NBC got its ratings wings on Christmas Eve. The network’s annual presentation of It's a Wonderful Life delivered the film’s biggest numbers in years Monday night.
Frank Capra’s holiday classic starring Jimmy Stewart was seen by 5.6 million viewers and had a 1.5 in the adult demo. That’s up 16 percent this year to mark its most-watched airing since 2005 and it ranked as the most-watched theatrical movie to play on a broadcast network so far this season.
This was NBC’s 34th primetime run of the film since it was brought to broadcast TV in 1994. »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsJames Stewart (I)
- 'Art and the theory of art': "The Man from Laramie" and the Anthony Mann Western (From MUBI. 26 January 2015, 5:04 AM, PST)
- Alfred Hitchcock’s Rear Window Screens This Saturday Morning at The Hi-Pointe (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 25 January 2015, 7:31 PM, PST)
- The Royal Road | 2015 Sundance Film Festival Review (From ioncinema. 23 January 2015, 12:15 PM, PST)
- Me & Earl & The Dying Girl Review [Sundance 2015] (From We Got This Covered. 27 January 2015, 7:47 PM, PST)
- 'It Happened One Night' (1934) - Best Movies #8 (From Rope Of Silicon. 22 January 2015, 11:25 AM, PST)
- Oscars news: 'American Sniper' in Best Picture battle, Oprah and 'Selma' cast march (From Gold Derby. 19 January 2015, 3:45 AM, PST)
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
- Three 1930s Capra Classics Tonight: TCM's Jean Arthur Mini-Festival (From Alt Film Guide. 5 January 2015, 8:11 PM, PST)
- Movies Like 'Alien' & 'Terminator 2' Presented in Ottoman Art Style (From FirstShowing.net. 31 December 2014, 10:52 AM, PST)
- Oldest Oscar Winner - and First Consecutive Winner - Dead at 104 (From Alt Film Guide. 30 December 2014, 2:15 AM, PST)