Actor best known for playing languorous sportswriter and earnest coroner dies at his home, with family by his side
The actor Jack Klugman died late on Monday, at the age of 90, in Los Angeles, with his wife at his side. His sons called on his fans to embrace their father's tenacious and positive spirit.
"He had a great life and he enjoyed every moment of it, and he would encourage others to do the same," his son Adam Klugman said.
The cause of Klugman's death was not immediately known. Adam Klugman said his father had been slowing down in recent years, but was not battling cancer, which robbed him of his voice in the 1980s. Klugman taught himself to speak again, and kept working.
For many, Klugman will always be the messy one. His portrayal of sloppy sportswriter Oscar Madison on TV's The Odd Couple left viewers laughing but it »
Similar News ItemsJon Favreau
- Cinematic Universes, the Latest Hollywood Trend (From SoundOnSight. 21 October 2014, 11:35 AM, PDT)
- Iron Man 3 Storyboard Art Reveals Happy Hogan Was Supposed to Die (From GeekTyrant. 16 October 2014, 10:39 AM, PDT)
- Iron Man 3 Originally Planned To Kill Off This Character (From Cinema Blend. 16 October 2014, 10:34 AM, PDT)
- New Girl: Season Four Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 15 October 2014, 1:32 PM, PDT)
- New Girl Recap: The Ghoulish Raisin (From Vulture. 8 October 2014, 6:12 AM, PDT)
- DVD Release: About Alex (From Disc Dish. 26 September 2014, 9:44 AM, PDT)
Charles Bronson (I)
- Skyline Is Definitely Getting A Sequel, Here's Who Is Starring (From Cinema Blend. 21 October 2014, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- Lff 2014: Electric Boogaloo – The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films Review (From The Hollywood News. 18 October 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- How a He-Man sequel and a Spider-Man movie became Cyborg (From Den of Geek. 16 October 2014, 3:38 AM, PDT)