Nothing like rock and roll to bring about those May-December romances... This was obviously in evidence on Friday (Dec. 21) when Rolling Stones rocker Ron Wood (age 65) married theater producer Sally Humphreys (age 34).
Wood, who joined The Rolling Stones in 1975 and previously played bass and guitar for bands like Faces and The Jeff Beck Group, celebrated his third marriage in a quiet ceremony, according to The Mirror.
The star-studded but ultra-secret affair took place at the high-end Dorchester Hotel in London. Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones and David Bowie, a former bandmate of Wood's, were two of the three best men. Sir Paul McCartney and his wife, Nancy Shevell, were among the guests.
Although the age gap is rather extreme, the couple seemed to take it in stride. The Mirror quoted Humphreys as saying, "There is an age gap. I would prefer it if there wasn't, but there is." The »
Similar News ItemsPaul McCartney
- Paul McCartney, Lady Gaga, Bill O’Reilly More In NBC Late Night Video Rewind (From Monsters and Critics. 18 December 2014, 2:59 PM, PST)
- Paul McCartney Sucks at ‘Beatles: Rock Band’ on ‘The Tonight Show’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 18 December 2014, 8:15 AM, PST)
- Paul McCartney Reveals Favorite Ringo Starr Songs (From Rolling Stone. 18 December 2014, 7:10 AM, PST)
- HBO Details Martin Scorsese's Upcoming Druggy, 'Sex-Fueled' Music Biz Show (From Rolling Stone. 19 December 2014, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Miley Cyrus invites Kate Moss to Nye party (From National Ledger. 15 December 2014, 7:13 AM, PST)
- The X Factor final: Live blog - All the action as it happens (From Digital Spy - TV news. 13 December 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
David Bowie (III)
- James Gunn Reveals Original Mix Tape from Guardians Of The Galaxy (From GeekTyrant. 19 December 2014, 7:19 AM, PST)
- Fantastic Voyage (From CultureCatch. 19 December 2014, 6:27 AM, PST)
- 14 comics from 2014 that should be movies (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 18 December 2014, 1:30 AM, PST)