Commenting on the Critics with Simon Columb...
It comes as no surprise that, in the wake of the horrendous tragedy in Newtown, there are groups of people who will blame the entertainment industry – and indeed the NRA has waded in with its opinion. A transcript from the NRA Conference reads...
"Through vicious, violent video games with names like Bulletstorm, Grand Theft Auto, Mortal Kombat and Splatterhouse. And here’s one: it’s called Kindergarten Killers. It’s been online for 10 years. How come my research department could find it and all of yours either couldn’t or didn’t want anyone to know you had found it? Then there’s the blood-soaked slasher films like American Psycho and Natural Born Killers that are aired like propaganda loops on "Splatterdays" and every day, and a thousand music videos that portray life as a joke and murder as a way of life. »
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Daniel Craig Is Second Longest-Serving James Bond in 007 History (From MovieWeb. 20 February 2017, 10:26 AM, PST)
- Daniel Craig becomes the second-longest serving Bond (From Flickeringmyth. 20 February 2017, 10:14 AM, PST)
- Critical Thinking: What You Like vs. What Is ‘Good’ (From Flickeringmyth. 19 February 2017, 12:38 PM, PST)
The Dark Knight (2008)
- The Fate of the Furious may have a 160-minute runtime (From Flickeringmyth. 20 February 2017, 12:25 PM, PST)
- ‘Lego Batman Movie’ Dominates Box Office for 2nd Weekend (From The Wrap. 19 February 2017, 7:54 AM, PST)
- The Best Cbm Ever: The Final 4 - Winter Soldier or Civil War? The Dark Knight or Iron Man? (From ComicBookMovie. 18 February 2017, 2:38 PM, PST)
Martin Scorsese (I)
- Martin Scorsese Remembers Richard Schickel, ‘A Very Perceptive Critic and a Wonderful Writer’ (From Indiewire. 20 February 2017, 3:57 PM, PST)
- Jon Favreau’s VFX Master: Why ‘The Jungle Book’ Will Win the Only Oscar It Can Get (From Indiewire. 20 February 2017, 3:26 PM, PST)
- How Alfred Hitchcock, ‘Lawrence of Arabia’ and More Influenced Wes Anderson — Watch (From Indiewire. 20 February 2017, 2:37 PM, PST)