"So You Think You Can Dance" has been picked up for a tenth season.
Fox has officially announced the return of the Emmy-winning dance competition show, with auditions kicking off on Fri., Jan. 18, 2013.
“I couldn’t be more proud of the amazing work that Nigel [Lythgoe] and the entire 'So You Think You Can Dance' team has done over the past nine seasons,” Fox's president of Alternative Entertainment Mike Darnell said. “This show is truly one of the most compelling series on television and I can’t wait to bring it back for Season 10.”
The summer reality series saw high ratings in Season 9, ranking No 1 in its timeslot in the key 18-49 demo.
Season 10 auditions will be held in Austin, Detroit, Boston, Memphis and L.A. as producers continue to search for the best dancers in the nation. Call-backs will take place in Las Vegas, where contestants will work »
- Leigh Weingus
Similar News Items"So You Think You Can Dance" (2005)
- Marriott Gets Into Movies With "Two Bellmen" (From Dark Horizons. 17 December 2014, 7:11 AM, PST)
- American Idol: Fox Cutting Results Show (From TVSeriesFinale. 16 December 2014, 5:32 PM, PST)
- American Idol Cut Down to One Night a Week (From E! Online. 15 December 2014, 8:42 AM, PST)
Mike Darnell (I)
- Fox cancels 'Utopia' (From Hitfix. 2 November 2014, 1:38 PM, PST)
- Ellen DeGeneres Debuts Her Own Online Video Destination ‘Ellentube’ (From Tubefilter News. 30 October 2014, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- Ellen DeGeneres Launches ‘Ellentube’ Video Site, Expanding Beyond YouTube (From Variety - TV News. 30 October 2014, 6:27 AM, PDT)