It’s very easy to be sceptical going into Zero Dark Thirty, given the short amount of time that has elapsed since Osama bin Laden’s death in May 2011, and the film being made.
You want your filmmaker to have meticulously planned their film, for it to be a passion project they’ve been outlining for years, whereas this feels more like a quick fire job, “Quick bin Laden has been killed – make a movie!” However, it’s not like that at all, as Kathryn Bigelow returns in stunning fashion in her follow up to 2010 Oscar winner The Hurt Locker.
Zero Dark Thirty chronicles the decade between the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the death of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, as we watch this often exasperating hunt unravel through the eyes of the placid yet immensely determined CIA agent Maya (Jessica Chastain). Working intensely and under much scrutiny and pressure, »
- Stefan Pape
Similar News ItemsJessica Chastain
- Taylor Kitsch and Garrett Hedlund Eyed for 'True Detective' Season 2 (From MovieWeb. 11 July 2014, 2:54 PM, PDT)
- Is Ryan Gosling Going to Retire After Becoming a Dad? (From Popsugar. 11 July 2014, 1:35 PM, PDT)
- True Detective: Colin Farrell in Talks for Season 2 of the Hit HBO Series; Taylor Kitsch Also in the Mix (From Collider.com. 11 July 2014, 11:26 AM, PDT)
The Hurt Locker (2008)
- Casting Net: Rachel Weisz may join Michael Fassbender in period drama (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 10 July 2014, 3:54 PM, PDT)
- Looking back on six great years at In Contention (From Hitfix. 3 July 2014, 1:04 PM, PDT)
- Awards 2014: If The Oscar Nominations Were Today, Who Would The Academy Vote For? (From The Playlist. 2 July 2014, 10:18 AM, PDT)
- Karlovy Vary: U.S Indie Producers Give Advice on Breaking Into Hollywood (From The Hollywood Reporter. 7 July 2014, 10:03 AM, PDT)
- Fox Launches Mentoring Program For Female Directors (From Cinema Blend. 3 July 2014, 9:51 AM, PDT)
- Karlovy Vary Engages in ‘Conversation With Hollywood’ as Part of Industry Events (From Variety - Film News. 3 July 2014, 7:09 AM, PDT)