The first tweet on Friday, Dec. 14, from Fox News anchor Bill Hemmer's @BillHemmer account read, "47 and sunny in New York, NY today. Its mid-December. Maybe the Maya are onto something."
But the next one from the co-anchor of Fnc's "America's Newsroom" read: "Update from the AP -- The superintendent's secretary says reports of a shooting are not confirmed."
After that: "Breaking: elementary school has been evacuated, situation is unclear regarding shooting. Updates on @AmericaNewsroom as we get them."
A couple of tweets later: "The story out of Newtown, Ct only gets worse. Prayers for the families. Sad day in America."
On Sunday, Dec. 16, as the nation absorbed the full impact of the mass slaying at Sandy Hook Elementary School, which claimed the lives of 20 first-graders and six school employees (the perpetrator, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, also killed his mother, Nancy Lanza, and finally himself) Hemmer tweeted this picture taken on Saturday:
"As reporters, »
Similar News ItemsNew Year's Eve (2011)
- How Chris Pratt, Gina Rodriguez, Nick Jonas & 7 Other Celebs Are Celebrating the Holidays (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 December 2014, 2:52 PM, PST)
- Watch Jerry Seinfeld's Hilarious 'Tonight Show' Stand-Up (From Rolling Stone. 24 December 2014, 6:20 AM, PST)
- Watch: Review the Year in Cinema by Opening Up 'Cinefile 2014' (From FirstShowing.net. 22 December 2014, 8:08 AM, PST)
- From CNN’s ‘Magic Wall’ to Fox News’ ‘Bill-board,’ Cable News Gears Up For Election Night (From Variety - TV News. 3 November 2014, 1:50 PM, PST)
- Morning-News Scramble: CNN’s ‘New Day’ Tackles MSNBC’s ‘Morning Joe’ (From Variety - TV News. 4 September 2014, 10:03 AM, PDT)
- Fox Analyst: Code Pink Gitmo Protests Taught Obama ‘It’s Easier’ to Just Kill Terrorists (From Mediaite - TV. 21 April 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
"America's Newsroom" (2007)
- MSNBC, Fox News: Cheerios and women's wages bring partisan silliness to news networks (From Pop2it. 30 January 2014, 7:00 PM, PST)
- Mediaite’s Joe Concha: Obamacare Marks End of Obama Presidency Because It’s His ‘Legacy on the Line’ (From Mediaite - TV. 8 November 2013, 5:38 PM, PST)
- Fox News Anchors Casually Misinform Viewers About New York Soda Ban (From Mediaite - TV. 11 March 2013, 9:43 AM, PDT)