It was a fairly slow weekend at the box office.
Despite a record-breaking opening, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey experienced a significant 57% drop off in its second week, bringing in an estimated $36.7 million, with an $8,952 per screen average. This brings The Hobbit’s ten-day gross to $149.9 million, tracking about 8% behind The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King’s ten-day gross.
Paramount’s Jack Reacher (Cinema Score: A-) opened this past weekend in second place with a modest $15.6 million. Based on the popular Lee Child-created character, the Tom Cruise action flick has been somewhat of a box »
- Lindsey Bahr
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Stephen Merchant answers burning questions about 'Hello Ladies: The Movie' (From EW.com - Inside TV. 22 November 2014, 8:25 PM, PST)
- 10 Stories You Might Have Missed: 'Lego Batman' to 'acknowledge' multiple Batmans (From Hitfix. 22 November 2014, 12:00 AM, PST)
- Tom Cruise Wanted for Highlander Remake (From GeekTyrant. 20 November 2014, 2:23 PM, PST)
- Review: 'The Comeback' - 'Valerie Is Brought to Her Knees' (From Hitfix. 23 November 2014, 9:43 PM, PST)
- Everything You Need to Know About That Seth Rogen and Lisa Kudrow Blow Job Scene on The Comeback (From E! Online. 23 November 2014, 7:30 PM, PST)
- DreamWorks Animation Gives B.O.O.: Bureau Of Otherworldly Operations a New Release Date (From GeekTyrant. 23 November 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
Megan Fox (I)
- Who Is the Sexiest Female Celebrity of 2014? (From Popsugar. 19 November 2014, 3:14 PM, PST)
- Hot in Cleveland (From TVSeriesFinale. 17 November 2014, 7:07 PM, PST)
- This Week's Best Celebrity TwitPics (From TooFab. 15 November 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)