It looks like "How I Met Your Mother" fans will have to wait a little longer to find out the identity of the show's titular matriarch.
According to Deadline, "How I Met Your Mother" has been renewed and will return for a ninth season, after all five stars reportedly signed on for another year following weeks of contract negotiations.
CBS could not confirm the report.
The future of the series was in question after rumors surfaced that Jason Segel (arguably the show's most successful star thanks to his steady film career) was done with the show, while the other leads were open to continuing. Deadline reports that the actor "decided to bail and leave the cast hangung [sic]. But he just got turned around today at the last second.”
- Laura Prudom
Similar News Items"How I Met Your Mother" (2005)
- DVD/Blu-ray Deals: How I Met Your Mother, Friends, Fight Club, Battlestar Galactica and More (From Collider.com. 22 November 2014, 5:00 AM, PST)
- New concept art for Disney-Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur (From Flickeringmyth. 20 November 2014, 4:22 AM, PST)
- Our Favorite How I Met Your Mother Guest Stars (From TVovermind.com. 17 November 2014, 5:57 AM, PST)
- 2015 Sundance Predictions: Which Film is the Next Whiplash? (From ioncinema. 19 November 2014, 9:45 AM, PST)
- Remain in Light secures Afm haul (From ScreenDaily. 13 November 2014, 2:18 AM, PST)
- 2015 Sundance Film Festival Predictions: James Ponsoldt’s The End of the Tour (From ioncinema. 12 November 2014, 9:15 AM, PST)
- All Relative Review (From We Got This Covered. 19 November 2014, 3:50 PM, PST)
- 20 Mind-Blowing Facts You Never Knew About How I Met Your Mother (From Obsessed with Film. 4 November 2014, 5:38 AM, PST)
- How Neil Patrick Harris Gets His Penis Ready For Nude Scenes (From Cinema Blend. 27 October 2014, 4:28 PM, PDT)