The veteran photographer discusses the violence of his early years, celebrity culture – and why he's off to a war zone at 77
In the documentary that's just been made about your work – McCullin – you say you've had enough of war, yet by the time this interview is published you will have been to Syria.
I know. I'm going to cover the war in Aleppo. I'm pestered from morning to night in Somerset and I just want to get away from it.
You could go to the Caribbean instead.
I'd be even more bored. I haven't been to Syria for a decade, since the Gulf war started. And I'm going right back to the place where I crossed over the border 10 years ago. I ask myself: why am I giving up all this comfort to go and sleep in a derelict house and slosh around the Turkish border with poor old refugees? »
- Carole Cadwalladr
Similar News ItemsGwyneth Paltrow
- David Fincher talks Gone Girl, film career (From ScreenDaily. 20 September 2014, 7:18 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lawrence Steps Out in Malibu in Short Shorts, Sends Powerful Message With Her Shirt—See the Pic! (From E! Online. 17 September 2014, 12:51 PM, PDT)
- 3 Nyfw Makeup Trends (From Access Hollywood. 17 September 2014, 10:53 AM, PDT)
Jamie Oliver (II)
- Scott & Bailey review top-notch British telly (From The Guardian - TV News. 10 September 2014, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- The X Factor; Strictly Come Dancing; Dynamo: Magician Impossible; and Jamie's Comfort Food: TV review video (From The Guardian - TV News. 9 September 2014, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- Jamie Oliver was 'pulling pints' at 10-years-old (From Virgin Media - TV. 8 September 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)