We know what the biggest box office hits of 2012 were, but who were the biggest stars?
Not surprisingly, Forbes' list of highest-grossing stars of 2012 is led by the lead actors from those hits: "The Avengers'" Robert Downey Jr., "Breaking Dawn Part 2's" Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner, "The Dark Knight Rises'" Christian Bale and "Skyfall's" Daniel Craig.
Forbes' slightly arbitrary qualification for making the list is being the "lead" performer in a film, hence Downey is singled out from among the "Avengers" ensemble, while the "Twilight" trio somehow all make the cut.
A handful of actors make the race a little more interestings thanks to multiple releases at multiplexes -- most notably Stewart who leaped ahead of her co-stars thanks to headlining a second hit movie, summer's "Snow White and the Huntsman." (Pity poor "Avengers" and "Huntsman" star Chris Hemsworth, who would've trumped Downey under different rules. »
Similar News ItemsRobert Pattinson
- Dylan Penn Stuns In New GQ Spread, Denies Dating Robert Pattinson (From Uinterview. 19 December 2013, 9:00 PM, PST)
- 2013 Celeb of the Year: Vote in Round 2! (From E! Online. 19 December 2013, 11:26 AM, PST)
- Dylan Penn Sizzles In GQ, Addresses Robertson Pattinson Rumors (From TooFab. 19 December 2013, 11:00 AM, PST)
Kristen Stewart (I)
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Jennifer Lawrence (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 December 2013, 12:50 PM, PST)
- Ariana Grande: Did She Reveal Split From Nathan Sykes? (From HollywoodLife. 20 December 2013, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Dylan Penn Denies Robert Pattinson Dating Rumors: ‘It’s All Bulls**t’ (From HollywoodLife. 19 December 2013, 8:23 AM, PST)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- New images from RoboCop (From Flickeringmyth. 20 December 2013, 3:59 PM, PST)
- Another teaser for Transcendence released (From Flickeringmyth. 20 December 2013, 3:58 PM, PST)
- Paul Rudd officially confirmed to star in Marvel's Ant-Man (From Flickeringmyth. 20 December 2013, 3:54 PM, PST)