Nothing like rock and roll to bring about those May-December romances... This was obviously in evidence on Friday (Dec. 21) when Rolling Stones rocker Ron Wood (age 65) married theater producer Sally Humphreys (age 34).
Wood, who joined The Rolling Stones in 1975 and previously played bass and guitar for bands like Faces and The Jeff Beck Group, celebrated his third marriage in a quiet ceremony, according to The Mirror.
The star-studded but ultra-secret affair took place at the high-end Dorchester Hotel in London. Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones and David Bowie, a former bandmate of Wood's, were two of the three best men. Sir Paul McCartney and his wife, Nancy Shevell, were among the guests.
Although the age gap is rather extreme, the couple seemed to take it in stride. The Mirror quoted Humphreys as saying, "There is an age gap. I would prefer it if there wasn't, but there is." The »
Similar News ItemsPaul McCartney
- Paul McCartney Tops U.K. Music Rich List With $1.1Bn Fortune (From The Hollywood Reporter. 22 April 2015, 8:23 PM, PDT)
- Top of the Pops: Why it should return to TV (From Digital Spy - TV news. 22 April 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Alice Cooper's new album is ready to go (From National Ledger. 21 April 2015, 11:37 AM, PDT)
- Watch Terry Crews Punch Out Mike Tyson on 'Lip Sync Battle' (From Rolling Stone. 24 April 2015, 9:56 AM, PDT)
- Alex Gibney Wins a Peabody for His James Brown Documentary (From Thompson on Hollywood. 24 April 2015, 8:54 AM, PDT)
- The Kloons Enlist Keith Richards, Mick Jagger For Rolling Stones Edition Of ‘Sisters’ (From Tubefilter News. 16 April 2015, 4:04 PM, PDT)
David Bowie (I)
- Billy Zane Returning For 'Zoolander 2' (From LatinoReview. 21 April 2015, 3:08 AM, PDT)
- American Idol: What Should the Top 6 Sing for 'Arena Anthems' Week? (From TVLine.com. 17 April 2015, 4:54 PM, PDT)
- Misinterpreted Film: The Prestige (From Cinelinx. 13 April 2015, 3:27 AM, PDT)