CBS has renewed its veteran comedy, "How I Met Your Mother," for a somewhat surprising season 9. Fortunately for the continuity of the fairly serialized sitcom, all of the cast members -- including Jason Segel -- have agreed to return for at least one more year.
As first reported by Deadline.com, "Himym" is unofficially set for another season thanks to negotiations with the cast and producers working out positively for CBS. Cast deals were finalized just before a Friday (Dec. 21) deadline, despite rumors that Segel was unwilling to continue on the show.
Currently in the final year of contracts and the show's license deal with the network, the future of "How I Met Your Mother" always depended on the cooperation of those involved. The show's executive producers, Craig Thomas and Carter Bays, have been pushing for an early decision on renewal -- something necessary in a show that has to »
Similar News Items"How I Met Your Mother" (2005)
- The Most Famous Guest Stars to Ever Appear on How I Met Your Mother (From TVovermind.com. 7 February 2016, 2:00 AM, PST)
- Casting Updates for Fear The Walking Dead Season 2 and The Rocky Horror Picture Show Reboot (From DailyDead. 5 February 2016, 2:31 PM, PST)
- Ben Vereen Joins Fox's Rocky Horror: Broadway Vet to Play Dr. Everett Scott (From TVLine.com. 5 February 2016, 12:33 PM, PST)
- Review: Did 'The Muppets' add 'a little more joy' with revamped show? (From Hitfix. 2 February 2016, 6:00 PM, PST)
- 5 great TV one-season wonders: The Watchlist (From Hitfix. 2 February 2016, 1:58 PM, PST)
- Margot Robbie, Kerry Washington, Reese Witherspoon Among Second Group Of Presenters For 88th Oscars (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 1 February 2016, 6:22 PM, PST)
- Pam Fryman Sets 3 Pilot Directing Gigs (From Deadline TV. 5 February 2016, 8:15 AM, PST)
- Jane Levy Lands Female Lead In Comedy Pilot From How I Met Your Mother Creators (From We Got This Covered. 4 February 2016, 3:04 PM, PST)
- Jane Levy Joins My Time/Your Time, CBS Comedy Pilot From Himym EPs (From TVLine.com. 4 February 2016, 1:00 PM, PST)