After rumors swirled that Jason Segel was ready to depart How I Met Your Mother after the current eighth season, almost ensuring that this would be the last for the CBS comedy series, a deal has been made in the 11th hour to keep him around.
A final decision had to be made this month in order to figure out whether or not the overarching story of the show needed to begin closing this season or finish out with season 9, and Segel was the one cast member who was hellbent on finally leaving the show. So what happened?
Deadline says Segel “decided to bail and leave the cast hanging. But he just got turned around today at the last second. The show was literally dead.” Sounds like Segel got lawyered. The contracts for all of ...
Click to continue reading ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Renewed for 9th (and Final) Season »
- Ethan Anderton
Similar News Items"How I Met Your Mother" (2005)
- CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 8/29/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 29 August 2014, 1:32 PM, PDT)
- What Makes a Great TV Series Finale? (From Moviefone. 29 August 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Here's What's New on Netflix for September 2014 (From Moviefone. 28 August 2014, 6:45 AM, PDT)
- The Summer of Butts: An exhaustive booty trend timeline (From EW.com - PopWatch. 29 August 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Giveaway – Win Sex Tape merchandise (From Flickeringmyth. 27 August 2014, 10:21 AM, PDT)
- UK movie releases: September 2014 (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 26 August 2014, 8:38 AM, PDT)