The veteran photographer discusses the violence of his early years, celebrity culture – and why he's off to a war zone at 77
In the documentary that's just been made about your work – McCullin – you say you've had enough of war, yet by the time this interview is published you will have been to Syria.
I know. I'm going to cover the war in Aleppo. I'm pestered from morning to night in Somerset and I just want to get away from it.
You could go to the Caribbean instead.
I'd be even more bored. I haven't been to Syria for a decade, since the Gulf war started. And I'm going right back to the place where I crossed over the border 10 years ago. I ask myself: why am I giving up all this comfort to go and sleep in a derelict house and slosh around the Turkish border with poor old refugees? »
- Carole Cadwalladr
Similar News ItemsGwyneth Paltrow
- Batali, Flay, Colicchio, Ray Talk Fame And Food (From Huffington Post. 19 June 2013, 8:36 AM, PDT)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Slips Into Some Tight Pants (From Huffington Post. 19 June 2013, 5:50 AM, PDT)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Trades the Windy City For Sin City (From Popsugar. 18 June 2013, 5:48 PM, PDT)
Jamie Oliver (II)
- Top 5 YouTube Comedy Week videos (From Shadowlocked. 14 June 2013, 7:57 AM, PDT)
- Samuel L. Jackson's 'Breaking Bad' Monologue Is Just the Beginning for Charity Platform Prizeo (From The Wrap. 10 June 2013, 3:41 PM, PDT)
- 50 Cent Boards Johnny Tapia Documentary (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 7 June 2013, 4:00 AM, PDT)