It was a fairly slow weekend at the box office.
Despite a record-breaking opening, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey experienced a significant 57% drop off in its second week, bringing in an estimated $36.7 million, with an $8,952 per screen average. This brings The Hobbit’s ten-day gross to $149.9 million, tracking about 8% behind The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King’s ten-day gross.
Paramount’s Jack Reacher (Cinema Score: A-) opened this past weekend in second place with a modest $15.6 million. Based on the popular Lee Child-created character, the Tom Cruise action flick has been somewhat of a box »
- Lindsey Bahr
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- The 35 Greatest Murder Mystery Movies Ever Made (From Moviefone. 28 November 2014, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Future blockbuster hype: the lost art of living in the now (From Den of Geek. 27 November 2014, 12:16 AM, PST)
- Exclusive: Joseph Trapanese scoring 'Divergent' sequel 'Insurgent' (From Hitfix. 25 November 2014, 3:40 PM, PST)
- The Interview Incites A North Korean Hack Attempt On Sony (From We Got This Covered. 28 November 2014, 8:53 PM, PST)
- Ray Rice Wins Appeal, Suspension Lifted, Union Says (From Entertainment Tonight. 28 November 2014, 2:12 PM, PST)
- Natalie Portman linked with Steve Jobs biopic (From Den of Geek. 27 November 2014, 10:58 PM, PST)
Megan Fox (I)
- The Rock And Bruce Willis Rumoured For Transformers 5 (From Obsessed with Film. 28 November 2014, 6:38 AM, PST)
- How you know you're watching a Transformers movie (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 November 2014, 1:30 AM, PST)
- Watch Megan Fox Get Feisty About New Yorkers While Filming 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' (From Movies.com. 26 November 2014, 8:15 PM, PST)