Michael Strahan says he backed out of fixing his teeth at the last minute because he doesn't want to be perfect. The Pro Bowl defensive end turned daytime talk show host defends the giant gap in his smile during an interview with Elle.
The former footballer tells the mag he was so close to having his trademark closed up, the dentist actually had mockups prepared.
"I was in my twenties. I was playing with the Giants," says Strahan. "There's so much pressure to be perfect. You can fix everything now. For me, I made the conscious effort to say 'This is who I am.' I'm not perfect. I don't want to try to be perfect."
Similar News ItemsKelly Ripa
- Photo Proof That Kelly Ripa Has Been Smiling Since 1993 (From Popsugar. 26 July 2016, 5:35 PM, PDT)
- Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos Deserve Gold Medals for Their "Synchronized Wrestling" Routine (From E! Online. 24 July 2016, 4:07 PM, PDT)
- Was Zoo Twist a Tired Trope? Is Carpool Karaoke Psychic? Girl Meets Missed Crossover Opportunity? And More Qs! (From TVLine.com. 22 July 2016, 9:56 AM, PDT)
- What's This About Scandal Ending? The Moment That Made Shonda Rhimes Spit Out Her Coffee (From E! Online. 27 July 2016, 6:51 AM, PDT)
- Kelly Ripa’s Guest Co-Hosts Ranked by TV Ratings: From Kimmel to ‘Scandal’ Star (Photos) (From The Wrap. 26 July 2016, 10:38 AM, PDT)
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Join His Ex-Wife Nicole Murphy at Premiere of Daughter Bria's New Movie (From PEOPLE.com. 26 July 2016, 7:10 AM, PDT)
- Stars and Scars -- You Be the Judge (From TMZ. 9 August 2014, 12:50 AM, PDT)
- Is Nicole Murphy Rebounding with Gary Payton? (From PEOPLE.com. 8 August 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Nicole Murphy -- From Whine to Wine (From TMZ. 8 August 2014, 3:15 AM, PDT)