NBC got its ratings wings on Christmas Eve. The network’s annual presentation of It's a Wonderful Life delivered the film’s biggest numbers in years Monday night.
Frank Capra’s holiday classic starring Jimmy Stewart was seen by 5.6 million viewers and had a 1.5 in the adult demo. That’s up 16 percent this year to mark its most-watched airing since 2005 and it ranked as the most-watched theatrical movie to play on a broadcast network so far this season.
This was NBC’s 34th primetime run of the film since it was brought to broadcast TV in 1994. »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsJames Stewart (I)
- Cannes Film Review: ‘Love’ (From Variety - Film News. 20 May 2015, 11:15 PM, PDT)
- ‘Actors are cattle’: when Hitchcock met Truffaut (From The Guardian - Film News. 11 May 2015, 11:01 PM, PDT)
- A Brief (Pun Intended) History Of Lawyers In The Movies Part II (From The Hollywood Interview. 6 May 2015, 4:06 PM, PDT)
- Cannes Review: Frank Capra Meets the Romanian New Wave in Corneliu Porumboiu's 'The Treasure' (From Indiewire. 22 May 2015, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- Remembering Pretty, Sophisticated Cummings: From Minor Lloyd Leading Lady to Olivier Co-Star, Tony Award Winner (From Alt Film Guide. 17 May 2015, 8:21 PM, PDT)
- Every Best Picture Oscar Winner, Ranked From Worst to Best (From Moviefone. 6 May 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
- Daily | Cinema Scope, The Nation (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 27 March 2015, 10:17 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Cinema Scope, The Nation (From Keyframe. 27 March 2015, 10:17 AM, PDT)
- Fassbinder, Costa-Gavras and Charlie Chaplin to Hit Criterion Collection in May (From Indiewire. 18 February 2015, 7:58 AM, PST)