Actor best known for playing languorous sportswriter and earnest coroner dies at his home, with family by his side
The actor Jack Klugman died late on Monday, at the age of 90, in Los Angeles, with his wife at his side. His sons called on his fans to embrace their father's tenacious and positive spirit.
"He had a great life and he enjoyed every moment of it, and he would encourage others to do the same," his son Adam Klugman said.
The cause of Klugman's death was not immediately known. Adam Klugman said his father had been slowing down in recent years, but was not battling cancer, which robbed him of his voice in the 1980s. Klugman taught himself to speak again, and kept working.
For many, Klugman will always be the messy one. His portrayal of sloppy sportswriter Oscar Madison on TV's The Odd Couple left viewers laughing but it »
Similar News ItemsJon Favreau (I)
- Thn Advent Calendar Day 8: Elf (From The Hollywood News. 8 December 2013, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Jon Favreau On Board For Shannara Adaptation (From EmpireOnline. 8 December 2013, 8:23 AM, PST)
- Dustin Hoffman Set For Lance Armstrong Pic (From EmpireOnline. 8 December 2013, 8:22 AM, PST)
Charles Bronson (I)
- Cinema Retro Covers David McCallum At "The Great Escape" 50th Anniversary Screening, Omaha (From CinemaRetro. 7 December 2013, 2:54 PM, PST)
- Exclusive: Director Charles de Lauzirika Talks Crave (From MovieWeb. 4 December 2013, 10:52 PM, PST)
- Nicolas Winding Refn: Only God Forgives director on sex, violence, Beckham (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 4 December 2013, 1:30 AM, PST)
- Veronica Mars movie gets March 14, 2014 release date (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 4 December 2013, 9:40 AM, PST)
- New Girl: Season Three Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 November 2013, 1:34 PM, PST)
- Arsenio Hall meets ArScheerio Paul: The 90s are back - Watch (From Pop2it. 27 November 2013, 10:36 AM, PST)