The veteran photographer discusses the violence of his early years, celebrity culture – and why he's off to a war zone at 77
In the documentary that's just been made about your work – McCullin – you say you've had enough of war, yet by the time this interview is published you will have been to Syria.
I know. I'm going to cover the war in Aleppo. I'm pestered from morning to night in Somerset and I just want to get away from it.
You could go to the Caribbean instead.
I'd be even more bored. I haven't been to Syria for a decade, since the Gulf war started. And I'm going right back to the place where I crossed over the border 10 years ago. I ask myself: why am I giving up all this comfort to go and sleep in a derelict house and slosh around the Turkish border with poor old refugees? »
- Carole Cadwalladr
Similar News ItemsGwyneth Paltrow
- Mid-length dress - latest party fashion trend (From RealBollywood. 8 December 2013, 12:07 AM, PST)
- Gwyneth Paltrow teams up with Michael Kors for new line (From RealBollywood. 7 December 2013, 10:33 PM, PST)
- James Franco: master of sex (From The Guardian - Film News. 7 December 2013, 12:00 AM, PST)
Jamie Oliver (II)
- Downton Abbey, Birds of a Feather: ITV's Christmas, New Year listings (From Digital Spy - TV news. 3 December 2013, 8:33 AM, PST)
- Attenborough, Jamie Oliver, Susan Boyle for Christmas Jonathan Ross (From Digital Spy - TV news. 27 November 2013, 9:32 AM, PST)
- 'Made in Chelsea', 'Educating Yorkshire': Channel 4 Christmas schedule out (From Digital Spy - TV news. 27 November 2013, 5:18 AM, PST)