Knocked Up producer says he is 'excited to write something with a social conscience' and believes theatre is arena to do it in
After penning a string of screwball Hollywood comedies, including The 40-Year-Old Virgin and Knocked Up, Apatow has told GQ Magazine that he is "excited to write something with a social conscience" and believes the theatre is the perfect place to do so. "That is not something I have attempted before, and I hope I am up for the challenge."
Though he kept the majority of the details under wraps, at least on the record, Apatow revealed that the play will be "about victims of the criminal justice system and the challenges they face".
Asked whether the play will, like the vast majority of his screen projects, »
- Matt Trueman
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- Can You Beat James Franco in a Game of 5-Second Movie Summaries? (From Movies.com. 29 July 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Can You Beat James Franco In a Game of '5-Second Movie Summaries'? (From Movies.com. 29 July 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Review: James Franco's Tossed Off And Drab Cormac McCarthy Adaptation 'Child Of God' (From The Playlist. 29 July 2014, 3:32 PM, PDT)
- After Manimal, which other 1983 TV shows should Will Ferrell reboot? (From The Guardian - TV News. 29 July 2014, 3:02 AM, PDT)
- Drunk History, Nathan for You: Third Seasons for Comedy Central Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 28 July 2014, 1:39 AM, PDT)
- 'Drunk History' and 'Nathan For You' renewed by Comedy Central (From Hitfix. 25 July 2014, 4:06 PM, PDT)
- What’s Left in 2014: Ten Highly Anticipated Movies (From SoundOnSight. 28 July 2014, 6:24 PM, PDT)
- Ten Best: Movies to get excited for in the second half of 2014 (From Blogomatic3000. 26 July 2014, 9:53 AM, PDT)
- Casting: Mara, Carell, Jones, Fairley (From Dark Horizons. 24 July 2014, 8:13 AM, PDT)