It was a fairly slow weekend at the box office.
Despite a record-breaking opening, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey experienced a significant 57% drop off in its second week, bringing in an estimated $36.7 million, with an $8,952 per screen average. This brings The Hobbit’s ten-day gross to $149.9 million, tracking about 8% behind The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King’s ten-day gross.
Paramount’s Jack Reacher (Cinema Score: A-) opened this past weekend in second place with a modest $15.6 million. Based on the popular Lee Child-created character, the Tom Cruise action flick has been somewhat of a box »
- Lindsey Bahr
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- World Premiere of Bang Bang’s First Teaser Trailer (From Bollyspice. 22 July 2014, 10:16 PM, PDT)
- New Trailer For Hector And The Search For Happiness (From TheMovieBit. 22 July 2014, 2:17 PM, PDT)
- John Travolta Can't Stop Former Pilot's Lawsuit Over Secrets (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 22 July 2014, 12:27 PM, PDT)
- 'Guardians' star Chris Pratt on becoming Hollywood's newest action figure (From Hitfix. 21 July 2014, 7:45 PM, PDT)
- Video: Zac Efron goes shirtless in 'Running Wild' clip because, of course (From EW.com - Inside TV. 20 July 2014, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- Sex, Drugs, Shock and Lol: A Quick and Dirty History of the Raunch-Com (From Rolling Stone. 18 July 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
Megan Fox (I)
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' International Banner and Promo Art (From MovieWeb. 22 July 2014, 9:58 PM, PDT)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles New "Shell Shocked" TV Spot (From ComicBookMovie. 22 July 2014, 9:57 PM, PDT)
- New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles International Banner & Artwork Released (From ComicBookMovie. 22 July 2014, 7:12 PM, PDT)