The veteran photographer discusses the violence of his early years, celebrity culture – and why he's off to a war zone at 77
In the documentary that's just been made about your work – McCullin – you say you've had enough of war, yet by the time this interview is published you will have been to Syria.
I know. I'm going to cover the war in Aleppo. I'm pestered from morning to night in Somerset and I just want to get away from it.
You could go to the Caribbean instead.
I'd be even more bored. I haven't been to Syria for a decade, since the Gulf war started. And I'm going right back to the place where I crossed over the border 10 years ago. I ask myself: why am I giving up all this comfort to go and sleep in a derelict house and slosh around the Turkish border with poor old refugees? »
- Carole Cadwalladr
Similar News ItemsGwyneth Paltrow
- It's Hard Being Famous: See Celebs Who Complain About Fame (in Honor of Labor Day!) (From E! Online. 1 September 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Go Inside Cameron Diaz's Star-Studded Surprise Birthday Party! (From Popsugar. 31 August 2014, 11:27 AM, PDT)
- Chris Martin & Gwyneth Paltrow -- Breakfast in the Hamptons (Photo) (From TMZ. 31 August 2014, 5:15 AM, PDT)
Jamie Oliver (II)
- TV highlights 01/09/2014 (From The Guardian - TV News. 31 August 2014, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Jamie Oliver wants an intimate tattoo (From Virgin Media - TV. 22 August 2014, 2:15 AM, PDT)
- Ryan Seacrest Prods., CBS TV Studios Strike Scripted Overall Deal (From Variety - TV News. 12 August 2014, 11:28 AM, PDT)