Actor best known for playing languorous sportswriter and earnest coroner dies at his home, with family by his side
The actor Jack Klugman died late on Monday, at the age of 90, in Los Angeles, with his wife at his side. His sons called on his fans to embrace their father's tenacious and positive spirit.
"He had a great life and he enjoyed every moment of it, and he would encourage others to do the same," his son Adam Klugman said.
The cause of Klugman's death was not immediately known. Adam Klugman said his father had been slowing down in recent years, but was not battling cancer, which robbed him of his voice in the 1980s. Klugman taught himself to speak again, and kept working.
For many, Klugman will always be the messy one. His portrayal of sloppy sportswriter Oscar Madison on TV's The Odd Couple left viewers laughing but it »
Similar News ItemsJon Favreau
- VOD Spotlight: Chef (From ChannelGuideMag. 30 September 2014, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- David Fincher confirms Star Wars: Episode VII talks (From Den of Geek. 29 September 2014, 10:45 PM, PDT)
- Chef (2014) – The Blu Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 29 September 2014, 8:04 PM, PDT)
- DVD Release: About Alex (From Disc Dish. 26 September 2014, 9:44 AM, PDT)
- New Girl: Season Four Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 September 2014, 1:34 PM, PDT)
- "NCIS" Star Michael Weatherly Drops 35 Pounds -- See Him Now! (From TooFab. 23 September 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)
Charles Bronson (I)
- Critical Mass: Denzel gets his hands dirty in 'The Equalizer' (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 26 September 2014, 12:26 PM, PDT)
- Denzel Washington: 5 Awesome Performances And 5 That Sucked (From Obsessed with Film. 26 September 2014, 3:15 AM, PDT)
- New TV Spot For 'John Wick' (From LatinoReview. 25 September 2014, 7:49 AM, PDT)