Reality dance competition show "So You Think You Can Dance" has been renewed for a tenth season at Fox.
"I couldn't be more proud of the amazing work that Nigel and the entire 'So You Think You Can Dance' team has done over the past nine seasons," says Mike Darnell, President of Alternative Entertainment. "This show is truly one of the most compelling series on television and I can't wait to bring it back for Season 10."
Nigel Lythgoe tweeted on Wednesday, "Great news for Christmas: Fox officially picked up Season 10 of #Sytycd # DanceOnFox. First audition City Austin TX. #MyBestChristmasGift."
Producers are getting right back to work after the holidays -- auditions for the show begin January 18 in Austin, TX. According to the press release, "The show will continue its search for America's Favorite Dancers on Monday, Feb. 11 at Saint Andrew's Hall in Detroit, Mi; Thursday, Feb. 21 at the Boston Opera House in Boston, »
Similar News Items"So You Think You Can Dance" (2005)
- Risks and rewards for Network Ten (From IF.com.au. 5 December 2013, 1:22 PM, PST)
- Cancelled or Renewed? Status of Fox TV Shows (From TVSeriesFinale. 5 December 2013, 12:22 AM, PST)
- One Direction Goes Bollywood for 1D Day Special (From Bollyspice. 30 November 2013, 4:01 PM, PST)
- 'American Idol' Producers Slam Racial Discrimination Lawsuit (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 26 November 2013, 12:07 PM, PST)
- Ryan Seacrest -- Takes Friendly Fire Over Most Confusing Game Show Ever (From TMZ. 9 October 2013, 5:30 PM, PDT)
- Nigel Lythgoe -- Rips Ryan Seacrest's Show ... 'Million Second Quiz' Was Terrible!!! (From TMZ. 9 October 2013, 5:30 AM, PDT)
Mike Darnell (I)
- Reality Producers 5x5 Media Exit Electus for Warner Horizon Television (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 4 December 2013, 12:53 PM, PST)
- Blumhouse Making Haunted Horror a Reality with ABC (From Dread Central. 25 November 2013, 11:26 AM, PST)
- Mike Darnell, Jason Blum Partner On Haunted House Reality Series (From Upcoming-Movies.com. 22 November 2013, 11:24 PM, PST)