Giveaways: Day One- Black Friday Deals & More! (From DailyDead. 26 November 2015, 5:50 PM, PST)
- Pitfall (From Trailers from Hell. 16 November 2015, 9:59 PM, PST)
- Cummings Pt.3: Gender-Bending from Joan of Arc to Comic Farce, Liberal Supporter of Political Refugees (From Alt Film Guide. 9 November 2015, 7:54 PM, PST)
- Exclusive: Film Society of Lincoln Center Announces Lineup for 10th New Romanian Cinema Festival (From Indiewire. 6 November 2015, 7:40 AM, PST)
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
- 17 Important Life Lessons You Learned From A Christmas Story (From BuzzSugar. 19 November 2015, 3:05 AM, PST)
- Film Review: The Night Before (From LatinoReview. 17 November 2015, 7:15 AM, PST)
- Let's Take a Moment to Honor the Best Awesomely Bad Made-for-tv Christmas Movies (From E! Online. 16 November 2015, 3:32 PM, PST)