Season 2 of "The X Factor" reached a satisfying conclusion with the announcement that country singer and working class dad Tate Stevens won the $5 million recording contract prize.
The mood was celebratory backstage after the show, as judges Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid and hosts Khloe Kardashian Odom and Mario Lopez universally agreed that Stevens was the right choice to take it all.
Here's what they had to say:
Khloe Kardashian Odom: "Tate is so open with his emotions. He's on stage in front of millions of people and he's a grown man that will shed a tear. I think that's something that's so endearing about him.
"Every [week] he would say 'You know, tomorrow I may have to go back home and get back to work.' And I'm like, 'Are you kidding? Do you hear yourself?' It's interesting that [the praise] doesn't get to [his] head. I couldn't imagine singing out there and everyone praising you, »
Similar News ItemsSimon Cowell (I)
- Simon Cowell 'plans to revive wrestling on British TV' (From Virgin Media - TV. 1 March 2015, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Valentine Warner creates Earth Hour menu (From Virgin Media - TV. 26 February 2015, 8:15 AM, PST)
- Taylor Swift named Woman of the Year at the Elle Style Awards (From National Ledger. 25 February 2015, 9:33 AM, PST)
"The X Factor" (2004)
- ITV CEO Adam Crozier Tapped for Variety’s Achievement in Int’l TV Award (From Variety - TV News. 25 February 2015, 9:01 AM, PST)
- Noel Gallagher: 'I've rejected X Factor and Strictly offers' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 20 February 2015, 12:40 PM, PST)
- Eight reasons to celebrate the return of Gogglebox (From The Guardian - TV News. 20 February 2015, 3:16 AM, PST)
- Khloe Kardashian Goes Totally Blonde, See Her New Hair Color (From Us Weekly. 1 March 2015, 11:24 PM, PST)
- Khloé Kardashian Reveals New Blond Hairstyle After Celebrating Ryan Seacrest's Birthday With Family and Friends (From E! Online. 1 March 2015, 3:53 PM, PST)
- Kelly\'s \'Fashion\' Replacement? (From Access Hollywood. 1 March 2015, 12:13 PM, PST)