Fast National ratings for Friday, Dec. 21, 2012.
A night filled with reruns and Christmas specials marked another holiday Friday, leading to decreased ratings for most programs. However, "Fringe," the lone new scripted offering, held steady from last week.
"Last Man Standing" and "Malibu Country," both in reruns were down significantly from the week before. CBS' "Good Wife" marathon posted low numbers for the network but remained steady throughout the night. NBC and ABC both posted wins during the night with Christmas specials.
ABC won the quiet night with 4.8 million viewers and a 3.2/6 share in households. NBC followed with 4.4 million viewers (2.9/5 households), with CBS (4.1 million viewers, 2.9/5 households), Fox (2.7 million viewers, 1.7/3 households) and The CW (1.8 million viewers, 0.9/2 households) coming in behind.
ABC and Fox tied for the lead among adults 18-49 at 1.0. NBC was third at 0.8, and Fox and The CW tied at 0.6.
Friday hour by hour:
NBC: "Blake Shelton's Not So Family Christmas" (5.0 million viewers, »
Similar News Items"The Good Wife" (2009)
- Women-Centric TV Shows Dominate WGAs (From Indiewire Television. 10 December 2013, 8:19 AM, PST)
- Alexandra Metz Heads To ABC's 'Once Upon A Time' To Play Rapunzel (From ShadowAndAct. 10 December 2013, 8:04 AM, PST)
- Alexandra Metz Heads To ABC's 'Once Upon A Time' To Play Rapunzel (From Indiewire Television. 10 December 2013, 8:04 AM, PST)
"Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares" (2004)
- Mary Berry takes on Gordon Ramsay: Who is the better TV cook? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 13 August 2013, 3:01 AM, PDT)
- 'MasterChef' and 'Food Network Star' help keep summer TV food shows burning (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 7 July 2013, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Gillian Anderson's 'The Fall' opens to 3.5m viewers on BBC Two (From Digital Spy - TV news. 14 May 2013, 2:54 AM, PDT)
"Malibu Country" (2012)
- Cancelled or Renewed? ABC TV Shows Status (From TVSeriesFinale. 4 December 2013, 9:36 PM, PST)
- P!nk & Carey Hart -- Photog Sues Over Malibu Fight ... He Called Me a Pedophile C**t (From TMZ. 25 November 2013, 12:43 PM, PST)
- Ratings: ABC's Friday Comedies Return Down, Shark Tank Premiere Dips But Tops Night (From TVLine.com. 21 September 2013, 9:30 AM, PDT)