NBC got its ratings wings on Christmas Eve. The network’s annual presentation of It's a Wonderful Life delivered the film’s biggest numbers in years Monday night.
Frank Capra’s holiday classic starring Jimmy Stewart was seen by 5.6 million viewers and had a 1.5 in the adult demo. That’s up 16 percent this year to mark its most-watched airing since 2005 and it ranked as the most-watched theatrical movie to play on a broadcast network so far this season.
This was NBC’s 34th primetime run of the film since it was brought to broadcast TV in 1994. »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsJames Stewart (I)
- 'Arrow' producer says that Olicity date is not a 'fake-out' (From EW.com - Inside TV. 25 July 2014, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- "Arrow" Arsenal Costume Photo, Season 3 Info (From Dark Horizons. 23 July 2014, 4:50 PM, PDT)
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Reveals First Look at Colton Haynes as Arsenal (From MovieWeb. 23 July 2014, 2:16 PM, PDT)
- A serious attempt to understand Blake Lively's Goop-like website (From EW.com - PopWatch. 21 July 2014, 6:06 PM, PDT)
- Get to Know the Best Couples From ‘When Harry Met Sally’ (From FilmSchoolRejects. 14 July 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Could 'It Happened One Night' be Coming to Criterionc (From Rope Of Silicon. 10 July 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Red Band Trailer is Just Like 'Terminator' (From FirstShowing.net. 24 July 2014, 4:26 PM, PDT)
- Kids' Movie Quotes: The Most Iconic, Memorable, and Repeated Lines in Movie History (From Moviefone. 27 June 2014, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- Black Liberation via White Privilege: A Reappraisal of Michael Mann’s 'Collateral' (From ShadowAndAct. 9 June 2014, 3:11 PM, PDT)