DoSomething.org, a non-profit organization that aims to harness teen's "awesome energy" and unleash it on causes they care about, has announced the 20 Most Charitable Celebrities of 2012 and Taylor Swift topped the list!
Related - Taylor Swift is ETonline's #1 Celebrity of 2012
While the singer was snagging headlines and trophies for her diary-like music, she was also donating serious chunks of cash to important organizations (she gave $4 million to the Country Hall of Fame Museum). Swift also spent hours vising with young cancer victims and became the youngest person to ever receive the Ripple of Hope Award from the Robert F. Kennedy Center for her charity work.
Coming in at number two was Miley Cyrus, no stranger to headlines either. But she garnered all this DoSomething.org ink because she dedicated the last 365 days to promoting Saving Spot! Rescue, a non-profit that is dedicated to finding dogs from high-kill shelters »
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- Happy Memorial Day -- See The Best Celebrity Beach Bods! (From TooFab. 24 May 2015, 12:30 AM, PDT)
- The Good Wife: Matthew Goode Exits Ahead of Season 7 (From TVLine.com. 22 May 2015, 2:56 PM, PDT)
- Did Vanessa Hudgens & Selena Gomez Avoid Justin Bieber At The Met Gala?! (From TooFab. 22 May 2015, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- Atlanta Hawks Organist -- I Got Hired Off Craigslist ... And Now I'm Cool With 2 Chainz (From TMZ. 23 May 2015, 12:15 AM, PDT)
- Lady Gaga Goes Bleach Blonde, Burns Scalp! (From TooFab. 22 May 2015, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Lady Gaga Goes White Blonde: Bleach Is "Painful," Takes Advil and Pinot to Cope! (From Us Weekly. 22 May 2015, 1:48 AM, PDT)
- Delaware Police Rally to Help Fan With Down Syndrome, Cancer Meet Taylor Swift (From Us Weekly. 23 May 2015, 2:35 PM, PDT)
- Get to Know Kelsea Ballerini, Country's New Darling - and Taylor Swift's Friend (From Popsugar. 22 May 2015, 3:54 PM, PDT)
- Chris Pratt Shares Heartfelt Words About His Wife - and Sings Along to Taylor Swift (From Popsugar. 22 May 2015, 9:50 AM, PDT)