Actor best known for playing languorous sportswriter and earnest coroner dies at his home, with family by his side
The actor Jack Klugman died late on Monday, at the age of 90, in Los Angeles, with his wife at his side. His sons called on his fans to embrace their father's tenacious and positive spirit.
"He had a great life and he enjoyed every moment of it, and he would encourage others to do the same," his son Adam Klugman said.
The cause of Klugman's death was not immediately known. Adam Klugman said his father had been slowing down in recent years, but was not battling cancer, which robbed him of his voice in the 1980s. Klugman taught himself to speak again, and kept working.
For many, Klugman will always be the messy one. His portrayal of sloppy sportswriter Oscar Madison on TV's The Odd Couple left viewers laughing but it »
Similar News ItemsJon Favreau (I)
- First trailer for Clint Eastwood's Jersey Boys movie (From Den of Geek. 17 April 2014, 11:09 PM, PDT)
- Chef leads Tribeca Film Festival buzz (From ScreenDaily. 17 April 2014, 7:03 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Martin Scorsese Talks Hitchcock, 'Taxi Driver' and Story vs. Plot with Jon Favreau (From Thompson on Hollywood. 16 April 2014, 11:19 AM, PDT)
Charles Bronson (I)
- ‘Revenge For Jolly’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 13 April 2014, 10:21 AM, PDT)
- Mary ‘Scout’ Badham to Attend St. Louis-area Screening of To Kill A Mockingbird May 15th (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 9 April 2014, 7:49 PM, PDT)
- Sabotage (2014) Movie Review (From Beyond Hollywood. 27 March 2014, 5:56 PM, PDT)
- See All the Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival - So Far! (From Popsugar. 18 April 2014, 6:58 AM, PDT)
- TV Stars Take Over the Big Screen at This Year's Tribeca Film Festival (From Popsugar. 16 April 2014, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- Tribeca Exclusive: Aubrey Plaza & Max Greenfield Ruin The Moment In Clip From 'About Alex' (From The Playlist. 16 April 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)