The Justice Collective have topped the charts to become the 2012 Christmas number one, with their Hillsborough tribute single.
The Justice Collective's version of 'He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother' sold more than 269,000 copies, which saw it comfortably outsell 'X Factor' winner James Arthur's debut single Impossible by 45,000, according to figures from the Official Charts Company.
Robbie Williams is one of the artists featured on the single
The reworking of the Hollies' 1969 hit took the festive top spot to cap a memorable week for campaigners, friends and family of the 96 victims of the disaster at Sheffield Wednesday's ground during an Fa Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest on April 15, 1989.
A new police investigation into their deaths was announced by Home Secretary Theresa May and the High Court quashed accidental death verdicts recorded by the original inquest into the tragedy at Sheffield Wednesday's ground. A new inquest will now be held. »
Similar News Items"The X Factor" (2011)
- Cheryl Cole and Simon Cowell in X Factor promo: "It changed my life" (From Digital Spy - TV news. 14 March 2014, 6:12 AM, PDT)
- Reports from the frontline of the X Factor war mirror the tensions in Britain's coalition government (From The Guardian - TV News. 13 March 2014, 5:07 PM, PDT)
- Scherzinger oozes oomph in Missguided promotional video (From RealBollywood. 13 March 2014, 12:22 AM, PDT)
- What A Waste Of Money! The Most Expensive Celeb Weddings That Ended In Divorce (From TheFabLife - Movies. 10 March 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Interview: American Authors on stalking Ryan Tedder and Paul McCartney (From Hitfix. 7 March 2014, 1:59 PM, PST)
- 'Wolf of Wall Street,' 'American Hustle' Lead MTV Movie Award Nominees (From Rolling Stone. 6 March 2014, 6:43 AM, PST)
- Paloma Faith not a fan of reality show 'formats' (From Virgin Media - TV. 12 March 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Paloma Faith 'fine' after being mugged (From RealBollywood. 11 March 2014, 1:31 AM, PDT)
- Bitch Stole My Look! Paloma Faith vs. Sandra Bullock in Burberry Prorsum (From E! Online. 25 February 2014, 12:29 PM, PST)