It was a fairly slow weekend at the box office.
Despite a record-breaking opening, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey experienced a significant 57% drop off in its second week, bringing in an estimated $36.7 million, with an $8,952 per screen average. This brings The Hobbit’s ten-day gross to $149.9 million, tracking about 8% behind The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King’s ten-day gross.
Paramount’s Jack Reacher (Cinema Score: A-) opened this past weekend in second place with a modest $15.6 million. Based on the popular Lee Child-created character, the Tom Cruise action flick has been somewhat of a box »
- Lindsey Bahr
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- The Week in Spandex - Man of Steel, The Avengers 2, Iron Man 3, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Justice League, Booster Gold, Wonder Woman, The Incredibles 2 and more (From Flickeringmyth. 19 May 2013, 8:11 AM, PDT)
- 11 Weird Things Named After Celebs (From newser. 19 May 2013, 6:59 AM, PDT)
- Miley Cyrus swatted again (From RealBollywood. 19 May 2013, 1:52 AM, PDT)
Megan Fox (I)
- Cannes 2013 roundup | Tom Lamont (From The Guardian - Film News. 19 May 2013, 12:15 AM, PDT)
- 'If You Had Pitched This As A Movie, Nobody Would've Bought It' (From Huffington Post. 18 May 2013, 12:12 PM, PDT)
- New Video of Megan Fox on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Set (From ShockYa. 18 May 2013, 1:35 AM, PDT)
Michael Ian Black
- Wow, People Really Don't Like Sponsored Tweets (From Huffington Post. 16 May 2013, 11:23 AM, PDT)
- The six new Us TV shows we're most excited about (From The Guardian - TV News. 16 May 2013, 4:32 AM, PDT)
- New Posters for Red 2, Hell Baby, and Despicable Me 2 (From Beyond Hollywood. 14 May 2013, 11:25 PM, PDT)