It was a fairly slow weekend at the box office.
Despite a record-breaking opening, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey experienced a significant 57% drop off in its second week, bringing in an estimated $36.7 million, with an $8,952 per screen average. This brings The Hobbit’s ten-day gross to $149.9 million, tracking about 8% behind The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King’s ten-day gross.
Paramount’s Jack Reacher (Cinema Score: A-) opened this past weekend in second place with a modest $15.6 million. Based on the popular Lee Child-created character, the Tom Cruise action flick has been somewhat of a box »
- Lindsey Bahr
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Ross Burden obituary (From The Guardian - TV News. 29 July 2014, 10:40 AM, PDT)
- BBFC launches 12A cinema advert (From ScreenDaily. 29 July 2014, 5:37 AM, PDT)
- BBFC launch 12A cinema advert (From ScreenDaily. 29 July 2014, 5:37 AM, PDT)
- Can You Beat James Franco In a Game of '5-Second Movie Summaries'? (From Movies.com. 29 July 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- 4 Interesting Casting Notices You Might Have Missed This Week! (From Backstage. 25 July 2014, 10:11 AM, PDT)
- Venice: Al Pacino, Willem Dafoe, Ethan Hawke Set for Double Duty (From The Hollywood Reporter. 24 July 2014, 5:31 PM, PDT)
Megan Fox (I)
- "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Music Video (From SneakPeek. 28 July 2014, 3:54 PM, PDT)
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Shell Shocked Music Video (From MovieWeb. 28 July 2014, 3:10 PM, PDT)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: "Shell Shocked" Music Video (From ComicBookMovie. 28 July 2014, 1:23 PM, PDT)