It was a fairly slow weekend at the box office.
Despite a record-breaking opening, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey experienced a significant 57% drop off in its second week, bringing in an estimated $36.7 million, with an $8,952 per screen average. This brings The Hobbit’s ten-day gross to $149.9 million, tracking about 8% behind The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King’s ten-day gross.
Paramount’s Jack Reacher (Cinema Score: A-) opened this past weekend in second place with a modest $15.6 million. Based on the popular Lee Child-created character, the Tom Cruise action flick has been somewhat of a box »
- Lindsey Bahr
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Ross Burden obituary (From The Guardian - TV News. 29 July 2014, 10:40 AM, PDT)
- BBFC launches 12A cinema advert (From ScreenDaily. 29 July 2014, 5:37 AM, PDT)
- BBFC launch 12A cinema advert (From ScreenDaily. 29 July 2014, 5:37 AM, PDT)
- Can You Beat James Franco in a Game of 5-Second Movie Summaries? (From Movies.com. 29 July 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Can You Beat James Franco In a Game of '5-Second Movie Summaries'? (From Movies.com. 29 July 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Judd Apatow Hires ‘South Park's’ Pam Brady to Rewrite ‘Business Trip’ (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 29 July 2014, 3:36 PM, PDT)
Megan Fox (I)
- "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Music Video (From SneakPeek. 29 July 2014, 4:31 PM, PDT)
- Explosive 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Poster Sparks Controversy (From MovieWeb. 29 July 2014, 4:14 PM, PDT)
- Kate Upton, Jessica Biel and More Stars: It's Not Always Easy Being Pretty (From E! Online. 29 July 2014, 2:01 PM, PDT)