NBC got its ratings wings on Christmas Eve. The network’s annual presentation of It's a Wonderful Life delivered the film’s biggest numbers in years Monday night.
Frank Capra’s holiday classic starring Jimmy Stewart was seen by 5.6 million viewers and had a 1.5 in the adult demo. That’s up 16 percent this year to mark its most-watched airing since 2005 and it ranked as the most-watched theatrical movie to play on a broadcast network so far this season.
This was NBC’s 34th primetime run of the film since it was brought to broadcast TV in 1994. »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsJames Stewart (I)
- Great Job, Internet!: An appreciation of the six-decade, 400-role career of character actor James Hong (From The AV Club. 24 February 2017, 8:47 AM, PST)
- Variety Critics Weigh in on the Year in Film (From Variety - Film News. 22 February 2017, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Get Out: Jordan Peele Explores Race With His Social Horror Flick (From LRM Online. 21 February 2017, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Memo to Distributors: Buy These 2017 Berlin Film Festival Movies (From Indiewire. 20 February 2017, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Richard Schickel, Influential Time Magazine Film Critic, Dies at 84 (From Variety - Film News. 19 February 2017, 5:58 PM, PST)
- ‘The Other Side Of Hope’ Review: Aki Kaurismäki Returns With Another Deadpan Delight — Berlinale 2017 (From Indiewire. 14 February 2017, 7:30 AM, PST)
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
- ‘Dumbo’: Will Smith in Talks to Star in Tim Burton’s Live-Action Remake (From Indiewire. 11 January 2017, 3:58 PM, PST)
- Jim Carrey: a salute to his darker roles (From Den of Geek. 9 January 2017, 12:40 PM, PST)
- Why I Watch The Ref Every Christmas Eve (From MovieWeb. 24 December 2016, 2:11 PM, PST)