It was a fairly slow weekend at the box office.
Despite a record-breaking opening, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey experienced a significant 57% drop off in its second week, bringing in an estimated $36.7 million, with an $8,952 per screen average. This brings The Hobbit’s ten-day gross to $149.9 million, tracking about 8% behind The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King’s ten-day gross.
Paramount’s Jack Reacher (Cinema Score: A-) opened this past weekend in second place with a modest $15.6 million. Based on the popular Lee Child-created character, the Tom Cruise action flick has been somewhat of a box »
- Lindsey Bahr
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Games nobody talks about anymore: Operation Wolf (From Den of Geek. 27 February 2015, 7:45 AM, PST)
- Minority Report: leads found for TV sequel (From Den of Geek. 27 February 2015, 1:16 AM, PST)
- Minority Report Gets 2 For 1 On Precogs (From Obsessed with Film. 27 February 2015, 12:25 AM, PST)
- 'The Last Starfighter' Remake Eyed by 'Star Wars' Writer (From MovieWeb. 28 February 2015, 2:08 PM, PST)
- James Franco in talks to star in Fox comedy Why Him? (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 February 2015, 11:55 AM, PST)
- James Franco Targets Father-Daughter Comedy 'Why Him?' (From MovieWeb. 27 February 2015, 5:01 PM, PST)
Megan Fox (I)
- In Defense Of ‘Jennifer’s Body’ (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 27 February 2015, 8:14 AM, PST)
- Red Sonja reboot has new writer (From Den of Geek. 26 February 2015, 10:17 PM, PST)
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Will Return (From The Hollywood News. 26 February 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)