I have a friend, a Hollywood producer, who calls me up every week or so and leaves the following message in a conspiratorial, Deep-Throatish voice: "I am now in a position to tell you the winner of this year's best-picture Oscar."
It's a joke. Each week I call back and he tells me a different film. Except that unlike that last film we decided on as this year's best picture – what were we thinking? – this new one is absolutely, positively going to win. No doubt. Sweep the board. A winner through and through. At least until next week.
Frankly, it's the only way to deal with an Oscar race that seems to consist, at times, entirely of frontrunners. It's the most competitive race in years – a "barn-burner »
- Tom Shone
Similar News ItemsLeonardo DiCaprio
- People's 'Most Beautiful' Celebrities Posing with Their Younger Selves (From PEOPLE.com. 20 April 2014, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- Chris Pine Will Play a Real-Life Hero (From Popsugar. 18 April 2014, 2:09 PM, PDT)
- Chris Pine Will Play a Real-Life Hero (From BuzzSugar. 18 April 2014, 2:09 PM, PDT)
- YNMS²: Foxcatcher & Gone Girl (From FilmExperience. 19 April 2014, 4:13 PM, PDT)
- ‘Batman: Assault on Arkham’ Trailer – The Animated Movie Based on the ‘Arkham’ Games (From Screen Rant. 19 April 2014, 2:14 PM, PDT)
- Zack Snyder: ‘Everyone Clings to the Christopher Reeve Version of Superman’ (From Variety - Film News. 19 April 2014, 1:40 PM, PDT)
- Quentin Tarantino 'editing' 'The Hateful Eight' script after leak (From RealBollywood. 20 April 2014, 9:33 PM, PDT)
- Quentin Tarantino Says He Is Still Working On His 'Hateful Eight' Script (From Cinema Blend. 20 April 2014, 8:11 PM, PDT)
- Quentin Tarantino takes 'Hateful Eight' script out for an all-star live test drive (From Hitfix. 20 April 2014, 4:15 PM, PDT)