It was a fairly slow weekend at the box office.
Despite a record-breaking opening, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey experienced a significant 57% drop off in its second week, bringing in an estimated $36.7 million, with an $8,952 per screen average. This brings The Hobbit’s ten-day gross to $149.9 million, tracking about 8% behind The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King’s ten-day gross.
Paramount’s Jack Reacher (Cinema Score: A-) opened this past weekend in second place with a modest $15.6 million. Based on the popular Lee Child-created character, the Tom Cruise action flick has been somewhat of a box »
- Lindsey Bahr
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Take home Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation and go behind-the-scenes with Tom Cruise (From Cineplex. 26 November 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Watch: 8 Behind-The-Scenes Featurettes From ‘Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation’ And More (From The Playlist. 25 November 2015, 10:37 AM, PST)
- Remaking Memento, the Mummy and more: a Hollywood insider reveals all (From The Guardian - Film News. 25 November 2015, 10:21 AM, PST)
- Adam Sandler Unveils New ‘Chanukah Song’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 25 November 2015, 3:48 PM, PST)
- Watch Adam Sandler Sing New Version of the 'Chanukah Song' (From MovieWeb. 25 November 2015, 3:05 PM, PST)
- ‘Lip Sync Battle’ Holiday Special Unwraps 1.8 Million Viewers With ‘The Night Before’ Cast (From The Wrap. 24 November 2015, 3:18 PM, PST)
Megan Fox (I)
- "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2" - Enter Alessandra Ambrosio (From SneakPeek. 26 November 2015, 10:43 AM, PST)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 trailer attached to Star Wars: The Force Awakens (From Flickeringmyth. 23 November 2015, 11:42 AM, PST)
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Castle, New Girl, Once, The Knick, Chicago Fire, Arrow, CSI: Cyber, Gotham and More (From TVLine.com. 22 November 2015, 3:36 PM, PST)