Today we’ve received news that Jessica Chastain has been offered starring roles in two, upcoming high profile projects. One is a film adaptation of Marcus Sakey’s novel Good People, which is set to star James Franco, and the second is the American remake of the Italian thriller The Double Hour.
Oscar nominated Danish director Henrik Genz will direct Good People, with a script adapted by Kelly Masterson. If Chastain signs on, it will be her second film with co-star James Franco, with the pair working together late last year on Tar, the film made for the class that Franco teaches at Nyu.
For those unfamiliar with Good People, check out the plot summary below.
“A couple in debt after a string of unsuccessful fertility treatments, before they find the tenant in the apartment below has passed away and left $400,000 in cash in the building. After taking the money, »
- Blake Dew
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- Watch: James Franco & Rachel McAdams Star In First International Trailer & Clip For Wim Wenders’ ‘Every Thing Will Be Fine’ (From The Playlist. 5 March 2015, 11:47 AM, PST)
- TVLine Items: FX Eyes Jenny Slate Show, Chev & Bev Adds Hellcat & More (From TVLine.com. 5 March 2015, 11:39 AM, PST)
- James Franco, Danny DeVito, Fred Armisen & More Guest Starring on Hulu’s Deadbeat Season 2, Teaser Video Revealed (From DailyDead. 5 March 2015, 10:30 AM, PST)
- The Walking Dead, Nightbreed: The Director’s Cut & Hannibal Nominated in 41st Annual Saturn Awards (From DailyDead. 4 March 2015, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Report: Academy Old Guard wants to go backward with just 5 Best Picture nominees (From Hitfix. 4 March 2015, 2:12 AM, PST)
- Stewart Joins Another Prestige Low-Budget Effort (From Alt Film Guide. 3 March 2015, 9:09 PM, PST)
Good People (2014)
- Jokinen, Aschan, Runarsson among Gothenburg Wip (From ScreenDaily. 31 January 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Top 100 Most Anticipated Foreign Films of 2015: #99. Henrik Ruben Genz’s Tordenskiold (From ioncinema. 5 January 2015, 10:15 AM, PST)
- Kate Hudson Accentuates Her Tiny Waist, Displays Toned Arms in Pink Jumpsuit: See Her Hot Miami Style (From Us Weekly. 4 December 2014, 3:28 AM, PST)