It was a fairly slow weekend at the box office.
Despite a record-breaking opening, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey experienced a significant 57% drop off in its second week, bringing in an estimated $36.7 million, with an $8,952 per screen average. This brings The Hobbit’s ten-day gross to $149.9 million, tracking about 8% behind The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King’s ten-day gross.
Paramount’s Jack Reacher (Cinema Score: A-) opened this past weekend in second place with a modest $15.6 million. Based on the popular Lee Child-created character, the Tom Cruise action flick has been somewhat of a box »
- Lindsey Bahr
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Edge of Tomorrow hits $100M at the Us box office… at last! (From Flickeringmyth. 2 September 2014, 12:34 PM, PDT)
- Funny Video: Let's Marvel at This Squirrel Stealing Food from a Bird Feeder (From PEOPLE.com. 2 September 2014, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- 5 Summer Box Office Takeaways: Marvel Rules, China Rises and Stars Matter (From Variety - Film News. 1 September 2014, 10:37 AM, PDT)
Megan Fox (I)
- 15 Celebrities Expecting New Arrivals in 2014 (From Popsugar. 2 September 2014, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- It's Hard Being Famous: See Celebs Who Complain About Fame (in Honor of Labor Day!) (From E! Online. 1 September 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Guardians' Easily Tops Weak Labor Day Releases (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 31 August 2014, 12:33 PM, PDT)
- Vince Vaughn Joins 'The Politician' for Producer Seth Rogen (From MovieWeb. 2 September 2014, 2:18 PM, PDT)
- Vince Vaughn to Lead 'The Politician' Comedy Produced by Seth Rogen (From FirstShowing.net. 2 September 2014, 2:14 PM, PDT)
- The Politician: Vince Vaughn Could Be on the Upswing in New Comedy (From Collider.com. 2 September 2014, 1:54 PM, PDT)