Actor best known for playing languorous sportswriter and earnest coroner dies at his home, with family by his side
The actor Jack Klugman died late on Monday, at the age of 90, in Los Angeles, with his wife at his side. His sons called on his fans to embrace their father's tenacious and positive spirit.
"He had a great life and he enjoyed every moment of it, and he would encourage others to do the same," his son Adam Klugman said.
The cause of Klugman's death was not immediately known. Adam Klugman said his father had been slowing down in recent years, but was not battling cancer, which robbed him of his voice in the 1980s. Klugman taught himself to speak again, and kept working.
For many, Klugman will always be the messy one. His portrayal of sloppy sportswriter Oscar Madison on TV's The Odd Couple left viewers laughing but it »
Similar News ItemsJon Favreau
- 5 Summer Box Office Takeaways: Marvel Rules, China Rises and Stars Matter (From Variety - Film News. 1 September 2014, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- Box Office 4-Day: ‘Guardians’ No. 1 With $280M+ Cume As Summer Closes Down 14.7% Vs. 2013 (From Deadline New York. 1 September 2014, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- Downton Abbey: trailer lands for series 5 (From Den of Geek. 31 August 2014, 11:40 PM, PDT)
- It's Party Time! See All the Stars Let Loose After the Emmys (From Popsugar. 26 August 2014, 6:46 AM, PDT)
- Jane Levy Talks About Alex, Her Outsider Character, Improv, Working with CG on Monster Trucks, and Life After Suburgatory (From Collider.com. 13 August 2014, 8:34 AM, PDT)
- ‘It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's’ Kaitlin Olson Books Recurring Role on ‘New Girl’ (From The Wrap. 12 August 2014, 2:36 PM, PDT)
Charles Bronson (I)
- Super-8 Frankenstein Movie Madness September 2nd at The Way Out Club in St. Louis (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 August 2014, 6:29 AM, PDT)
- Stars who reprised Oscar winning roles (From Den of Geek. 26 August 2014, 3:05 AM, PDT)
- Lord Richard Attenborough: 1923 - 2014 (From Twitch. 25 August 2014)