NBC got its ratings wings on Christmas Eve. The network’s annual presentation of It's a Wonderful Life delivered the film’s biggest numbers in years Monday night.
Frank Capra’s holiday classic starring Jimmy Stewart was seen by 5.6 million viewers and had a 1.5 in the adult demo. That’s up 16 percent this year to mark its most-watched airing since 2005 and it ranked as the most-watched theatrical movie to play on a broadcast network so far this season.
This was NBC’s 34th primetime run of the film since it was brought to broadcast TV in 1994. »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsJames Stewart (I)
- Time Machine: Veterans Wallach and Coppola - Godfather 3 in Common - Are Special Oscar Honorees (From Alt Film Guide. 24 April 2015, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- Richard Corliss, Time magazine film critic, dies at 71 (From SoundOnSight. 24 April 2015, 8:42 AM, PDT)
- Richard Corliss, Venerable Time Film Critic, Dies at 71 (From Variety - Film News. 24 April 2015, 8:34 AM, PDT)
- Stewart 'in Talks' to Be Featured in Subversive Iraq War Homefront Satire (From Alt Film Guide. 4 April 2015, 1:36 PM, PDT)
- Ellen Barkin on ‘The Cobbler’ and Why New York is a City for Billionaires (From Variety - Film News. 9 March 2015, 9:04 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Accidental Love’ (From Variety - Film News. 25 February 2015, 2:19 PM, PST)
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
- Daily | Cinema Scope, The Nation (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 27 March 2015, 10:17 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Cinema Scope, The Nation (From Keyframe. 27 March 2015, 10:17 AM, PDT)
- Fassbinder, Costa-Gavras and Charlie Chaplin to Hit Criterion Collection in May (From Indiewire. 18 February 2015, 7:58 AM, PST)