Sneak Peek new images and footage from "Vikings", the upcoming nine-part scripted series premiering March 3, 2013 on History :
"...portraying the world of these 'Dark Age' raiders, traders, explorers – not from an outsider’s view, but through the eyes of 'Viking' society..."
"...filled with conflict, warfare and bloodshed, 'Vikings' is also a family saga at heart, following 'Ragnar Lothbrok' (Travis Fimmel), always looking to break through barriers and discover new worlds to conquer.
"A farmer and family man, Ragnar is deeply frustrated by the unadventurous policies of his local chieftain, 'Earl Haraldson' (Gabriel Byrne), who continues to send his raiders east every summer, to the Baltic states and Russia, whose populations are as materially poor as themselves.
"'Vikings' will chart Ragnar’s ambitions to discover civilizations across the great ocean to the west, as well as inevitable conflicts and adventures along the way..."
Created and scripted by Michael Hirst, »
- M. Stevens
Similar News ItemsClive Standen
- Vikings: Watch a Season Five Sneak Peek for the History Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 2 February 2017, 6:17 PM, PST)
- Exclusive: 'Vikings' Star Alex Høgh Andersen Talks Shocking Season Finale, Learning From 'Genius' Travis Fimmel (From Entertainment Tonight. 1 February 2017, 7:00 PM, PST)
- Altice Studios’ Sfr Play Acquires Luc Besson’s ‘Taken’ Series (From Variety - TV News. 31 January 2017, 8:45 AM, PST)
- Mad To Be Normal gets UK release this April (From Flickeringmyth. 6 February 2017, 6:50 AM, PST)
- Films by Terrence Malick, Werner Herzog, Paul Verhoeven Headline Glasgow Festival (From Variety - Film News. 19 January 2017, 7:10 AM, PST)
- These are the opening and closing films for this year’s Glasgow Film Festival (From The Hollywood News. 5 January 2017, 5:59 AM, PST)
- The Dark Tower Pop! Vinyl figures for The Gunslinger and the Man in Black revealed by Funko (From Flickeringmyth. 18 February 2017, 11:24 AM, PST)
- Katheryn Winnick signs up for Truenorth's 'Journey Home' (From ScreenDaily. 12 February 2017, 10:00 PM, PST)
- Vikings: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Five on History? (From TVSeriesFinale. 11 February 2017, 11:19 PM, PST)