NBC got its ratings wings on Christmas Eve. The network’s annual presentation of It's a Wonderful Life delivered the film’s biggest numbers in years Monday night.
Frank Capra’s holiday classic starring Jimmy Stewart was seen by 5.6 million viewers and had a 1.5 in the adult demo. That’s up 16 percent this year to mark its most-watched airing since 2005 and it ranked as the most-watched theatrical movie to play on a broadcast network so far this season.
This was NBC’s 34th primetime run of the film since it was brought to broadcast TV in 1994. »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsJames Stewart (I)
- Fortitude Episode 1.5 Review [Contains Spoilers] (From The Hollywood News. 26 February 2015, 1:57 PM, PST)
- Filming Around the Wound: A Conversation with Christian Petzold (From MUBI. 26 February 2015, 7:11 AM, PST)
- Alfred Hitchcock’s Rear Window Heads Back to Select U.S. Theaters for Two Days This March (From The Daily BLAM!. 26 February 2015)
- Film Review: ‘Accidental Love’ (From Variety - Film News. 25 February 2015, 2:19 PM, PST)
- Examining the Christopher Nolan backlash (From Den of Geek. 23 February 2015, 10:33 PM, PST)
- ‘Whiplash’ Director Damien Chazelle Talks Being the Oscars’ Underdog (From VH1.com. 20 February 2015, 2:20 PM, PST)
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
- Fassbinder, Costa-Gavras and Charlie Chaplin to Hit Criterion Collection in May (From Indiewire. 18 February 2015, 7:58 AM, PST)
- Three 1930s Capra Classics Tonight: TCM's Jean Arthur Mini-Festival (From Alt Film Guide. 5 January 2015, 8:11 PM, PST)
- Movies Like 'Alien' & 'Terminator 2' Presented in Ottoman Art Style (From FirstShowing.net. 31 December 2014, 10:52 AM, PST)