It was a fairly slow weekend at the box office.
Despite a record-breaking opening, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey experienced a significant 57% drop off in its second week, bringing in an estimated $36.7 million, with an $8,952 per screen average. This brings The Hobbit’s ten-day gross to $149.9 million, tracking about 8% behind The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King’s ten-day gross.
Paramount’s Jack Reacher (Cinema Score: A-) opened this past weekend in second place with a modest $15.6 million. Based on the popular Lee Child-created character, the Tom Cruise action flick has been somewhat of a box »
- Lindsey Bahr
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Tom Cruise's Ex Katie Holmes Reality TV Show - Following Gwyneth Paltrow's Lead? (From National Ledger. 8 March 2014, 6:45 AM, PST)
- Re-Viewed: Terry Gilliam's prescient sci-fi Brazil (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 8 March 2014, 1:30 AM, PST)
- 'He dies like 200 times': Tom Cruise's comedy routine in Edge of Tomorrow (From The Guardian - Film News. 7 March 2014, 5:23 AM, PST)
Megan Fox (I)
- Transformers: Age Of Extinction – 10 Reasons We’re Freaking Out (From Obsessed with Film. 7 March 2014, 8:39 AM, PST)
- ‘Transformers: Age of Extinction’, the latest entry in the film franchise, releases a trailer (From SoundOnSight. 4 March 2014, 6:13 PM, PST)
- The Young Human Lovebirds of Transformers 4 Get Their Own Posters (From Beyond Hollywood. 4 March 2014, 10:50 AM, PST)
- Zaz Efron Is Already Causing a Stir at SXSW (From Popsugar. 8 March 2014, 11:25 AM, PST)
- SXSW: 11 must-see movies on the menu in Texas (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 7 March 2014, 2:28 PM, PST)
- Jimmy Kimmel to Face Off With Texas Gov. Rick Perry During SXSW Week (From The Wrap. 7 March 2014, 11:43 AM, PST)